Tapology Forums

******* CROWDS

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MMAsamurai8
MMAsamurai8
  • Predictions:  1,206  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: 50

12.30.2012 | 1:49 AM ET

Whats up with the crowd booing junior dos santos. Some of these crowds are ridiculous sometimes. people need to be educated enough to know when a good fight is happening or something. that was one hell of a perfromance by both fighers, JDS showed alot of heart. Cain is an animal man

"Be water my freind"

Responses

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.30.2012 | 1:51 AM ET

I think every fight except Miller/Lauzon got booed at one point, fans cant appreciate good fights sometimes

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,991  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

12.30.2012 | 1:53 AM ET

The fans were horrible but those guys who boooed JDS at the end probably lost money on that fight so the joke is on them, in a way.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

12.30.2012 | 1:54 AM ET

I was in a predominantly Latino (Mexican) crowd, so I really heard it there. But, hey, it's America, half of the booing fans don't even know where Brazil is. Personally, I could care less if a fighter is from my country; I just happened to be born in America, and I could care less where I'm from, although I am proud and happy to be an American. I'm a fan of JDS because he's great fighter and a great guy, and I'm a fan of Velasquez for the same reasons. If a jerk from the US and a jerk from Germany are fighting, I won't root for either.

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

Jake Rock
Jake Rock
  • Predictions:  380  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 228

12.30.2012 | 1:57 AM ET

Your absolutely right, and how amazing was that fight!?!?! 
Only if Pat Berry was there to teach them all a little respect! 
lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

12.30.2012 | 2:06 AM ET

man **** was ridiculous at some points tonight. i was lucky enough to go, but at times, that crowd needed to shut the **** up. people yellin 'stand up!' while fighters are doin work on the ground, yellin '**** cigano', i was pretty disgusted, but just tried to stay positive and focus on the fights. congrats to Cain! JDS will be back, and holy **** that jim miller and lauzon fight was epic

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

12.30.2012 | 2:15 AM ET

Reminded me of the Brazilian crowds.

Canada can be pretty bad to non-canadians too.

* Edited at 12.30.2012, 2:18 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

12.30.2012 | 2:26 AM ET

Damn people in the crowds need to take a lesson from a Japanese MMA audience.

At the bar there were no complaints through out the night that were of booing status.
Seriously you are booing a event that you paid big money for going to this event, you bought overpriced food and drink to watch 2 people voluntarily step into a cage and fight for your amusement, and you boo? seriously if I had invested a quarter of the money for this type of show, I would sit my ass down and shut the hell up. Just positives from me.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

12.30.2012 | 2:28 AM ET

I really wish it was a japanese audience. 

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

MMAsamurai8
MMAsamurai8
  • Predictions:  1,206  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: 50

12.30.2012 | 4:03 AM ET

you wish the audience was japanese? every audience ant be japanese. there needs to be audiences everywhere

"Be water my freind"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

12.30.2012 | 1:12 PM ET

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

12.30.2012 | 1:27 PM ET

there was a guy sitting in front of me threatening people that he would show up to their jobs and boo them haha it was awesome

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

12.30.2012 | 1:29 PM ET

Some people are *******s, if you have ever been to a live UFC event then I'm sure you sat near the just bleed type fans. At UFC 152 for MM/Benavidez I was loving it, people were booing all around me, they think the fighting is easy. They think its easy to keep a pace like that for 25 minutes. When you buy a ticket to a fight you are paying to be a spectator, you are paying to watch the pros do what they know how to do best. You aren't paying to be a critique. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

12.30.2012 | 1:34 PM ET

I remember during the Bellator fight I went to, it was a good grapple match and people were booing for no raisin. So literally I yelled out "STOP ******* BOOING" and they did. I LOLed.

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

12.30.2012 | 1:38 PM ET

i really felt bad for jds when he showed the heart of a champion and those morons were booing him...my guess is was coming from the mexican crowd that there to support cain. and ppl who lost money on jds...rogan has really gotten on my nerves lately but i was really glad to hear him tell the fans to knock it off. jds deserved better

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

12.30.2012 | 4:43 PM ET

Cain is my 2nd favorite fighter and Junior is 37th but I'm updating this afternoon and Junior is, at a minimum, going into the 20s. What heart, chin, and spirit.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

crunchpunchko
crunchpunchko
  • Predictions:  1,108  |  57.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 65

12.30.2012 | 6:56 PM ET

you complaining aout a crowd in vegas durring the holidays i bet half of them where rich people nothing beter to do and the other half to drunk to know what was going on

"Jon Jones get your sh*T together" - Daniel Comier

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

12.30.2012 | 7:52 PM ET

Yeah it is really bad.At UFC on FX 3 there was some loudmouth drunk dudes yelling profanity filled nonsense and "STAND THEM UP" when any fight hit the ground.Even when Erick Silva was locking in the fight ending choke.I clapped for every fighter and wouldn't dare boo the warriors.
PRIDEIrish
PRIDEIrish
  • Predictions:  710  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  52
  • Post Score: 148

12.30.2012 | 8:12 PM ET

Youd think fans only boo when a fight is boring but there was booing at Wineland v Pickett for christ sakes!
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.30.2012 | 8:29 PM ET

las vegas is drunk central. these fools will boo anything. when we went to some UFC events if anybody near us boo'd at a fight that was exciting i woud tell them to get that **** out of here. then make them look like fools to the people around them. drunks try to ruin alot of things in vegas. i like how the police on the strip handle it. straight to the highrise metro jail.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

12.30.2012 | 8:41 PM ET

Drunk or not Vegas or somewhere else it was still disgusting. Junior showed the kind of heart in that fight you rarely see. It was on the Frankie Edgar level and it doesn't get better then that. I've been to 2 live UFC events so I know there's idiots that just boo to boo but last night was the worst I've seen.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski calls Jose Aldo featherweight GOAT ahead of UFC 301: 'He's how a champion should be'
  • MMA Mania : ‘12 Gauge’ Unloads On ‘Piece Of S—t’ Danis After Alleged Affair Claims
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey writing script for her own Netflix biopic, no longer expected to star in film
  • MMAFighting.com : Oscar De La Hoya ‘definitely going to sue’ Canelo Alvarez for defamation after explosive claims
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 4: Jose Aldo, Alexandre Pantoja hang with soccer legend