Tapology Forums

More Seagal Coming

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy
  • Predictions:  13,158  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,307
  • Post Score: 144

05.05.2011 | 12:51 PM ET

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask? - BJ Penn"

Responses Page 2

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.05.2011 | 6:32 PM ET

Aikido is small-joint manipulation which UFC wouldn't allow. It would be like a Muay Thia fighter being thrown into a boxing match.
I think Steven Seagal would laugh if the question was brought up to him if he wanted to fight in the UFC and come up with a similar answer.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

05.05.2011 | 6:43 PM ET

@BodyModifier: My statement was actually being made tongue-in-cheek.  :)  In all seriousness though, you are correct.  I don't know the extent of Steven's knowledge, but putting him in the octagon would be like putting some of the one/two dimensional fighters from the early UFC days in the octagon today.  That's putting aside the physical/cardio training he would have to undergo to become a serious competitor. 

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.05.2011 | 6:45 PM ET

I er...Was joking guys :| *puts his Segal/Colture money away and cries in a corner that it will never happen*

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 6:46 PM ET

@Havok. I know he wouldn't be able to to compete in the UFC. It'd be a pointless but it'd create a buzz for sure. Anyone would know he wouldn't do well competing and wouldn't be well rounded. Take away his wrist locks, and techniques he would have nothing to help him. He could counter and use your body energy and use his Aikido as defense, but I don't think he'd fare well against a lot of the mixed martial artists. He says he has trained his own punches and kicks but I don't think it'd cut it.
Anyways it does sound like a cool to have him in MMA but realistically it wouldn't make sense or he would have suggested it and would have followed through. 

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 6:48 PM ET

@Mystical ninja. There are actual people that think he stands a chance now seeing he's been credited a bit for Andersons/Machidas victory. Which is laughable. So this isn't directed to you but anyone in particular curious if he would do well in the Octagon lol.

Jalm
Jalm
  • Predictions:  1,064  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  203
  • Post Score: 155

05.05.2011 | 6:53 PM ET

Everyone is beatable

" I told ya so" !!

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.06.2011 | 1:55 AM ET

i've always wondered who would come out on top in the octagon? steven seagal vs chuck norris vs jcvd. three way fight. whoever wins gets to do an A-list movie again. lol.
WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

05.06.2011 | 3:31 AM ET

As long as he keeps giving us sweet KO's, I have no problem with the guy. I've never seen any of his movies or know anything about him TBH.

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.06.2011 | 9:22 AM ET

@ninja.. lOL.  Seagal vs. Chuck Norris?

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.06.2011 | 10:13 AM ET

Chuck Norris isn't allowed because he has a banned substance inside him called Chuck Norris.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.06.2011 | 10:20 AM ET

@Ninja.. hahaha LOL!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze to Manchester lineup
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page trains with ‘beast’ Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Junkie : Alessandro Costa motivated to see former rival Steve Erceg fight for UFC title
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Poster Drops For ‘Makhachev Vs Poirier’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo's coach predicts brutal knockout over Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Destroyer’ Draws Two-Year Prison Sentence
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: Ilia Topuria 'not going about things the right way' as UFC champion
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Mais Forte que o Mundo’: Is this even a Jose Aldo movie?
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Takes Down UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier During Backstage Scuffle
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Backs Ilia Topuria’s BMF Title Demands for Max Holloway Fight: ‘He’s Right!’
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Who wins Canelo vs Munguia?
  • MMA Junkie : Gilbert Burns would love to rematch Kamaru Usman: 'I was very emotional in that first fight'
  • MMA Mania : Smith Claims UFC Fans Are ‘Stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo explains UFC 301 comeback and MMA future after Jonathan Martinez fight
  • UFC.com : Paul Craig Is Bringing 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' To UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action May 3-4
  • UFC.com : Caio Borralho: “Pressure Is A Privilege”