Topic: Lauzon vs. Varner

Lauzon vs. Varner

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,924  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,729
  • Post Score: 60

07.09.2012 | 12:08 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Lauzon vs. Varner. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.03.2012 | 9:54 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Varner   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@wish. whats funny about that picture is mir is not 6 foot three either. i walked right by him once at the pearl at the palms when he was doing some commentating for WEC event and he is  6 feet 2 inches at most. he is large but not as tall as they say. he had his "Suffer" shirt on too. might have been first time b/c it was a cool shirt and i believe it was being sold at the WEC event for the first time.

* Edited at 08.03.2012, 9:57 PM ET *

anthonyswofford
anthonyswofford
  • Predictions:  9  |  44.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: -40

08.04.2012 | 2:43 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Varner   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Jamie Varner over J-Lau in this one, i think Jamie's gonna come out real confident with his striking and succesfully keep it off the ground and probably catch him in the first
DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

08.04.2012 | 1:59 PM ET

Prediction: correct Lauzon   correct Submission   wrong Round 1  

Varner knocks off an overhyped chap and he's all of a sudden back? Nah, First Round Lauzon is taking a limb home with him tonight.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

08.04.2012 | 2:26 PM ET

exactly, Barboza's hype was way too big. Varner's legit but he's not good enough to beat Lauzon...unless he gets past the 1st.

"الله أكبرl"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  40,574  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

08.04.2012 | 2:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct Lauzon   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

one my all time fav against a guy i just love to watch so pumped for this but to go with my guy go lauzon

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.04.2012 | 2:30 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Varner   wrong Decision  

Gosh.. I think you guys are over-rated Joe.  Varner can bully him to a UD imo.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,457  |  72.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

08.04.2012 | 2:35 PM ET

Hard fight to pick, when in doubt I go with the guy I like more....war J-Lau !!!

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

gunn4206
gunn4206

08.04.2012 | 2:36 PM ET

haha @dielengend thats what im doin when in doubt go for your fav of the 2

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

08.04.2012 | 2:36 PM ET

Varner CAN bully him to a UD, no doubt about it. It'd be a 29-28 decision with the first round going to Lauzon though, that 1st round is Lauzon's no matter what. It's the question of whether Varner can withstand round 1 Lauzon and then destroy him in rounds 2 and 3.

"الله أكبرl"

gunn4206
gunn4206

08.04.2012 | 2:39 PM ET

i think if varner trys to go all crazy like he did with barbosa joe with catch him either with jab comin in  n rock him

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

08.05.2012 | 3:32 AM ET

Just watched it--perfect fight for FOX

Reminiscent of Pettis vs Roller, only better. Can't say I've ever seen 2 guys who wanted it more. Dana should guarantee both of them job security for as long as they wish to keep fighting. My life is more complete having seen this fight.

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

Jmad
Jmad
  • Predictions:  885  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 106

08.05.2012 | 3:48 AM ET

I'm very surprised by all these Varner predictions.. Lauzon is a badass, I think everyone kind of got too high on Varner after the Barboza win. But remember him getting beasted by Bendo and Cerrone and more recently losing to Dakota Cochrane, he didn't even make it on TUF. And Joe just beat Guillard. Anyways, I'm not hating I like Varner but I never thought he could beat J-Lau.

"'I'm going to beat you to a living death." -Ken Shamrock on Tito"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

08.05.2012 | 3:57 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Varner   wrong Decision  

Uhhhhhhhhhh....It was an even fight. Varner was actually winning the third until the took it down which caused him to get subbed (off the top of my head) and he had won the first, almost KOing Lauzon that round. Varner made a mistake and he paid for it, but don't make it seem like he was the worse opponent. It was an equal battle where both guys trying to push their entire bodies to their limits to win. Saying that Varner lost doesn't tell the whole story.

* Edited at 08.05.2012, 5:16 AM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,589  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.05.2012 | 6:25 AM ET

@WishIsHere ... Varner wasn't winning the 3rd ...

Lauzon was doing exactly what he did in the previous rounds, let Varner tire himself out and then unload on him ...

Lauzon is a bonus machine!!!! He looked great, even when he got caught, he moved straight into submissions, his sweeps were amazing, making the stronger and better wrestler Varner look like a little girl...

