Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Videogames

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

01.04.2013 | 6:41 AM ET

Haven't seen a thread on this so i thought I'd make one.

So what's Tapology playing?

I've been dabbling in a bunch of games but i keep going back to Uncharted 3,Black Ops 2 and BF 3 multiplayer.

* Edited at 01.04.2013, 6:42 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Page 91

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull

03.27.2015 | 2:02 AM ET

Battlefront is going to be great. DICE ******* nails the atmosphere of a battlefield.

If they don't remove the Star Wars soundtrack during gameplay, it should be incredible, and have to be experienced with a headset or theatre system.

Battlefront's modes also fit in with DICE's style of MP. 

Here's some rumours about the game.
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/tons-star-wars-battlefront-rumors-links-star-wars-force-awakens/

Edit:

Just got Bloodborne. lets do this ****. 

* Edited at 03.27.2015, 3:02 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

03.28.2015 | 12:27 PM ET

if anyone is interested in joining the Heroes of the Storm closed BETA, message me.
i have some keys to give away (they gave me four).
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.28.2015 | 6:02 PM ET

Yeah I also got a couple spare ones for HOTS pretty awesome game, Bloodborne is ******* epic, too.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

03.28.2015 | 8:41 PM ET

Has anyone played Order 1886?

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

03.29.2015 | 8:58 AM ET

Yeah @griffy I ******* loved it

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,017  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

03.29.2015 | 1:10 PM ET

Can't stop playing Monster Hunter 4 Unlimited.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.29.2015 | 3:45 PM ET

Bloodborne is amazing. One of my favorite exclusives for the PS4. 
I am about 4 bosses in. But the first boss, "The Cleric Beast" I killed it my first try and I never had as much fun with a boss fight in a while. That boss fight really sets up what you are in store for. As of right now I am about 25 hours in.

My advice for playing Bloodborne:

Get good, or Die.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

03.29.2015 | 3:52 PM ET

The Order: 1886 was ok for me. I pre ordered it and visually it is the greatest looking game as of right now. Gameplay, it is a lot of repetitiveness. Cover based shooting and that is about it. Very much like "Mass Effect" or "Gears of War" The Story was meh and really only set up the game for a sequel. There is a twist, and without spoiling anything, it is an obvious twist.
Only a 7 hour game at best, and that is about it.

Overall it is a good game, you can get it, but I would recommend it if it was $40 or less.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.29.2015 | 4:13 PM ET

I didn't like what I played of it. Story seemed short, no online, repetitive gameplay, not much 'innovative' about it. If it was a game I could pick up for about $30, it's a really great deal and would be a solid playthrough. But for it's current price, I think you're getting royally ****** if you buy it. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull

03.29.2015 | 10:17 PM ET

I enjoyed The Order. it was a nice change of pace from all the open world and grinding games I'd been playing.

This is hilarious though.

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

03.30.2015 | 4:31 PM ET

I really liked The Order story and the history of it was great too.

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

04.04.2015 | 10:39 AM ET

Console exclusives are definitely one of my least favorite aspects of the gaming industry. I understand the reasoning behind them, I really do, but it still friggin blows. If a company is co-producing, why would they want it to cross platforms? However, I feel like there is a huge difference between allowing a game to get ported to pc and allowing it onto another console. If people are desiring it on pc, they're not going to be going for a competing console, and they're sure are extremely unlikely to shell out for a console for one game, so really they're just missing out on sales from that entire section of the market. Basically....I just really ******* want to play Bloodborne and can't because Sony is a big mean *******. I can't afford a console for one damn game! I don't even own a new-gen console in the first place

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

04.04.2015 | 10:55 AM ET

@hybrid Exclusives drive competition, That's why exclusives are always the best games, And I'm sure Sony and Microsoft pay enough for them not to worry about the market they are missing out on, You might say you don't like exclusives but the games wouldn't be as good if we didn't have them IMO.

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

04.04.2015 | 11:00 AM ET

@thiago Oh, I said I understood why they do them. I'm just butthurt I can't play the game. At least not for years when PS4's are super dirtcheap, or I happen to know somebody who's down to let me borrow a console and a copy long enough to play it through.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

04.04.2015 | 11:04 AM ET

Hahaha yeah, I remember being pretty pissed when I couldn't play Halo or Gears when I had a Ps3

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487

04.04.2015 | 1:10 PM ET

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

04.15.2015 | 4:05 AM ET

Does anyone play Mortal Kombat X? I don't, but I guess there is a character on the game that looks a little bit, like Felice and she is getting pretty upset by it.

So Felice has a trademark for taking selfies?

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

04.15.2015 | 11:05 AM ET

ohh stop Felice, Cassie Cage ain't got time for your ****. This is literally the same situation that Lindsey Lohan had with GTA V. They are just similar, plus her concept art has been around for months, now why is it a problem now? 

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

04.15.2015 | 11:05 AM ET

OK, now. My review for MKX. 

IT IS AWESOME. The variations add a special factor into gameplay and has an opportunity to add more options for a characters actions. The interactions at the beginning of fights are great and hilarious and really gets the player hyped for the fight.

Graphics are top notch for a fighting game and the sounds are gruesome. (Even though majority of the sounds in game of gore is literally a plunger and some slime. Still pretty awesome foley work)

The interactive environments are great and fun to play around with. They really took the good parts of that from "Injustice." 

Story mode is sick. The whole story takes place over the period of 25 years after the events of MK9. Without spoiling anything, and that itself is weird typing that there could be "spoilers" in a fighting game story mode. That is awesome how the story is so good and immersive. It plays out how MK9 did where each chapter is a different character. For those who have seen the first 25 mins from the IGN gameplay, you know how cool the story is, and they aren't even scratching the surface with that. In the end I was happy with how it ended and really interested on where it goes from there. Overall the story mode is about 5 hours long. Ohh and there is QTEs and in this story, it is not a bad thing at all. Also if you have ever played the games MK4, Deadly Alliance, or Deception, you will see a lot of characters from those games in this as NPCs that are part of the story. Not much but a bit.

For the cons of the game I really don't have much. Basically you don't have many Fatalities to work with. (Only 2, but they are all great) The story I wished that I could play as certain characters in the story and have that expanded. Story should have been longer, but in saying that I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I had such a fun time I did not what that to end. (Complete opposite of the way I felt about "Order: 1886") 

Some of the controls are clunky and first but can easily be learned, and once you do, you can be the boss of Kombat.

Faction Wars are fun. LIN KUEI ALL DAY!!!

Challenge Towers are challenging, yet enjoyable. After completing a challenge you really have a sense of accomplishment. 

Overall a fun game and I recommend it fully. Majority of fighting games are like a ****o. You really don't care about the story and you skip right to the action. This game is not like that at all. Everything is immersive.

Gameplay: 10
Story: 9
Graphics: 9.5
Controls: 9
Xtras: 9.5
DLC (Kombat Pack): 9 (PREDATOR IS SICK, I can't wait for more)

Overall: 9.5/10 Highly recommend and highly replayable.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325

04.15.2015 | 11:46 AM ET

@hdmexiqtioner What's the character list in the new Mortal Kombat?

"..."

Page 91

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Four Former Trials Winners Given Invites To ADCC 2024
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Hopes to ‘Finish His Story’ at UFC 302 with a Lightweight Title Victory Over Islam Makhachev
  • Bad Left Hook : Cameron splits with Matchroom, signs with Queensberry
  • MMA Junkie : William Gomis vs. Jean Silva scrapped from UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins, bout cancelled
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Cal Ellenor vs Niall Wilson
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter lands just one punch for 11-second knockout
  • Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic