Topic: Carwin vs. dos Santos

Carwin vs. Dos Santos Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,561
  • Post Score: 60

05.12.2011 | 11:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   correct Decision  

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Carwin vs. Dos Santos. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 10

dvnmiller26
dvnmiller26
  • Predictions:  1,075  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 170

06.11.2011 | 6:34 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Carwin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I am so up in the air about this fight. You would be a complete idiot to bet on this fight. However I see this fight going one of two ways. One being Carwin uses his strength and pins Dos Santos up against the cage and pummels him Frank Mir style, or Dos Santos using his speed and range and stays away from Carwin's big shots and pulls out a UD or a late KO/TKO in the 3rd rd. This fight has me hyped, which will probably mean it will be a boring 3 round decision but I sure hope that it isn't. So many questions about Carwin's cardio, how will he react after a loss? Also Dos Santos's chin has not been really tested yet, we will see how that develops. This has FOTY potential.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.11.2011 | 12:29 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Carwin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

when your undecided and you think it could go either way always pick the underdog. carwin +145.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

06.11.2011 | 2:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I wouldn't be shocked to see Carwin get the KO here, but I don't think it will happen. Dos Santos is faster, has better striking, is healthier, younger, has better cardio, and is more agile. Carwin has the power advantage but I don't think he gets to use it.

"I live, I die, I live again."

platzhirsch
platzhirsch
  • Predictions:  714  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 65

06.11.2011 | 2:59 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Ive had my eyes on JDS since he uppercut werdum into oblivion. I'd be very surprised if carwin manages to grind JDS or even catch him. In fact I'd be very surprised to see anything else than a KO by JDS.
Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

06.11.2011 | 3:09 PM ET

Late first round finish.  Dos santos will land a little bit because of his speed and technique, carwin will land 1 for every 3 but he will hurt dos santos more with each of his strikes.  I think tentative first minute, followed by a couple hits and then someone sleeping.  I think carwin will take this but neither would be a surprise.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

06.11.2011 | 8:50 PM ET

Well, what can I say I calls em like I sees em. I respect how nice you all are but I cannot forsake common sense= hence my thoughts on Carwin. I did find it funny, however, that a few of you seemed somehow offended that I voiced my opinions about Carwin and his supplementation, yet none of you seemed to agree with me. Is this because Carwin is so popular? I suspect its more of an issue of people not doing their homework on said issues. Of all my friends we all know he did it as well as others who have been brought up or suspended. I could list them, how much time do we have? Point being, some of you don't give a ****, ignorant of the issue, or too damn P.C.   Should I make a thread concerning this issue or is all of this talk taboo? Should I show the Gustapo my ID, or can we speak freely of our opinions without some bleeding heart crying "fighter bashing!"

"Grrr."

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

06.11.2011 | 9:02 PM ET

Ever re-read a post and realize you kinda sound like an *******? I'm done drinkin and posting;)   Sorry if i sounded like a turd but i get strong feelings sometimes....

"Grrr."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

06.12.2011 | 2:54 AM ET

They did it wrong :'-(

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 183 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Marlon Basílio vs. Vinicius Pires - The fight is over! Round 3 finish!
  • Join the LFA 183 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Marlon Basílio 25% Vinicius Pires 75%
  • Marlon Basílio (9-1-0) RJ, BR is the #76th Pro Mens Featherweight in Brazil.
  • Vinicius Pires (8-1-0, 1 NC) SP, BR is the #13th Pro Mens Bantamweight in Brazil.
  • LFA 183 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Complexo Ribalta in Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • ONE Fight Night 22 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Rungrawee Sitsongpeenong vs. Bogdan Shumarov - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the ONE Fight Night 22 live discussion
  • Bogdan Shumarov (0-0-0) BG.
  • Rungrawee "Legatron" Sitsongpeenong (0-0-0) TH.
  • ONE Fight Night 22 features 4 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand