Topic: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

St. Pierre vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,730  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,619
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

12.14.2012 | 6:41 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

There was also no chance of Matt Serra beating gsp the first time. This is fighting, anything could happen anytime and you are the one fooling yourself if you think gsp can't lose.
JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

12.14.2012 | 6:50 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Ya but Serra had a punchers chance Diaz' pillow fists aren't going to be able to knock out GSP

* Edited at 12.14.2012, 6:50 PM ET *

"Is reality really realistic?"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

12.14.2012 | 6:53 PM ET

I swear if someone brings up Serra again when GSP fights, I'm gonna find them and shave their eyebrows while they sleep.

So ******* annoying, IT WAS A FLUKE FIGHT! GSP ALREADY PROVED NOT. FLUKES RARELY HAPPEN. GOD. ANNOYING. IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

I mean GSP even changed his whole style to make SURE it doesn't happen again, and it definitely won't happen against Nick Diaz from all people. Nick Diaz is the most overrated welterweight on the planet, he has no chance.

Don't give me that "everyone has a puncher's chance, look at Matt Serra" ********. Nick Diaz. Has. No. Chance.

"الله أكبرl"

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,082  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

12.14.2012 | 7:00 PM ET

Matt Serra.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

Anik
Anik

12.14.2012 | 7:12 PM ET

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

12.14.2012 | 7:12 PM ET

* Edited at 12.14.2012, 7:12 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

doobs45
doobs45
  • Predictions:  5  |  40.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -100

12.14.2012 | 10:43 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Decision  

"a friend is an enemy that u already know." "pain is simply weakness leaving your body". "its like, when im right, i am right, and when i am wrong, i am still right cuz i could've been wrong, but i was right. right?"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

12.14.2012 | 11:50 PM ET

Actually, Nick does have a chance to win.  This is sports.  Anything can happen and often does.  We call them upsets.  But that's not the way to bet or pick.

Serra/GSP wasn't the only shock in the UFC.  Fitch/Hendricks was another.  Hathaway/Sanchez was another.  

But Nick Diaz will not upset GSP.  Not this time, not ever.  His chances are probably under 15%.  

GSP might slip and hit his head and knock himself out.  Or a fly might fly into GSP's eye, blinding him momentarily and Nick might kick him in the head.  But the chances of Nick beating GSP are negliable.  He has less chances than Condit had, and I expect Nick to give GSP less of a challenge.

GSP will fight both safe AND hyper-aggressive.  It will be a terrible night for Nick.  It will be the worst night of his MMA career, and he will require a long time to recover from it.  He will be medically suspended for at least 90 days.  His face will be hard to look at.  He will be cut up horribly.  There Will Be Blood.

But . . . Nick will make well over $1m for this fight to keep him warm at night.

* Edited at 12.14.2012, 11:52 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

12.23.2012 | 9:48 PM ET

WIcked Awesome

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Dela Riva
Dela Riva
  • Predictions:  660  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  405
  • Post Score: 130

12.23.2012 | 9:51 PM ET

Really? I didn't like it at all. It's a short compilation, of footage pretty common, over a snippet from TDKR
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

12.23.2012 | 9:55 PM ET

Diaz has a chance in this fight....Matt Serra proved that 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Anik
Anik

12.23.2012 | 9:59 PM ET

Well that's like saying I have a chance in a fight against GSP...after all Matt Serra did prove that.

"الله أكبرl"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

12.23.2012 | 10:02 PM ET

Absolutely cause you have close to 30 professional fights 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Anik
Anik

12.23.2012 | 10:04 PM ET

Fine. Kenneth Allen has a chance against GSP then 'cause Matt Serra proved that right? Kenneth Allen has over 30 fights, just saying.

"الله أكبرl"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

12.24.2012 | 11:39 AM ET

I like the Diaz bros, but i can't really think of any way Nick can win this fight. GSP isn't going to stand in front of Nick's pitter shatter boxing, he'll move around and use his wrestling. I think this will look a lot like the fight with Condit, except the third round head kick. GSP will take Nick down, use his ground and pound, cut Nick up, and take a 50-45 decision.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

12.24.2012 | 6:23 PM ET

I wonder what the house thinks they both will get for this fight, all told.

I expect that the UFC gives GSP a contract of around $3M per fight, with undisclosed bonuses.  With all his sponsorships and endorsements, I expect GSP will go home with between $4M - $6M for a good night of fighting, as he has said.

I expect that the UFC is giving Nick Diaz a contract of around $500,000. to take the fight.  I suspect there are also undisclosed bonus clauses involved.  And with all HIS sponsorships and endorsements, I expect Nick to walk away with maybe between $1M - $1.5M for a very hard night of getting the hell beaten out of him.  

But Nick will also get a UFC title fight on his resume, which he never had before, to go along with his Strikeforce title.
That UFC title fight on his resume is worth value.  Like Dan Hardy will always be able to say he fought for the UFC WW title.  It confers stature and status on a fighter's resume.

What does the house think?

* Edited at 12.24.2012, 6:28 PM ET *

DelRose
DelRose

12.24.2012 | 7:00 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Least he'll be getting the paycheck he always complains about not getting.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.24.2012 | 7:18 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

To everyone who is saying Diaz has no chance...I ask you this: on paper, who does have a chance against GSP at 170? He's been arguably as dominant as Anderson Silva in title fights. They've thrown every match up at him possible over that time. He's fought and beat dangerous strikers, wrestlers, and makes guys who supposedly have top level grappling look completely outclassed. All that said though, I don't see how you can argue that Diaz has the most technical striking at 170 and probably the most active guard and highest chance of pulling a sub from his back other than a guy like Maia. This is a fight that on paper Nick Diaz has a chance to win standing or on the ground, but as much as I want to see him win (I'm picking him) I honestly don't think he will. I see GSP landing counter punches and that lunging jab at will. I also see him taking Diaz down and slicing through his guard like a hot knife through butter, laying in half guard or side control and punishing Diaz with elbows. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 days, 9 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
blapthorne
blapthorne
  • Predictions:  10,357  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  272
  • Post Score: 63

12.24.2012 | 7:25 PM ET

I think this fight will look a lot like Ben Henderson vs Nate Diaz... without the hair..

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed. - Stephen King"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

12.24.2012 | 7:27 PM ET

@Ct  Exactly.  GSP has achieved a very rare distinction.  He has achieved a distinct, pronounced separation from his peers in WW.  And that is VERY rare.  When that happens, the fights cease to hold the same suspense and intrigue that we are used to.

That is why I wished GSP would move to MW, and finish out his career with a distinctly different segment in MW.
He would find much more interesting and entertaining fights against those who are closer to being as good as he is.

At MW, he might be Top 3, with Silva and Belfort.  It would be so much better for our sport of MMA if GSP and Silva both moved up, after a fight between them, of course.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMAFighting.com : Netflix invests in live sports programming with NFL, WWE, and boxing — is UFC next?
  • MMA Junkie : Nearing 40, Angela Hill confident she can hang with UFC's strawweight new blood
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Wanna Kiss Mike’s Big Juicy Lips’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Islam Makhachev admits he’d ‘be stupid to say no’ to a Conor McGregor fight
  • MMA Mania : Schaub Denies Playing ‘Mind Games’ With Ex Rousey
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series: Paris live and official results (noon ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Bellator Paris Results, Streaming Updates TODAY!
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : Four Medalists Invited To Return For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Jones Laughs Off Aspinall Vs. Blaydes: ‘Number One Contender Spot’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris Results: Mix vs. Magomedov
  • MMA Mania : Predictions! Bellator Paris Full Main Card Preview, Picks
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Things get spicy between Jake Paul, Mike Tyson at Texas news conference
  • MMA Mania : All In! Fury Gambling Legacy And Reputation Against Usyk
  • MMAFighting.com : Aspen Ladd still confused about PFL-Bellator’s plans for women’s featherweight division
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones teases his return in November, fires back at Tom Aspinall and his UFC 304 co-main event