Topic: dos Santos vs. Velasquez II

Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

08.13.2012 | 3:14 AM ET

Prediction: wrong dos Santos   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

QuickJab92
QuickJab92
  • Predictions:  1,972  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 157

08.13.2012 | 3:14 AM ET

Prediction: wrong dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I see this fight being completely different yet ending the same way and by different I mean Cain going for more TD's and the fight lasting a little longer. JDS via late 1st round KO/TKO with his superior striking.

"When you believe in something and you're a good person...things happen" - Junior dos Santos

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

08.13.2012 | 10:58 AM ET

Prediction: wrong dos Santos   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

i  think cain is going to be more cautious the second time and that will be his downfall
KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

08.13.2012 | 2:13 PM ET

Cain by 2nd round GNP or JDS KO

Prediction: correct Velasquez   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I Don't see Cain standing and trading with JDS again.  Lesson learned in the first fight, take down non-wrestlers.  Everyone raves about JDS's TDD but I haven't seen anyone try to take him down.  Carwin did after he was rocked.  Cain shot once on him half-heartedly.  If Cain puts him on his back he will win, if he stands and trades it's lights out again.

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

08.13.2012 | 2:18 PM ET

Prediction: correct Velasquez   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I will be satisfied if it goes the distance and both good men get a chance to showcase all their skills and no one can say it ended unfairly.  

If both men showcase all their skills and tools, I will be satisfied.  The worse outcome would be if either one lands, gets a knock-down, swarms, and the other can't properly defend from their back wtih the other swarming.

That is always the least satisfying ending of any fight, regardless of whose fighting.  A clean KO where someone is stiff and unconscious is different.  A clean KO if fine.  Like when Hendo knocked Bisping into tomorrow, but Ellenberger vs. Kampmann is not fine.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

08.13.2012 | 2:20 PM ET

Pointless fight

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,023  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

08.13.2012 | 2:24 PM ET

^^ pointless post

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

08.13.2012 | 2:27 PM ET

U think this fight has meaning?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

08.13.2012 | 2:29 PM ET

There really isn't a better option at heavyweight right now than Cain, at least until Overeem comes back.  I think Junior repeats his first performance.
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

08.13.2012 | 2:31 PM ET

I agree this is the best option, I would rather see him wreck Overeem but that will come in time. For now showing that the first fight wasn't a fluke works for me.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

dielegende23
dielegende23

08.13.2012 | 2:34 PM ET

@Beast Yes it has meaning it's for the UFC Heavyweight championchip belt you know. The first fight was over very quick that doesn't mean Cain can't win the rematch.

I think JDS will win again but I think this fight has his right to exist.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

08.14.2012 | 2:28 PM ET

I don't have a problem with Cain getting the rematch.  Who else is going to fight him right now?  JDS will win by first round KO again.  There is no need to prove the knockout was a fluke because it wasn't.  First, JDS has been knocking people out for a while.  Second, Cain has shown he can't take a big shot when it's landed.  Cain has been able to dominate most of the heavyweight division because of superior quickness with his hands/striking and the ability to take the fight down to the ground at will.  However, he fought Cheik Kongo a little while back and won a decision. Kongo tagged him and dropped him three separate times in that fight.  If Kongo had possessed any kind of TDD at the time he would have finished the fight.

Well, JDS will punch Cain in the face again, because he is a superior striker by far (best boxing of any heavyweight); Cain will fall back down again, and JDS will finish him again.  One can talk about how nobody tries to take JDS down. Sure they do, JDS just makes them look foolish and positions himself appropriately to avoid the attempt. Plus, its quite difficult to take somebody down when he punches you in the face every time you get close.  I'm just saying, the man hasn't been taken down in years, (and never in the UFC), that's got to mean something.

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

08.14.2012 | 2:32 PM ET

Is it sad for me to want to see JDS vs Hunt the most out of all the HW fight possibilities. It would be a WAR!

Also has JDS told us yet what round and how he will win the fight? I really would like him to make my pick soon.

* Edited at 08.14.2012, 2:34 PM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

DelRose
DelRose

08.14.2012 | 3:58 PM ET

Have a feeling JDS will repeat what he did.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

08.14.2012 | 5:38 PM ET

@wish: I think JDS vs Hunt would look alot like JDS vs Roy Nelson.  I suppose that would still be entertaining from a brutality standpoint.  We could all marvel at how any man could take such a beating and not go down.
dielegende23
dielegende23

08.14.2012 | 5:47 PM ET

@sgt No, you underestimate Hunto there. He has K-1 level striking. Roy has a mean overhand right but that's it. Hunto would be a interesting fight for JDS, he'd be the favorite of course but it wouldn't be a missmatch in the stand up department at least.

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

08.14.2012 | 6:02 PM ET

@sgtblack
"I'm just saying, the man hasn't been taken down in years, (and never in the UFC), that's got to mean something."

yes it means something and Cain taking down every fighter at will also means something, nothing is set in stone in MMA much less in a hevyweight match and even more in a title HW fight.

whatever happens this probably  will be more entertaining that the first fight.

Also I don´t get why ppl is interested in watching JDS vs Hunt just because Hunt can take a punch better than any other humen doesn´t mean he deserves a title shot, he packs power and an excelent chin, but he´ll probably gas after the first 3 minutes, he is much slower than JDS and has shorter reach, and he doesn´t have great skills, he has already fought against top HW´s and lost every fight,  there´s just the matter of knowing if JDS can finish him or not, but at this point in their carrers there´s no reason at all for them to fight each other, and I don´t think it will ever be.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

dielegende23
dielegende23

08.14.2012 | 6:22 PM ET

@legacy Hunt lost all of his fights via submission except the one against Manhoef. Where he ran in Melvin's punch like a crazy person. JDS might take him down to do the same but Hunt's TDD improved over the years and JDS most likely will stand with him since he believes in his boxing.

Hunt's stand up is better than almost everybody in the heavyweight division. It's clearly better than Roy's and I dare say it might be better than Cain's.

I'd like to see this fight, and I hope Hunt keeps winning so this can happen...

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

08.14.2012 | 6:31 PM ET

@dielegende I don´t have anything agains Hunt I´ve liked him since Pride and K-1 he has some amazing fights, but now he is older, slower and has a smaller gas tank, and he may have a great stand up but maybe 50% of that great stand up is because of his power and his abillity to take a punch, and even so his TDD has improved (I know it has) is not a great TDD, I´m just saying I don´t think that Hunt  has a champion level skills overall, and against an oppnioent like JDS who is younger, faster, has more stamina, and also packs a punch and with great striking skills, Hunt doesn´t stand much of a chance and I just don´t see any real reason for them to fight other than to find out if JDS will KO him or get the U.D.

* Edited at 08.14.2012, 6:32 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

dielegende23
dielegende23

08.14.2012 | 6:49 PM ET

Well I see your points and they are valid but I'd give Hunt more chances against JDS than Frank Mir for example. He made Kongo look like an amateur strike recently (who dropped Cain a few times)

Hunt might not be on an all around champion level but he has chances because of his stand up. Because styles make fights. It wouldn't be a missmatch like you make it sound like it would.

That's all I'm saying

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

08.14.2012 | 6:52 PM ET

Well I agree with you, Hunt does have better chances than Mir even if Mir is better ranked, like I said before tihs is MMA and nothing is set in stone and as long as Hunt is standing he´ll have a chance (even if is a very small one)

I dunno if 10 strikes are enough to say he make him look like an amateur but it was a good KO

* Edited at 08.14.2012, 6:53 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’