Tapology Forums

Does Anyone else...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DelRose
DelRose

12.30.2012 | 3:12 AM ET

Think this fight was fixed? With all do respect. But does anyone think this fight between JDS and Cain was fixed? I love Cain just as much as the next Cain fan does. But JDS didn't come out like he usually does, didn't set up any KO punches or combinations, he seemed timid. I had to analyze the fight to make sure. Please, someone prove me wrong, Greg please don't delete this post, I just want to make sure. Thumbs down if you think I'm wrong and tell me why.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Responses

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

12.30.2012 | 3:16 AM ET

It was not fixed at all. You just were under the false assumption that JDS was actually better then Cain because of the first fight in which Cain was seriously injuried prior to the fight. 100% Cain is another beast entirely and proved that he is with out a doubt the best fighter in the HW division.

"here I come to save the day"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  56,081  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

12.30.2012 | 3:18 AM ET

Dude, seriously.  Of course the fight wasn't fixed, this is modern-day MMA at the highest level.  Cain is one of the proudest fighters you'll ever find, I obviously can't speak for him but I know he would NEVER be involved in a fixed fight, same goes for Dos Santos.  We've never seen dos Santos get hit the way Cain hit him, so no one knew how he would react.  He stayed strong but after that one punch he was never the same, and yeah he fought timid because he was pretty much on the defensive for the remainder of the fight.
But fixed, come on now.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

That's a pretty bad fix if so. He took a 25 minute beating, but he landed some pretty good shots of his own. No way it was a fix, it was just a pissed off, highly motivated, and healthy Cain Velasquez. He avenged his loss with a huge statement to the division. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 6 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

@DelRose, If fights were fixed, I'm pretty sure Lesnar would still be UFC champion.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

DelRose
DelRose

12.30.2012 | 3:23 AM ET

Thanks guys. 

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

12.30.2012 | 4:03 AM ET

JDS doesn't do well under pressure. Frank Mir walked him down with ease and got a hold of him. slow ass and terrible striker FRANK MIR!

JDS is a pure offensive fighter and he never got the chance to become one in this fight.

* Edited at 12.30.2012, 4:08 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.30.2012 | 4:45 AM ET

Don't you think that if they fixed the fight JDS would get a better deal than being beat from post to post for 25 minutes?

JDS came out as usual (in the first round he stuffed quite a few TDs and landed some nice counters), but this time Cain put the pressure on him and he got tired quickly ... the overhand right to the chin didn't help matters either.

He was overwhelmed, outclassed and smothered by a fighter with a never-ending gas tank who didn't give him room to setup anything major in the striking department ... or breathe for a second :)

* Edited at 12.30.2012, 4:46 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

12.30.2012 | 1:43 PM ET

he didn't throw combinations because cain was threatening w/ take downs from the very begining. wrestling beats boxing 9/10 times. because a boxer can not throw punches the same way when he's scared of being taken down

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

12.30.2012 | 7:19 PM ET

This isn't boxing. If the fight was fixed, I would think it would have been jds winning. I don't know what was really to be gained by the title being turned over for it to be worth fixing. And all of the other reasons already mentioned
eadumm
eadumm

12.30.2012 | 9:06 PM ET

when i saw it live i thought it was simply strange but ok ... cain beating the hell out of JDS.

but i looked at it again and after thinking about some facts that ppl were talking about this last week, now i think this fight was fixed.

i'm not talking about cain, only JDS. cain is a beast and he showed his best.

first its JDS jab ... he simply did not used it as much as he used to and when he did its not the way he usually does, if you look at all his fights, his jabs pack serious power and crazy range, and this last element was missing, it was all short jabs with little power behind it. not doing something he did on every fight, for 25 min? weird ...

second, JDS footwork ... really, where did it go? he always used it, during the whole fights, not only offensively but defensively also. in this fight he went stationary during most of the exchanges. not his style at all. it can be argued that cain pressured him the whole time. but he could have used the same way he used to at some point during these 25m.

lowering his hands ... WTH??? he did this in any other fight? a boxer like JDS lowering his hands multiple times, being punished for it, while his corner yells "put these hands up you mother*****!!!"?

im not putting his BJJ on the equation because nobody ever saw it. but a guy that trains with minotauro showing that kind of skills on the ground is strange.

some other stuff ppl may notice:

UFC wants bad to enter the mexican market, after the FOX deal i dont think the UFC cares how many PPV it sells, i mean of course they do, but these guys want to conquer the world (dana said it himself) and Brazil its already in UFC pocket, even if JDS looses 100 times.
Cain is the only mexican big name in mma, if Cain had lost a second time to JDS this would mean no title fights for some time for cain and no Cain vs JDS 3.

To me now its not so far fetched that someone made JDS an offer he could not refuse, and Cain only did his job and destroyed an effortless JDS.

Feel free to flame me now ...
StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

12.30.2012 | 9:26 PM ET

Not to be a prick, but it is rather asinine to say that the UFC would fix a fight in this day and age.  

Bottom line, Velasquez flat out BROUGHT IT last night and now he's champion again.  Dos Santos just didn't have the best fight of his life, it happens.  They'll fight again down the road and that match will make the UFC a lot of money and hopefully the 3rd fight will be a excellent one.  

