Topic: Silva vs. Bonnar

Silva vs. Bonnar

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,583  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

09.12.2012 | 11:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Bonnar. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

09.13.2012 | 4:12 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Silva had a reach deficit when fighting Forrest Griffin
and 3 inches in the scheme of things isnt much of an advantage.

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

09.13.2012 | 4:31 PM ET

@sgtblack and @blathorne i get your points and agree with them. but my point is not that the fight should happen, my point is the audience here in brazil would be HUGE. honestly, i dont think many people know who bonnar is here, so this will be sold as an Anderson Silva fight alone. Generating great ratings, could be very good for the UFC in here as they could land a new deal next year.
arcon
arcon
  • Predictions:  553  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  84
  • Post Score: 142

09.13.2012 | 5:18 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Bonnar   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I know Silva will win, but i am putting Bonner as my pick to get the huge upset award... you know in the even that one of the lights falls on Silva and the ref doesn't see it and so calls it Bonner by KO
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,916  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

09.13.2012 | 5:27 PM ET

Well, Bonnar is a swell guy. His fights are entertaining and leaves it all in the Octagon for the fans. He wanted something big to go out with a bang and now he has it. I'm really happy that he gets this fight because he deserved something like this.

I hope he can take Silva to a decision but I don't think he has a realistic chance of winning the fight at all.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Jmad
Jmad
  • Predictions:  885  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 106

09.13.2012 | 8:21 PM ET

Didn't see this coming. You know, Bonnar was Jones' hardest fight, and he's never been knocked out, can come forward the whole time. I think he'll make it to the late 2nd or maybe even the third. Then he will taste his first knockout. I'm just glad I get to see Silva fight again this year.

"'I'm going to beat you to a living death." -Ken Shamrock on Tito"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

09.13.2012 | 9:56 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Why the house is minimizing Stephan Bonnar is disappointing.  He always brings it.  He was a tough fight for Jon Jones.  Of course, he fought him before he was JON JONES!  

If Stephan can get pyched up and motivated, and persuaded to fight smart instead of gallant, he could be a tough man for Anderson.  I just hope he doesn't throw caution to the wind and rush in and try to brawl.  

If he stays on the outside, and tries to pick Silva apart, or better yet, take Silva down and ground and pound him, he would have excellent chances to upset the world.  More surprising things have happened.  If Serra could upset GSP, if Edgar could upset BJ, if Hendricks could upset Fitch, anything can happen.  This is MMA.  Upsets happen regularly in sports.  

Bottom line, Bonnar should take it to the ground, whatever the difficulty.  If Sonnen could take Silva down, Bonnar is as big as Sonnen, maybe bigger.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

09.13.2012 | 9:58 PM ET

If Stephan comes in motivated considering this could potentially be his last fight, then I guarantee he shuts alot of people up come fight time, win lose or draw. He is gonna turn this into a fight, and a damn good one at that. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

09.13.2012 | 11:45 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Bonnar has a slightly better chance than did Griffin, if only beccause of time and hindsight. Don't see a round three in Bonnar's near future though. He better hope he can TD+LNP for 15 minutes for a miracle.
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.13.2012 | 11:53 PM ET

Bonnar and "lay and pray" does not seem like they go together in the same sentence.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  82,612  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

09.14.2012 | 7:26 AM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

I got this feeling Bonnar is gonna be so motivated and ready for this fight and i doubt he's gonna be full of fear like forrest was when he met silva, but with bonnar's speed we could see silva return to his matrix style skill set.

* Edited at 09.14.2012, 7:26 AM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

09.14.2012 | 8:27 AM ET

War Bonnar.

ICEMAN23
ICEMAN23
  • Predictions:  2,885  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 77

09.14.2012 | 9:41 AM ET

Well Bonnar is a tough guy. But Silva is the toughest guy in the world. Bonnar knows that he cant stand with Silva. Or it will end up just like what happened to Forrest. So if Bonnar has any chance at all hes got to find a way to get him to the ground. But that is easier said then done. Silva will find away around it and catch him slippin and it will b TKO
cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

09.14.2012 | 9:50 AM ET

I honestly don't know what it is going to take to beat Anderson. Everyone say's you just gotta blitz him and get inside and just be relentless about it, but he has amazing counter striking and can basically see into the future. I think someone like Machida could have a good chance at beating him, but we will never get to see that fight.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

HeGotClipped
HeGotClipped
  • Predictions:  1,080  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  90
  • Post Score: 143

09.14.2012 | 11:35 AM ET

i think this fight is going to be a decision, silva will just use flashy striking and bonnar wil try to keep moving forward, they both know its a freakshow fight and will just put on a show. Bonnar ends up bloody and smiling and silva gains fans for the amount of flash he shows
Mayhem14
Mayhem14
  • Predictions:  778  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 77

09.14.2012 | 11:35 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Bonnar   wrong Decision  

Oh my God...this is the most messed up main event in UFC history. The only way Silva finishes is by TKO from a cut. Otherwise, this is just going to be a brutal one sided beating that ends in a 30-27/26 UD for Silva

"I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye." -Bas Rutten

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

09.14.2012 | 11:38 AM ET

for some insane reason I think that this fight will be great. Bonnar has very good striking and a great chin. He is no Anderson but I can see it be great for the short time that they are fighting.

and in the end I see Bonnar standing up and the Brazilians will be applauding his efforts and for giving a good fight.
and he might announce his retirement in the end.

Anderson will make it a show for the fans. Sense it is a month notice, he might not be in the best of shape but still scary to see.

This will be a much better fight that Anderson vs Forrest, this Fight I see Bonnar making it a great show.

This is the true life Rocky story of MMA here and I will be amazed to see what happens.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

09.14.2012 | 1:28 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Stephan Bonnar ‏@StephanBonnar

What!!! I'm only a 13 to 1 underdog vs Anderson? I must be better than I thought

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

09.14.2012 | 2:15 PM ET

I think bonnar has a reasonable chance here.  Hes on a 3 fight streak.  Hes extremely durable. Hes a very large LHW. 

Never liked anderson altho i have always appreciated his skills. Hes very reasonably the favorite, but bonnar could take this.  Im picking bonnar for the award either way.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

09.14.2012 | 5:16 PM ET

LOL Goddam, Bonnar is awesome. 

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

09.14.2012 | 6:09 PM ET

@mike that kind of mindset is what could make this a great fight! Big durable dude with no self preservation mindset vs an incredible striker that has a diverse skillset that is one of the best, if not THE best, we have seen so far in our young sport. 

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!