Tapology Forums

Dana: "TRT has become a way to cheat"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,835  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

02.15.2013 | 5:09 PM ET

Today, MMA Opinion received news from a Q&A that Dana attended with fans in London that he has now switched his stance on testosterone replacement therapy from “it’s legal!” to ‘TRT is cheating, and we’re coming after anyone that uses it:

“TRT has become a way for people to cheat. If this is what your normal level should be and then you have guys training at huge levels (of testosterone) for their whole camp then tapering down to get to normal levels before the ******* fight, that’s cheating, and I don’t like it anymore.”

“There are plenty of guys in the UFC that are naturally gifted and talented fighters. If you’re testosterone levels are too low then you’re probably too old to be fighting, stop fighting! “

“We can test everybody. I’m telling you right now, if you are using testosterone replacement therapy, get ready ************s because we’re going to test the **** out of you.”

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2133436&forum=1&page=1&pc=5

/////////

If he follows through...... it would paint him in a good light in my eyes for the first time in years.

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Responses

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

02.15.2013 | 5:13 PM ET

I'm glad...agree with Dana.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.15.2013 | 6:52 PM ET

Awesome if he sticks to this.

Couldn't the UFC ban TRT altogether though if they really wanted?  I'm not sure exactly how it works, but just because the athletic commission allows something does that mean the UFC would have to allow it as well or could they choose not to allow it?  Obviously if the athletic commission doesn't allow something the UFC can't choose to allow it, but I wouldn't think the same rules would apply the other way around.  I'd just like to see it removed from the sport entirely.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.15.2013 | 6:58 PM ET

Cool after TRT let's make protein supplements and multi vitamins illegal too.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

02.15.2013 | 6:59 PM ET

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

02.15.2013 | 7:16 PM ET

Probably top 3 piece of news in 2013 so far. This is huge.

Could this be a backlash of the Vitor TRT debacle?

Fans, fighters and media were very vocal, more than usual.

"@AndySalasMMA"

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,835  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

02.15.2013 | 7:39 PM ET

That probably why Sonnens level was so high the first time.

it was no mistake, he was abusing it and just didnt get back to normal fast enough.

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.15.2013 | 8:29 PM ET

WHERE YOU AT BOMAR?

Where you at Hendo ****riders?

Dana's on MY SIDE *****. Performance-enhancing *******s are going down!

"الله أكبرl"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

02.15.2013 | 8:33 PM ET

@anik haha calm down
I do not disagree that people on TRT should be tested more, because they should but of any of the fighters in the UFC currently on TRT I would say Hendo is the least likely to be abusing it.
Hendo could bring in all the proof needed to show why it is he is on TRT and if the UFC does start testing these guys more (which I think they should) I would beat damn near anything that Hendo would not test with levels high.

"Is reality really realistic?"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.15.2013 | 8:34 PM ET

frank mir is on trt correct? cormier could probably still beat him something bad with it.
Anik
Anik

02.15.2013 | 8:35 PM ET

@justynbomar I bet the first guy's gonna test for high levels and then no one ever will.

"الله أكبرl"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

02.15.2013 | 8:39 PM ET

@anik well then problem solved right?
Fighters who need it could still use it to level the playing field and no one could use it to get an unfair advantage. Not that (in my opinion) it gives people that much of an advantage I mean Frank Mir lost on TRT, as did Rampage, Chael and Hendo has lost as well, which is what it all really comes down to.

Anik
Anik

02.15.2013 | 8:43 PM ET

"Not that (in my opinion) it gives people that much of an advantage"

Look up Dr. Life, he's a 70 year old bodybuilder who's completely changed his life around and attributes this dramatic life change to his daily usage of testosterone.

"الله أكبرl"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

02.15.2013 | 8:45 PM ET

Okay but would that help him in a fight? Probably not.
I think at the end of the day you can be on all the testosterone you want but if someone is a more skilled fighter than you are they are going to beat you.

Anik
Anik

02.15.2013 | 8:50 PM ET

Guys who test positive for steroids usually end up losing, doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't cheating.

Testosterone WOULD help in a fight, it's making you stronger, more aggressive and filled with more energy. If that wouldn't help you in a FIGHT from all things, I don't know what will.

"الله أكبرl"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

02.15.2013 | 8:57 PM ET

Well if people are doing TRT and still losing than I think it clearly doesn't make that big of an impact. I think it will help alot more during training camp because like you said it would give you more energy so the fighter could train longer, it would also help to recover from some injury easier but when it comes down to the fight I don't think it gives the fighter much of an advantage and since people on TRT are still losing I think that kinda proves that. 

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

02.15.2013 | 9:04 PM ET

I think this is great news but I don't think the UFC will ban TRT or the fighters who use it and test on the normal levels, it's just a matter of money, let's say you have big stars who are not performing as well as they used to but still have a big name and sell a good amount of PPV's, would you (the UFC) would like them to retire or keep them fighting for a couple of more years? so enters TRT into play, there will be lots of fighters that won't use it at first but sadly I think it will become more popular among the fighters. there used to be a couple of fighters that used it legally 5 years ago now every few months we hear about one or two  fighters who started using in a couple of years 80% of the fighter over 33 or 35 will be using it. if Dana or the UFC really wanted to ban TRT from his fighters they should put a clause on the contracts and not renew contracts on the fighters that are using it and don't want to stop. easy as that

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

02.15.2013 | 9:06 PM ET

Ya I don't think banning TRT is the right way to go. I think people on it should just be regulated and tested more often. Or just every fighter contracted by the UFC should be tested more than just pre and post fight.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.15.2013 | 9:10 PM ET

dana using doublespeak as always. 5 hour energy drink should be banned and so should xyience.
JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

02.15.2013 | 9:14 PM ET

@wolf well I'm actually pretty sure you aren't aloud to drink any of those things for a certain time prior to your fight.

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

02.15.2013 | 9:24 PM ET

All you guys literally know jack-**** about TRT, and how its tested and its uses. This **** is absolutely ridiculous. 

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'