I understand your concern with fight fixing, but I personally trust the UFC on this one.  Velasquez was the better fighter last night.

ADD ON: Interesting stat on Dos Santos.  His career record against people he fights the first time: 15-0.  Record against people he rematches: 0-2.  Dos Santos probably should stick with just fighting people one time apparently! lol

* Edited at 12.30.2012, 9:27 PM ET *

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.30.2012 | 9:28 PM ET

nobody would take five rounds of beating and jeopardize there whole career. cain could have broken an orbital bone  or far worse. if it was fixed jDS could have just curled up in the second round  with no defense and then the ref would have called the tko.

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

12.31.2012 | 12:47 AM ET

I'm not going to thumb you down, 18 is enough and is quite funny. The truth is, JDS:
-should've known Cain was going to do that,
-should've known Cain was going to be in better condition this time around,
-should've prepared adequately in the strategic department. It was painfully obvious that he didn't; in the first round he was not near as aggressive, likely because he did not anticipate Cain to come on like that (although he should've), and leater on he didn't keep his hands up (which is understandable considering those waters were by far the deepest he's ever been in) and,
-should've ensured that if any doubting of Velasquez's ability due to knocking him out in a minute was making him underestimate Cain, he needed to stay focused and motivated, expecting Cain to have an iron chin and relentless pace this time around. I believe JDS, perhaps in the bacl of his mind, overlooked Cain.

I don't think it was fixed. I think the biggest reasons for Cain's victory were 1) JDS's lack of (primarily strategic) preparation and anticipation and 2) Cain's ability and determination. Cain knew what JDS was capable of, but JDS likely didn't know what Cain was capable of, and didn't anticipate what he should've anticipated. Now he does, and now JDS will improve from his mistake. He's never faced real adversity before, but now he has, and now that we know he has an iron chin, some actual cardio, and heart, it should be awesoe to see him bounce back (hopefully) strong and I'm confident in saying he and Cain are the two best HWs on the planet by a wide margin.

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

12.31.2012 | 12:51 AM ET

Using that logic, one could also say that their first fight was fixed since Cain didn't come out at the start of the fight like he normally does.
MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

12.31.2012 | 12:52 AM ET

I think if it was fixed he would have gone down in the first or second. JDS has heart to take that bad of a beating.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,390  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

12.31.2012 | 1:04 AM ET

Yeah ... I don't think Dos Santos would have stuck around for 25 minute like a warrior ... This may be the stupidest question ever asked on here by an active member.. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

12.31.2012 | 1:19 AM ET

Fixed?  That's funny.  If they were trying to fix it, they forgot how.  To fix a fight right, when the guy that's supposed to win hits you, you're supposed to go down and lie there.  Like Sonny Liston.

And if they wanted to fix it, they would probably have someone colorful be champ, to goose the gate.  Like Overeem.

To arrange for a bland guy like Cain or JDS be champ would not goose the gate at all.  

They just can't fix 'em like they used to.  Maybe the brutal economy has caused the UFC to let go of their crooked refs and judges.  Can't pay them any more.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

DelRose
DelRose

12.31.2012 | 1:52 AM ET

I'm the last person that takes notice to conspiracy theories. But Dana is a business man, maybe he has it all planned out. Velasquez and Junior are both 1/1 with each other now, this gate was larger than Lesnar and Overeem fight, and Lesnar is one of the biggest draws in MMA history. Imagine what Dos santos vs Velasquez III Could draw? 

This leaves one to question his motives. 

eadumm
eadumm

12.31.2012 | 11:25 AM ET

lets put ourselves on a fighters position that is clearly loosing a fight (or hypothetically has to), would you rather loose by decision or ko? the answer after the fight is always like "i hang in there ..."

JDS didnt stood like a warrior, he stood like a puss, lowering his hands, inviting cains hand to his chin, i would use the word "warrior" if it reminded me remotely of roy or frankie. JDS clearly wasn't fighting with everything he got, if you say he is, go rewatch some of his fights.

Cain was perfect, but he could train 5 minutes of BJJ ... Come on, he could have brought home JDS arm, without mentioning hundreds of sub opportunities JDS gave him on the ground. It would be epic.

I think JDS knew what Cain is capable of, come on, he probably watched all his fights multiple times, a lot of people probably helped him analyzing Cain, twice. Its not like he went to youtube and typed "cain velasquez" and stepped in the cage. One thing it can be questioned tho is his mental preparation, i mean, executing everything together. JDS clearly wasnt himself.

I dont think the motives for fixing this one is making Cain vs JDS 3 ... as long as there is money and some interests involved anything can be fixed and Dana NEED someone to carry UFC flag to Mexico, to make things easier he would need a big star mexican champion. Do you guys think UFC would be this big in Canada without GSP?

Oh well ... maybe we get the third fight next year? The real battle ...
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

12.31.2012 | 11:31 AM ET

JDS isn't a warrior?? I would have to disagree. For him to hang in there the whole fight taking that beating, many other fighters might have given up.

JDS wasn't fighting with everything he had? That shot from Cain took alot out of him and for him to even be able to keep fighting was pretty impressive.

I'm guessing you might have been one of the fans booing JDS after the fight.

* Edited at 12.31.2012, 11:31 AM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 6-11
  • Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301