Tapology Forums

SF July Event to be on Showtime, NOT PPV!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.02.2011 | 10:02 PM ET

This is good news for those of us who have Showtime and are broke & can't afford any more PPV's.  Thank goodness the SF PPV plans are put on hold for now!  I think this is a good thing for the fans.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23465/strikeforce-targets-july-30-for-showtime-broadcast-event.mma

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,570
  • Post Score: 275

05.02.2011 | 10:33 PM ET

Interesting. I'm curious to see what happens here and later in the year. This would be the first Strikeforce event to be scheduled/created with Zuffa influence.

"I live, I die, I live again."

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

05.02.2011 | 10:49 PM ET

This is great news because I wouldn't have paid for it anyway and I don't think many people would.

I think they alienated a lot of WEC fans when they did the PPV and don't want to repeat that mistake again.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.02.2011 | 10:53 PM ET

Was I the only one who still found it weird for a Strikeforce event to be advertised on a UFC PPV?

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the event. The Heavyweight tournement is pretty much a fantastic idea, something Strikeforce should think of doing once a year me thinks (and not just on the Heavyweights either).

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.02.2011 | 10:57 PM ET

hmmm.....i watch ufc on espn here in ireland,does that mean strikeforce will now be on espn....cause if so...i would very much like this... :)

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

05.02.2011 | 11:02 PM ET

I think strikeforce will be a distant memory 5 years from now. But I'm enjoying it while it's here.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.02.2011 | 11:11 PM ET

@jaff.. that is a good question... not sure how to find that out.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘I Hope You Enjoy My Money!’
  • MMA Mania : Is He Back? McGregor Nearly Destroys Sparring Partner
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Hall of Famer Anderson Silva books boxing match with Chael Sonnen on June 15 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva set to box Chael Sonnen in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Bruised’: Does Halle Berry deliver the best MMA fight scene ever?
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Nolan: First UFC win was 'make or break' moment, relieved to overcome mental adversity
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 92
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 adds another fight to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler undercard
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall, Bobby Green all favored to win in UFC 304 opening odds
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Oleksandr Usyk's epic walkout for undisputed boxing title fight vs. Tyson Fury
  • MMA Mania : Usyk Vs. Fury 2 Targeted For Oct. 12
  • MMAFighting.com : Carlos Ulberg wants top opponent after quick finish at UFC St. Louis, eyes Jamahal Hill at UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Kris Moutinho continues regional scene tear with TKO, moves to 4-0 since UFC release
  • MMAFighting.com : Ariane Carnelossi reveals facial injuries following UFC Vegas 92 headbutts, responds to Piera Rodriguez
  • MMA Mania : Silva Vs. Crews Boxing Match Coming This June [Updated]
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 post-event facts: Edson Barboza first to reach double digit Fight of the Night bonuses
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez relieved to snap losing streak with quick KO at UFC Fight Night 241: 'Last year sucked'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dricus du Plessis defends Jake Paul’s hustle: ‘He’s not a sh*t boxer’
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Carnelossi reveals injuries, reacts to headbutt: 'What often differentiates humans from animals are the rules'
  • Middle Easy : Drake Blows $565K After Betting On Tyson Fury To Defeat Oleksandr Usyk In Undisputed Title Fight