Topic: International MMA

TAPOLOGY: JMMA THREAD (Frequently Updated!)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

03.18.2013 | 1:10 AM ET

Gregory gave me the heads up to start a thread solely based on JMMA. So here it is. I'll mainly be focusing on everything JMMA oriented, so I'll continuously post cards, updates, results, info and more. Results will have their own separate threads. Enjoy your JMMA!

* Edited at 03.28.2013, 10:30 PM ET *

Responses Page 50

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

01.19.2015 | 10:30 PM ET

Idk I think Yachi matches up pretty well with Kim. I would give Yachi the advantage in the striking. Kim is probably bigger, stronger, and more polished on the ground but Yachi has solid TDD as well. Wouldn't be surprised if the winner is UFC bound.

Also looks like Askren vs Sapo just went official for the April 24th ONE event in Manila.

* Edited at 01.19.2015, 10:31 PM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

01.22.2015 | 1:26 AM ET

DEEP JEWELS Grand Prix participants announced

Has most of the fighters I wanted and expected to be in, only real notable absences are Ishioka, Sugi Rock, and Hamasaki (figured she would be focusing on Invicta anyways). V.V Mei is definitely the fave to win to me, Tomimatsu probably being the other person being favored by most. I think Ayaka Miura and Mina Kurobe could surprise though.

* Edited at 01.22.2015, 1:31 AM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

_doc
_doc
  • Predictions:  113  |  77.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 250

01.22.2015 | 10:26 AM ET

It hasn't been updated on Tapology, and I haven't found out about it until about 10 minutes ago, but it seems to be that the full line up for the 'Deep - 71 Impact' card have been put on Sherdog.
Some fun matches here, looking for my boy Ohara to pull out another victory!
What fights do you guys like on this card?

http://www.sherdog.com/events/Deep-71-Impact-43481

* Edited at 01.22.2015, 10:27 AM ET *

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

01.22.2015 | 1:58 PM ET

Hasegawa making his MW debut will be interesting even though I don't really care for him, Ryuta will be a tough test for him. Most interesting fight to me is K-Taro vs Katahira, only seen a little of Katahira so will be nice to get a recent look at him against a high level of opponent.

Hopefully somebody drops down to 99lbs because right now there's just absolutely no one there with any experience for Shinashi to fight and it looks bad on her to come back after 6 years to fight a bunch of cans.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

02.03.2015 | 1:47 PM ET

Mizuki Inoue's brother Naoki won the Flyweight DEEP Future King Tournament the past weekend

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,595  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

02.17.2015 | 12:43 PM ET

Ganryujima will be held on February 28, 2015 at Differ Ariake in Tokyo, Japan and live broadcast on Fuji 1 Sports.  The new and unusual promotion has announced the brackets for the 8-man tournament under somewhat grappling-unfriendly rules.

#1 – Marcus “Lelo” Aurelio (Capoeira, Brazil) vs Abdoulaye Niang (Senegalese wrestling, Senegal)

Aurelio is a capoeira kick boxer with an MMA record of 6-2 who last fought in Bellator 79 in 2012. Niang is a practitioner of his native country’s Senegalese wrestling.

#2 – Amaramend Boldo (MMA/Sumo, Mongolia) vs Kazuhisa (American football, Japan)

Boldo has a career sumo record of 225-182 under the name Yoshihiro Hoshikaze. He has fought in IGF under MMA rules once, beating Atsushi Sawada. Kazuhisa plays American football and is expected to be on the Japanese bobsled team. He is training under K-1 and DREAM fighter Taiei Kin.

#3 – Minowaman (MMA/wrestling, Japan) vs Han Wula (MMA/Shuai Jiao, China)

Minowaman needs no introduction, but for stat’s sake, his MMA record now stands at 60-37-8. Han is a 2-meter tall shuai jiao and sanda champion with a 4-3 MMA record who has competed in CKF.

#4 – Brian Douwes (kickboxing, Netherlands) vs Kamen Georgiev (combat Sambo, Bulgaria)

Brian “Bad Ass” Douwes of the Netherlands was the WFCA European K-1 Super-Heavyweight Champion, and as a kick boxer has a record of 33-22-2. Kamen Georgiev of Bulgaria is multiple world champion in both sanshou and sambo with an MMA record of 30-9-1. This is looked to be the obvious frontrunner match.

Reserve – Morikawa Osamu (judo, Japan) vs Miura Akira (karate,Japan)

A few “super fights” will be held outside the tournament. In the first, Japanese Featherweight Champion boxer Kazuhisa Watanabe will participate in a match under the Ganryujima ruleset against Shaolin kung fu master Guo Cheng. Japanese master of tai chi Yamagishi Masashi will face karate master Abiko Yutaro.

It also appears that a women’s match has been made between karate champion Kisami Rika and Chinese martial arts practitioner Chihiro Yamamoto.

RULES

The competition area will be 8-meter diameter and 60 cm high circle stage with no ropes or cage, with a possible moat of water surrounding it. There will be 3 rounds of 3 minutes each, with 1 round extension, 1 minute between each round. However, the time and number of rounds may be changed if both sides agree.

Competition clothing will be provided as a sleeveless top and two trousers to choose from. Supporting gear will be determined or approved by officials. MMA gloves will be used.

A fighter can win by KO, TKO, opponent’s submission, or three judge decision. Additionally, a win can come by TKO fall, if one opponent falls off the stage 3 times in one round. In scoring, a fighter loses points for receiving damage or falling/being thrown and subsequently off the stage.

