Tapology Forums

UFC History

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mmamental
mmamental
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  88
  • Post Score: 25

07.31.2012 | 11:01 AM ET

I do a weekly blog reviewing the history of the UFC starting with UFC 1 and working through them. I have a had a pretty good responce, I would like to see what you guys think.

UFC 1 The Beginning

I am starting a new blog where I will write about an old UFC event starting with UFC 1 and working through them in chronological order.

I will give you a breakdown of the event, highlighting the most exciting part of the events, and where relevant a little bit of background history. I will also award my own UFC style bonuses for KOTN, SOTN, FOTN and fighter, this will just be my own opinion.

Ok, so UFC 1 was and 8 man 1 night tournament, looking to put style against style, we had Kick boxers, BJJ, a boxer, a Sumo wrestler, Karate. Who had the best style? There was a meeting before the event to discuss rules, and the only things not allowed were biting and eye gouging, anything else goes.

The night started with Dutch Savate fighter Gerard Gordeau taking on the largest fighter, Sumo wrestler Telia Tuli, this was the first time we saw a striker take on a grappler. The fight lasted approx 30 seconds and was quite brutal, Tulia charged Gordeau, took some punches, fell forward on to the floor, as he tried to get up Gordeau shin kicked him across his face knocking some of his teeth into the front row. This set a standard for how real this was going to be.

http://www.mmamental.com/?q=node/39

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Tatsuro Taira Trips Up Alex Perez For Knee Injury TKO – UFC Vegas 93 Results (Results)
  • Middle Easy : Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis Overcomes Slow Start, KO’s Frank Martin in Round 8 – Davis vs. Martin Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Man is a killer’: Pros react to Gervonta Davis’ brutal knockout of Frank Martin
  • MMAFighting.com : Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis flattens Frank Martin with brutal knockout in 8th round 
  • Bad Left Hook : UPSET! Liam Paro wins unanimous decision over Subriel Matias to claim IBF title
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! ‘Tank’ Backflips Off Ropes After Monstrous KO
  • MMAFighting.com : Gervonta Davis vs. Frank Martin full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen fight to a draw in lackluster boxing exhibition
  • MMA Mania : Silva Vs. Sonnen 3 Highlights, Twitter Reaction
  • Bad Left Hook : Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis knocks out Frank Martin in eighth round: Highlights
  • Middle Easy : Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen Fight to a Draw in Lackluster Boxing Bout – Silva vs. Sonnen Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen fight to draw in bizarre boxing exhibition
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 video: Brady Hiestand slaps on tight choke for comeback third-round finish
  • MMAFighting.com : David Benavidez cruises to lopsided victory over Oleksandr Gvozdyk in light heavyweight debut
  • Bad Left Hook : David Benavidez wins 175 lb debut against Oleksandr Gvozdyk: Highlights
  • Bad Left Hook : Tank Davis vs Frank Martin: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Bellator champ Cris Cyborg scores KO in latest boxing match
  • MMA Mania : KO Alert! Cyborg Delivers Brutal Punch In Boxing Beatdown
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 video: Hear from each winner, guest fighters backstage