Tapology Forums

Jon Fitch Appreciation Club

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

08.01.2012 | 9:50 PM ET

I just requested permission from Gregory to start this thread.  It is intended as a sanctuary and refuge of Jon Fitch supporters.  We need a safe, protected place to talk among ourselves without disruption from his critics.

I ask sincerely that only those who like Jon Fitch, consider him a great fighter to participate.  There is no need here for arguing, fighting, controversy or unnecessary problems.

So far, I have been able to identify a few members who seem to like Jon.  They include but are not limited to:

Bill Burgess, AnikM, AnAlias, Kimuraprime, Swickotine, RockZ, MrAndrew, Russello, skeet2b, p4pgoat, 

Other members that said kind things about Jon included, ProdigyKid14, StickmanAndrw, MadMikeXD, JamieHill,

Do any others wish to declare themselves a Jon Fitch supporter?  That does NOT necessarily mean you think he will beat Erick Silva or a given fighter in particular.  It means you have very high regards for his skills, consider him a great fighter, like him and do not mind watching his fights.

I would sincerely appreciate any others to step up and declare themselves, if you would.  Please, let's keep this clean and without silly crap marring an innocent thread.  This thread is started with permission.

* Edited at 08.01.2012, 10:04 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

08.01.2012 | 9:52 PM ET

War Fitch, *****.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

08.01.2012 | 9:54 PM ET

Horay, Anik!  Always SO relieved to have you arrive!!!  You are Michael the Archangel of Tapology.

You should use an Archangel as your avatar.  Completely appropriate!

* Edited at 08.01.2012, 9:56 PM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.01.2012 | 9:57 PM ET

Tad of an over statement :). I appreciate all Fitch has done & all the wins he has been able to accrue.. I will say that.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Anik
Anik

08.01.2012 | 10:05 PM ET

@Bill Burgess I don't know what that is but I will assume that it's great, thank you Bill.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

08.01.2012 | 10:07 PM ET

I will not put any words into anyone's mouth.  Are you a member, Kalibo.  Only you have a feeling if you like him or admire him or anything.  It's your decision.  

You do not have to root for him in a given fight, but if you don't like him or hope he loses most of the time, you probably aren't.  

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.01.2012 | 10:08 PM ET

Any other thoughts on your boy Fitch @Anik? This is your thread of solitude.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

08.01.2012 | 10:09 PM ET

Archangels are one of the highest lifeforms that God has created.  Michael was a warrior Archangel.  Google it.  You will like what you find.

Anik
Anik

08.01.2012 | 10:12 PM ET

@Bill Burgess I'm not a very religious person but I will definitely look it up right...later. Thank you for the compliments my friend.

@Kalibo I think Jon Fitch is one of the greatest fighters of all-time. He's the greatest UFC fighter to never win a title, he's one of the greatest wrestlers ever and he's a solid human being too. I love Jon Fitch. I think his loss to Hendricks was either a) a fluke or b) result of his new vegan diet that he's started since the BJ fight. Either way, he's still one of the greatest fighters ever and we should all be happy to have been blessed to watch the man do what he does for a living.

"الله أكبرl"

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.01.2012 | 10:16 PM ET

I agree that he is one of the greatest fighters to never win a title... in any org.  That KO loss to Hendricks screwed him out of another shot.  He isnt' too entertaining to the common fan, but he is very effective.  He isn't one of my favorite fighters, but I do appreciate and respect his accomplishments. 

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

08.01.2012 | 10:24 PM ET

Not to start the Fitch hate or anything but I lost respect for Fitch after his quip to Koscheck's comments.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

08.01.2012 | 10:25 PM ET

With all this talk about "sanctuary", "support" and "safe, protected place", I feel like Fitch is an endangered species lol.
Anyway, I thought I'd open up with facts: Fitch...
is the only person to defeat Thiago Alves twice.
is the only person to have ever knocked out Alves
was the first person to finish Fioravanti
is the only person to have knocked out Surdyukov (who later faced Luis Santos, Alessio, and Hendricks)
was the first to beat Larson (who was 15-0)
was the first to submit Cardeiro (who submitted to A. Silva, though by strikes)
was the second to beat Sanchez (who was 17-1 and had only lost to Kos)
was the first to beat Paulo Thiago (who had just knocked out Kos)
was the first to go 5 rounds with GSP
had gone over 9 years without being knocked out before the Hendricks fight
had amassed one of the UFC"s longest unbeaten streaks, at 8 fights

* Edited at 08.01.2012, 10:28 PM ET *

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

Anik
Anik

08.01.2012 | 10:34 PM ET

That's what I'm talking about. Stats I could look at and be like, that's right.

People who think Hendricks would beat Fitch in a rematch and prove that the first match wasn't a fluke, I present to you this bit of fact; I, along with many others, believe that Koscheck actually beat Hendricks in their fight. The two people who have caused Hendricks the most problems are Josh Koscheck and Rick Story, two wrestlers who used their grappling game to take it to Hendricks. Considering that Jon Fitch is a better MMA wrestler than the both of them and a more effective wrestler in the UFC, why would the result between them be anything other than a Fitch W?

Jon Fitch is the ****.

"الله أكبرl"

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.01.2012 | 10:43 PM ET

I would personally love to see that rematch.

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

08.01.2012 | 10:46 PM ET

A rematch like that is probably in my top 5 most desired ones, I think Fitch would do better obviously but think it would be interesting if Hendricks comes out more aggressively, and I want to see how their wrestling collides. I also want to see how Fitch would strategize on the feet.

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.01.2012 | 10:50 PM ET

He coudln't do worse..lol.  I think Fitch does beat Hendricks in a rematch. 

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

08.03.2012 | 1:31 AM ET

Is that it?  Anyone else wish to join this club?  Respectfully soliciting members for our club.

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,295  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

08.03.2012 | 1:50 AM ET

ive always been a fitch fan his grappling is amazing!

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

08.03.2012 | 1:53 AM ET

i never ever thought i would see a jon fitch appreciation thread/club. personally, i don't like him, but to each his own. dude has phenomenal  wrestling and cardio. i think eventually he'll get another title shot.

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,844  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

08.03.2012 | 5:31 AM ET

You are aware of course that as per most sources at least, Jon Fitch held the #2 ranking in the UFC at welterweight for 3 years and 8 months - from April 2008 when George St-Pierre won his rematch over Matt Serra (whereupon Serra announced that he was moving down to lightweight, removing him from consideration for a welterweight ranking) until December 2011 when Fitch of course lost to Johny Hendricks.

This is a "record" that is never likely to be broken; and much to his credit, Jon Fitch seemed to be proud of this - something very few in his position would have been in this day and age.

That alone makes Jon Fitch worth praising.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.03.2012 | 5:38 AM ET

bill, you have convinced me to be a part of the club. your very persuasive. : ~ }

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’