Techniques not allowed include the usual, plus no head kicks or stomps to a grounded opponent, and no chokes to a grounded opponent. Allowed strikes include the usual, plus elbows and head butts. Standing grappling is allowed but will be a break when it takes place on the ground.

http://mma-in-asia.com/breaking-news/ganryujima-brackets-determined/

* Edited at 02.17.2015, 12:43 PM ET *

"This is Shooto!"

Legz
Legz

02.20.2015 | 8:28 AM ET

Shoot Boxing uploaded Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Hiroki Shishido. First round is crazy. 

* Edited at 02.20.2015, 8:28 AM ET *

"This is Shooto!"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.03.2015 | 12:52 AM ET

Kind of grainy footage of a match from Ganryujima, I believe it’s the Masafumi Yamagishi (Tai Chi) vs Yutaro Iwamura (Karate) super fight. Ends pretty quick so we don't really get a look at the unique rules unfortunately.

Legz
Legz

03.03.2015 | 8:33 AM ET

Didn't even give him a chance to turn Super Saiyan.

"This is Shooto!"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.03.2015 | 1:37 PM ET

More Ganryujima video

Lelo vs Senegalese wrestler

Lelo vs Yoshihiro Hoshikaze

Event opening

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.04.2015 | 12:15 AM ET

Looks like IGF is putting on an 8 man HW GP starting at IGF 3 in April and the finals happening at Bom-Ba-Ye. So far announced are:
Beast Boy
Dion Staring
Yosef Ali Mohammad
Antony Rea
Fernando Rodrigues Jr.
Oli Thompson

Pretty decent lineup for HW MMA outside of UFC, Bellator, and M-1. Winner probably gets Mirko's vacated belt and I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Ishii, Fujita, Brett Rogers, or even Minowaman get added to this.

Legz
Legz

03.04.2015 | 1:51 AM ET

Some decent names actually. Beast Boy is the favorite I think and it would be interesting if he ends up replacing Sapp as the big black fighter in Japan role. I'm sure the Japs would go crazy for him and his personality.

"This is Shooto!"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.05.2015 | 2:20 PM ET

More Ganryujima
Yoshihiro Hoshikaze (Sumo) vs Kazuhisa Waku (American Football)

Minowaman (MMA/Pro Wrestling) vs Han Wula (Sanda/Shuai Jiao/MMA)

Brian Douwes (Kickboxing) vs Kamen Georgiev (Combat Sambo)

Kazuhisa Watanabe (Boxing) vs Guo Zhen (Shaolin Kung Fu) (Watanabe should've been in the tournament, holy **** haha)

Brian Douwes (Kickboxing) vs Han Wula (Sanda/Shuai Jiao/MMA)

Brian Douwes (Kickboxing) vs Yoshihiro Hoshikaze (Sumo)

I think that's everything except the Kung Fu and Karate demos and Morikawa vs Miura

* Edited at 03.05.2015, 2:33 PM ET *

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973

03.11.2015 | 9:45 AM ET

Question for all of you well versed JMMA fellas! My friend works for (low level) One FC and they Asuka Mikami fighting for their Flyweight title this week. He wants to know how legit he is, or what his strengths tend to be. Thanks!

"Frig off, bud"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

03.11.2015 | 10:22 AM ET

Mikami from The Outsider series of RINGS, which doesn't bode well, since record for guys when they fight outside of that promotion is pretty abysmal when they enter other JMMA orgs. This is due to The Outsider being a promotion to do sideshow matches with Yakuza, salarymen, etc to try MMA without being put i  with guys that train fully.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.11.2015 | 11:14 AM ET

I haven't seen a new Mikami fight in awhile but he's about as good as OUTSIDER gets. He should get subbed eventually if not quickly in this fight but he's surprised me before with his win over Koga and trains at a decent gym (HEARTS run by Kenji Osawa). OUTSIDER though isn't really going to be producing legit prospects, the whole basis of it was to give people a second chance whether it be salarymen, felons, gang members, nerds, etc. and most of them don't really have much formal training or train at small irrelevant gyms. It still manages to have the best attendance of all the JMMA promotions though.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973

03.11.2015 | 12:45 PM ET

Awesome. Thanks for the info guys. 

"Frig off, bud"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.12.2015 | 2:21 PM ET

2015 Pancrase Fighter HL

Also a few days back they signed Betao Nogueira, he was one of my fave guys in Bellator so that's a nice pickup.

According to Will Chope a Pancrase mobile game is coming as well
https://instagram.com/p/0ID2aINdAH/

* Edited at 03.12.2015, 2:23 PM ET *

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

03.16.2015 | 1:04 PM ET

So ZST tweeted this earlier

If I'm not mistaken, Bout Review says Caol Uno & Naoya Uematsu vs Katsuya Toida & Yo Saito. Could be wrong but talk about unexpected.
User Actions Followingバウトレビュー‏@boutreview

(会見詳細Up)[ZST] 組技タッグに宇野薫&植松直哉、戸井田カツヤ&齊藤曜参戦:4.12 新宿 http://www.boutreview.com/2/news/zst/item_16745.html

* Edited at 03.16.2015, 1:23 PM ET *

Legz
Legz

03.16.2015 | 4:41 PM ET

Uemastu is alive?

"This is Shooto!"

Page 50

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55