Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz not returning Dana White's phone calls, texts

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

warmaster
warmaster
  • Predictions:  943  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  469
  • Post Score: 260

01.05.2013 | 8:50 PM ET

I can't post the link properly, don't know why. Here it is:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/5/3840608/nick-diaz-not-returning-dana-white-calls-texts-ufc-157

And here's a quote from Dana, from that article:

"This is a fight that [Diaz] wanted, he really wanted this fight bad," said Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White (via MiddleEasy.com). "And Georges St. Pierre called him out. He's getting it. I expect Diaz to be there. Nick Diaz does not return my calls or texts. Nothing. It's Nick Diaz. He doesn't have to call me, he doesn't have to text me; but, he needs to show up to the press conference."

It's probably too soon to start speculating on whether Nick is going to skip another press conference or not. With that said, if I was Johny Hendricks, I'd start training for an eventual fight with GSP... you know, just in case.

"You will serve me in the Netherrealm!"

Responses

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,384  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

01.05.2013 | 9:06 PM ET

Cesar Gracie said a couple days ago:

'Don't worry Dana, Nick doesn't respond to my phone calls either. He will be at the press conference and more importantly the fight'

No big deal.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

01.05.2013 | 9:32 PM ET

What is so difficult about returning a text from your boss?

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

01.05.2013 | 9:44 PM ET

I don't know about anyone else, but it would not occur to me to not respond to my employer, or landlord.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

01.05.2013 | 10:42 PM ET

Depends on your landlord. My old landlord was a POS. On the bright side, I now know how to fix a thermostat thanks to her reluctance, my impatience and youtube.
Superlative
Superlative
  • Predictions:  97  |  48.5%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 236

01.05.2013 | 11:35 PM ET

Eh, I don't see why it's that big of a deal, if you actually watch the video Dana says it doesn't really bother him that he doesn't return the texts messsages. Plus, Cesar said that Nick doesn't return his either, and I really don't think anyone's lanlord or boss would care if you didn't return their texts as long as you pay your rent, and do your job properly.

DelRose
DelRose

01.05.2013 | 11:53 PM ET

On Nicks YT channel people are constantly posting on his comment board. He rarely responds.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

01.06.2013 | 12:17 AM ET

That's just how nick is...and always has been. The less people that he has to deal with the easier he can deal with everything. Nothing's gonna change him.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.12.2013 | 9:19 AM ET

Given Dana's mercurial nature, I'm surprised he gives Nick so much slack.  If it were someone else, there might well be more serious consequences.  He must be getting used to Nick being so inconsistent or so consistently unreliable.  

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,861  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

01.12.2013 | 1:35 PM ET

Well Bill, Dana is protecting his champion from Hendriks. He always said he'd protect his champs

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

01.12.2013 | 2:24 PM ET

In all fairness Nick Diaz is probably just so stoned all the time that he can't figure out how to work his phone.
That or because he is so stoned all the time he just thinks he is hearing noises when it is actually his phone going off.

"Is reality really realistic?"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.12.2013 | 3:09 PM ET

I first discovered Nick when he fought Diego Sanchez those many years ago.  He was complaining that Sanchez wasn't deserving to fight him.  Then Diego won.  

But if Nick finds a way to mess this up by not doing something he is supposed to do, I would no longer be able to support him.  I'd have to take him down from being one of my favorites.  He has to get his head up to his talent.  Balance is the key word here and Nick needs to find him some amount of it if he hopes to fulfill his career and have that string of lucrative fights ahead of him that want to face him.  

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.12.2013 | 3:21 PM ET

@JM  Naw.  That ain't it.  Dana knows that he doesn't have to protect GSP from Johny or anyone else.  GSP will sail through Jonny and dispatch him like any other fighter.  It will be just another win for GSP.

But I do believe that Dana was delighted to accommodate GSP's request.  Dana knows that Diaz will generate many more PPV buys than Johny could.  Just because of his mouth and bad behavior.  Misbehavior sells in this world and the UFC is presently milking it for all its worth.  

But GSP was within his rights to ask for the Diaz fight.  He really wanted to shut him up and will be more aggressive than usual in the Octagon that night.  But fear not, JM.  Don't despair, y'all.  Johny will come next and it will soon be his turn to lose.  GSP is THAT good.  

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 6-11
  • Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowns ‘Girl’ De La Hoya After Win
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria