Topic: Silva vs. Weidman

Silva vs. Weidman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,583  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

02.27.2013 | 10:31 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Weidman. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 9

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.03.2013 | 6:13 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I just watched Franklin/Silva I again today to start my usual UFC weekend buildup routine and get my juices flowing for this fight ... 

Dana's face when he was putting the belt on Silva ... he looked seriously pissed off that their golden boy, highly marketable, supposed to be the Hughes/Liddell of the middleweight division got beat. Badly.

Little did he know he was crowning the GOAT :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

07.03.2013 | 6:21 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Never noticed that, was it as bad as when Cain beat brock?

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

07.04.2013 | 3:30 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Decision  

I hope wiedman wins.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,916  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

07.04.2013 | 4:29 PM ET

Look how happy Weidman is as he touches the GOAT belt. I hope he enjoyed it since that was the first but also last time. (At least as long as Andy is around)

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

07.04.2013 | 4:31 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

That belt's not good enough for a titan like Weidman, he'll get his own like Stone Cold's smoking skull belt when he massacres Andy on Saturday. 
lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

07.04.2013 | 4:32 PM ET

anderson knows...how to play ****** mind games

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.04.2013 | 4:32 PM ET

I hope Anderson shines up Weidman's belt before Saturday night. Get ready for a new era to begin in the MW division.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

07.04.2013 | 5:01 PM ET

Weidman is gonna walk out to the cage with his Gi, and brown belt on, and submit Silva in the 2nd....

"3HUNNA"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.04.2013 | 5:24 PM ET

John Danaher is a wizard. The man is a walking temple of MMA and jui jitsu knowledge. The man knows how to prepare his pupils for challenges better then just about anyone. Danaher orchestrated Weidman's whole camp. Add Serra and Longo to the mix of helping Weidman and I don't think there is any doubt he will be ready for Saturday night.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Tepes
Tepes
  • Predictions:  817  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 500

07.04.2013 | 6:20 PM ET

Silva is a ******* phenom
PatGallagher
PatGallagher
  • Predictions:  258  |  53.9%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 272

07.04.2013 | 6:34 PM ET

I really don't know, I don't want to say Weidman can't win, I think he has the tools to. However in my honest opinion he's only had 9 fights (which means nothing I know just gimme a minute) I know everyone will claim how Jon Jones had x amount of fights as did Cain and GSP and so on, but the difference is I've only seen one of Weidman's fights, the Maia fight (I've only seen highlights of the Munoz fight). From that fight I can't say I think he'll beat Silva, however I do agree its a different opponent, had a shorter camp that fight. From the highlights of the Munoz fight I've seen he did look very impressive, however as great as that elbow was; Standing is Anderson territory, I don't think he'll land anything like it or if he does Anderson will shake it off like he always does, his head movement is amazing to the point where a blow that would down a normal man just glances off him. Bottom line (and this is just my opinion) for Weidman to win be tenacious with the takedowns, now I dont know if he is as relentless as Chael (I'm a massive Chael fan also) but I reckon get him down and sub him fast, I think the first fight proved no one can control Anderson for 5 rounds (not even gonna debate Jon Jones), otherwise I think its just another day at the office for Anderson. Anyway thats just how I see it, I may be wrong but I'm going with Silva (currently in my picks as 1st round tko/ko but more likely 2nd round tbh) if Weidman pulls it out then more power to him and hopefully he can have as much success as Anderson has had defending the belt, just my opinion, take care hombres, peace out :) 

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

07.04.2013 | 10:15 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

StarsStavros
StarsStavros

07.04.2013 | 10:43 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   correct Round 2  

Mwah! Pre fight kiss.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.04.2013 | 11:33 PM ET

Odd fight to call, I picked Silva but I know Weidman has the grappling ability to win. I just don't think he'll get the takedown, that's all. He's a power wrestler, not a speedy and explosive one and I think that works in Anderson's favor.

I was initially impressed by Weidman's supreme confidence and that was where my faith in him existed...but then I saw the video of the press conference and I'm sorry but Anderson Silva has it in the bag. Weidman's confidence is manufactured, it's not real.

Anderson Silva is a master of the psychological fight, no one's better at it. The **** he does is so ******* subtle but dangerous, it's beautiful.

Here's an example that no one talked about but I heard; Anderson Silva's going around reporters eating pieces of toast with a ridiculous amount of butter on them while Chris Weidman is killing himself cutting weight. That's just another subtle way he psyches out his opponent.

He let Weidman touch the belt for ****'s sake, that is HILARIOUS. Anderson Silva is the MASTER of the psychological fighting game, really the greatest of all-time. How the **** do people not like him, it baffles me. The only people who don't like Anderson are fat, I am convinced.

"الله أكبرl"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.05.2013 | 12:03 AM ET

I picked Anderson Silva because, well...he's Anderson Silva.
sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,286  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

07.05.2013 | 12:15 AM ET

How I feel about this fight.

* Edited at 07.05.2013, 1:08 AM ET *

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.05.2013 | 12:22 AM ET

But @anik I actually like Anderson Silva and am fat! 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

amp112
amp112

07.05.2013 | 1:42 AM ET

Are you fat or just big boned? Because if it's the latter, Anik's theory still proves true.

As a disclaimer, I don't mean any ill will towards fat people. I used to be fat myself.
ian729
ian729
  • Predictions:  24,135  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,235
  • Post Score: 259

07.05.2013 | 3:21 AM ET

So does anyone else get the feeling like this fight might end up being a repeat of Silva/Maia or Silva/Leites? 
amp112
amp112

07.05.2013 | 4:26 AM ET

First off, I put the blame on the Leites fight on Leites. He was timid. Silva tried to engage him, but he'd back off.The Maia fight was much less forgivable to me. He had Maia hurt several times.

I'm pretty certain the reason that Silva fought like that was because he felt insulted to fight fighters who were significantly below him. Let's be honest. Neither was ready for a title fight. Leites got the shot because he beat Marquardt in a very weird fight. Maia served as an injury replacement.

Weidman has a dangerous skill set and he's shown no reason that he doesn't deserve a title fight. He did beat the man most thought would be next in line (Munoz). Silva would be foolish to fight Weidman like Maia. 

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary