Tapology Forums

Jon Jones and Rashad Evan's Beef

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

05.15.2011 | 2:59 AM ET

What is reallllllllllly going on here? I know the beginning stages on how once Rashad got injured and Jones went in to bat. And that they both verbally agreed that they would NEVER fight each other. Then, Jones wins and Rashad says you can never say never?? I thought these two guys liked each other, but the more that I'm reading its looking like two different things. Of course, this may all be hype like some fighters do to get ratings/publicity but still. Then, I read on one of the mma websites, that Jones doesn't need surgery since it was a pre existing condition from college and now Rashad has a new match. Is Jones really avoiding Evans? Comments please

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

Responses Page 3

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.23.2011 | 1:14 AM ET

@jaffa if you bet on MMA intelligently, you are typically doing it a little bit at a time in a systematic way.  e.g.; if your total betting account is worth $100, you put $1 on this fight, $2 on that fight.   this doesn't mean you are going to win, but it makes things a little more stable if you make a larger number of small bets.

if you are interested in learning more, a good resource is a bunch of articles written on MMAJunkie by Eric Foster:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/1500/where-and-how-to-bet-mma-now.mma

"I live, I die, I live again."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.23.2011 | 1:22 AM ET

@gregory. if you took my idea about monopoly money account (1000 dollars to start) we might get some of the people here addicted to wagering on mma. maybe not such a good idea. the one on the numbers on the moderate upset pick ribbons i do think is a good idea. i know you said it would take time b/c it's tricky. i like this site and the picking aspect and % appeals to me. i'll be here a long time. i might be able to get 1 or 2 people from the gals guide to mma to join. its where jeremy fanposted about tapology and i was curious. glad i gave it a try.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.23.2011 | 1:39 AM ET

cool glad to hear it, and your inviting other people is fantastic.

we like almost every idea we get suggested to us.  it just ends up being way more complicated to implement them than you would imagine :)   we'll get there though, one little feature at a time...

"I live, I die, I live again."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

05.23.2011 | 4:05 AM ET

I really don't care, Rashad always seems like a ****y ass so I do hope Jones gets the chance to destroy his title hopes! The layoff only helps Jones work on his game and continue to evolve.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011

05.23.2011 | 6:07 PM ET

@wolfman- I've actually only been to One main event- Evans vs Jackson along with the UFC Fan Expo that happened in vegas May of last year. 

I also attended TWO WEC events, one in Texas and the other in Vegas. Which both main even cards were crazy knock outs lol. It's interesting to be waiting for the main event anticipating for a longer fight and both of them are done within minutes (kind of makes me upset actually :/ lol) Which btw, was Miguel Torres vs Brian Bowles and Mike Brown vs Leonard Garcia. I think the craziest fight was Miguel getting knocked out by Brian Bowles ( I watched that one in Vegas actually) . I've also seen one Pro MMA fight in Texas as well, which was a different experience. The women do get after it, I do agree. I just know Dana isn't going to have COED anytime soon or ever.

sugadamn
sugadamn
  • Predictions:  181  |  53.6%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 97

05.23.2011 | 7:15 PM ET

From what I have heard in interviews is that Jones sounds afraid of Rashad Evans. When you are constantly walking up to a guy that you have trained with for a while and grimacingly tell him you going to beat him senseless there has to be something wrong. I personally believe that Rashad has Jones mentally beat and that Jones is currently attempting to overcome that. I don't think Jones thought he was ready yet so he complained about an injury that he had had since high school telling the doctor he wanted voluntary surgery on himself and the doctors convinced him otherwise which was not publicized until the Evans Davis fight was set up. I think Jones is afraid and that Evans will become 17-1-1 with his title back on his waist
GSP_SPIDER126
GSP_SPIDER126
  • Predictions:  2,915  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 67

05.23.2011 | 7:21 PM ET

JONES THE BEST

Jones will defeat rashad in less time than he did shogun

"*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience""

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.24.2011 | 12:22 AM ET

@ufcchick  it looks like dana has caved in to nick diaz's demands and i'll bet diaz is going to get a % of the ppv's. a very small % but if they do 1.3 -1.4 million ppv buys that is alot of money to be made on top of what they are going  pay him and i know diaz is confident and will do everything in his power to get FOTN bonus or the other two bonuses out there.it could be a million dollar fight for diaz(ball park figure) i think dana will see the light on female mma b/c i'll bet the fertitta's might see an opportunity to make money with female mma so whatever they want dana will follow. i definitely want to see in about 18 months women on the cards in ufc ppv events. 
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.24.2011 | 12:27 AM ET

a million dollar fight after taxes. i heard chuck and tito still get small checks for their fights b/c they got a small piece of the % pie. could even be more money than i'm thinking. anybody know contracts out here on the message boards.
ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011

05.24.2011 | 1:10 AM ET

@wolfman the base rate pay for a top mma fighter is 250,000 not including endorsements and %'s

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.24.2011 | 1:35 AM ET

thanks for that info. i think i saw that rashad made 400,000 base pay vs rampage? my gut tells me diaz would get about that and his endorsements would go up greatly b/c of this fight and the way they  worded the expected fight is it was a one of a kind type of offer. so definitely a small % of ppv's too. anybody know how the % of the ppv's (buys)for the biggest fights are figured out?
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

05.24.2011 | 2:09 PM ET

I dont know if Diaz would get that much... that is crazy good money and im glad to see it 

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

sugadamn
sugadamn
  • Predictions:  181  |  53.6%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 97

07.29.2011 | 10:44 PM ET

From what I have read (And I have read a lot). Evans has said before that he would fight anyone with the belt. How this particular thing started was before Jones even got his belt he was asked if he would fight Rashad if Dana asked him to and he said whatever it takes. So Jones was the first to break the promise. Evans felt betrayed left the training camp and then said you can never say never. Then Jones got an "injury" which he was told that he could fight on but he chose not to let it heal. This hand injury is a preexisting injury he suffered in get this, Highschool. Now it might be pretty obvious that I am partial to Rashad I have done my research. And from what I heard in interviews Rashad is confident and Bones is scared commenting he needs to fight his "inner demons."  If you have ever been in a combat sport you can tell the Jones is mentally defeated and im positive that those are his "inner demons."
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.30.2011 | 12:08 AM ET

it will be settled in around  5 months time.
AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,809  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

07.30.2011 | 3:16 AM ET

@wolfmanhowl: Rashad got $250,000 base pay vs. Rampage, then a $185,000 win bonus when he won.

And if Tito wins next Saturday this will very likely never be settled - not in 5 months, or in 5 years, because I see Rashad moving down to 185 - and here's specifically how: If Shogun beats Forrest in Rio, there will be a Rashad-Forrest rematch, quite possibly at UFC 139; and Forrest will be seeking revenge not only for Rashad's taking the belt from him at UFC 92 (and I was there!), but for the way Rashad showed him up by blowing him a kiss and then grabbing his jock.  So Forrest would be a super bet in the rematch, not only for that reason, but because Forrest will have beaten the same opponent Rashad lost to since the first meeting (Tito), and Rashad's camp in Florida may now be on the verge of falling apart, with Bigfoot Silva expected to lure all those Brazilian ex-ATT fighters from Imperial Athletics to join him at Team Nogueira - meaning that Rashad might be in his third camp in less than a year by the time the fight goes down.

If Forrest does win the rematch, it's likely das ist alles for Rashad at 205, as the Germans say.

* Edited at 07.30.2011, 3:35 AM ET *

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

07.30.2011 | 6:28 AM ET

@Anthony.. Your acting like its a sure thing Tito is going to win.. Rashad will most likely beat Tito...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato

07.30.2011 | 8:34 AM ET

@thiago: He's got a lot of things going against him; and while I love Rashad to death, he's not Pope Benedict XVI.  He's made an awful lot of mistakes over the past year or so - and when mistakes are made, prices get paid!

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

07.30.2011 | 8:53 AM ET

We will see I think he beats Tito and gets that title back.. but we will see!

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato

07.30.2011 | 8:58 AM ET

I just don't see anyone beating Jon Jones - ever; and certainly not someone who's 7" smaller than he is.

Jones will prove to be the Lawrence O'Donnell of the UFC.  He will rewrite every record the UFC has.

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

07.30.2011 | 8:59 AM ET

@anthony.. Jones wont defend his belt more than one time .. I guarantee it.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long