Varner's striking looked good while his cardio was there, but that's about all he had and even then, Lauzon stood toe-to-toe with him on the feet and was in his face the whole fight ...

Varner definitely was the lesser opponent throughout the whole fight, even though he did get a few good punches in and dropped him a couple of times ... I think that the "Fight of the Night" bonus already implies that "Saying that Varner lost doesn't tell the whole story", so don't worry, no one's saying Varner's a *****, but he definitely WAS over-matched ... On the other hand he did take the fight on short notice so we can give him that, can't we? :))) 

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

inspektor_voss
inspektor_voss
  • Predictions:  31,468  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  407
  • Post Score: 230

08.05.2012 | 6:32 AM ET

"Dogs cannot accumulate sausages."

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

08.05.2012 | 7:12 AM ET

That was most definitely my favorite fight of the night.

@Wish: Lauzon was winning the first round until Varner dropped him. Lauzon won the second round without a doubt, and he was winning the third round before the sub.  Varner looked decent, but he was gassing early.  He threw some excellent combinations, but Lauzon was blocking the majority of them.  Lauzon did a great job of countering in the fight, and he controlled the center of the octogan for the most part, even when Varner was throwing his combinations.  If you check the compu strike for the fight you'll see Lauzon out landed him in total punches.  Although, Varner did a great job landing body shots, he just wasn't able to keep up the pace needed to make them count.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,461  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

08.05.2012 | 12:00 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Varner   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Never been so happy to pick incorrectly in my life! Lauzon is one of my favorites and tbh I dont know whhy I picked against him! That is the best Lauzon has looked in the UFC (IMO)

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

08.05.2012 | 12:09 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Varner   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

It was a great fight between two of my faves, but I just can't imagine why Varner went for any TDs, it doesn't make sense. On the feet he could win that fight, and was, which was impressive considering the late notice/sub par cardio. I know I'm not the one in the cage, but then again, I'm not the one in the cage. When you've rocked your opponent several times on the feet and he tries to sub you every time you take him down, it seems like a no-brainer; even if Varner was very tired, he was still outstriking Lauzon and doing more damage.

Regardless, just one more reason to be a fan of both. 

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

08.05.2012 | 12:13 PM ET

impressive win by one of my favorite guys.
i dont like how much he covered tough, against a kicker or kneer he would be KO'd by doing that.
MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

08.05.2012 | 12:13 PM ET

Guys Varner broke his hand in round 2.His corner told him to shoot.His big weapon standing got taken away.Shooting was not a big mistake.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva says knockouts weren’t allowed in Chael Sonnen boxing exhibition
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 post-event facts: Prelim fighter scores ultra-rare finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen full fight video for boxing match
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Drinks Away His Disappointment Over UFC 303 Main Event Cancellation; Conor McGregor Gives Update On Injury
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Offers New Deodorant To ‘Smelly Boy’ Merab
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 5: Make your predictions for light heavyweights and lightweights in Salt Lake City
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia fight card official with new lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen objects to boxing draw vs. Anderson Silva: 'I won the first three rounds'
  • MMA Mania : Video! Perez Stretchered Out Of UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Rafael dos Anjos gets revenge 8 years later by mocking Conor McGregor dropping out of UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Cris Cyborg Scores Another KO Win In Boxing Match, Takes Dig At Claressa Shields
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira hopes to get title shot vs. Alexandre Pantoja in 2024, become first Japanese UFC champion
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Shut Me Up,’ Canelo
  • MMAFighting.com : New video shows exact moment Alex Pereira saved UFC 303 after Conor McGregor’s injury
  • MMA Junkie : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen boxing exhibition: Best photos
  • Middle Easy : Caleb Plant Splashes Beer At Ryan Garcia’s Face At Tank Davis vs. Frank Martin Fight, Sends Message To ‘King Ry’
  • MMA Junkie : Cris Cyborg: Money has to be 'right' to face Claressa Shields in boxing
  • MMAFighting.com : Gervonta Davis reveals post-fight conversation with Ryan Garcia: ‘I’ll kick his ass again’
  • MMA Junkie : How to watch PFL 2024, Week 5: Who's fighting, lineup, start time, broadcast info
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 93, The Morning After: Begging And Pleading For No More Apex