Topic: Rousey vs. Kaufman

Rousey vs. Kaufman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,902  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,718
  • Post Score: 60

07.07.2012 | 3:39 PM ET

Prediction: correct Rousey   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Rousey vs. Kaufman. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,461  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

08.17.2012 | 10:34 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kaufman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Nothing but a female Lesnar, she rose to the top just like him and now its time for her to fall just like him. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

08.17.2012 | 10:37 AM ET

Prediction: correct Rousey   correct Submission   correct Round 1  

you're a ****** up human LOL

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

08.17.2012 | 10:40 AM ET

Why? Because she's won a couple fights via armbar (1 of those being a LEGIT WMMA fighter in Tate) she's all of a sudden this phenomenal force in WMMA? It doesn't make much sense to me, Kaufman is experienced and has showed good strength and wrestling in the past which means she can most likely avoid the take downs from 1 trick pony Rousey, then what? When Kaufman wins I would like a short apology based on the fact you hurt my feelings. 

blackpanther
blackpanther

08.17.2012 | 10:43 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kaufman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I agree.

"Anik just might blow this place up when he gets angry again."

Anik
Anik

08.17.2012 | 10:46 AM ET

@MikeLovesTacos XD no need, I'll apologize now.

I just get this vibe from your posts that you want Rousey to hit rock bottom. That's all.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

08.17.2012 | 10:48 AM ET

I don't get how people don't realize half of Rouseys fame is due to her looks, its unfortunate. Watch, if Kaufman wins the belt she will be a more dangerous, more skilled and more well rounded champion than Rousey was yet she won't get this much attention from media, she won't get the respect, it will still be all about Rousy because she isn't attractive. And its a complete joke.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

08.17.2012 | 10:49 AM ET

No I don't want Rousey to hit rock bottom, if she can beat Kaufman then ****, I was completely wrong and shes more legit than I thought, I just don't get the hype yet. The odds are ridiculous considering shes facing someone like Kaufman. 

Anik
Anik

08.17.2012 | 10:51 AM ET

is it me or do people always try to make it sound like kaufman's hideous? she's an alright looking girl. she's got great TDD and even better striking, she could seriously **** up Rousey. Tate's punches ****** up Rousey and Tate's striking isn't anywhere NEAR Kaufman's.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

08.17.2012 | 10:53 AM ET

I get that vibe too, I don't find Kaufman hideous but alot of people do. I think this is much closer fight than anyone is thinking it will be.

Anik
Anik

08.17.2012 | 10:55 AM ET

the line's at -620 Rousey +460 Kaufman but this fight should be more like -210 Rousey +170 Kaufman.

Kaufman's cute, why do people find her so ugly? She's definitely better looking than ******* Cyborg.

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

08.17.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

My butthole is better looking than Cyborg. 

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  247,634  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

08.17.2012 | 11:04 AM ET

That's probably true...

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

08.17.2012 | 11:04 AM ET

That was a stupid comment she made. I'm a Rousey vaghugger but look at the facts mmown pointed out, it would appear she is ducking. On the other hand, I saw Rousey say a catchweight at 140 wouldn't fly either because she thinks Cyborg would just come in heavy.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

08.17.2012 | 11:06 AM ET

I don't know about that Mike, I'm sure your butthole has taken much more of a pounding than Cyborg.

Anik
Anik

08.17.2012 | 11:08 AM ET

don't mind sparky guys, i think he's on his period or something.

"الله أكبرl"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,444  |  72.1%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

08.17.2012 | 11:14 AM ET

@Mike @Messiah  both comments are inappropriate probably but ****, I laughed at both of them hahaha...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Anik
Anik

08.17.2012 | 11:45 AM ET

so did i.

"الله أكبرl"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

08.17.2012 | 11:57 AM ET

I agree that this fight is a lot closer than the betting line shows, and in fact, I actually think that Kaufman should be the favorite coming into this fight because of her experience, striking, and size. IMO, this fight is reminiscent of Gina Carano vs. Cyborg. Carano got the attention she got because she was good looking and could somewhat kick ass, but when she fought someone that was not only a legitemate MMA fighter, but someone the same size, she got demolished. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to Rousey, in fact, I'm hoping that Rousey wins to prove once and for all that she is a legitemate WMMA fighter, and not just a good looking, overhyped, overrated fighter that is marketable simply because of her looks, but only this fight will prove it one way or another.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

08.17.2012 | 12:12 PM ET

@Messiah ... that was some funny ****, LOOOL! 

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

08.17.2012 | 12:59 PM ET

10-Point Breakdown

1. Mental Edge/Confidence/Gameplan - The big question here is, who really inside who's head? Is Ronda Rousey an overrated, overhyped, easily marketable one-trick pony who has yet to face a WMMA fighter of any true worth, or is she truly a confident, true-to-heart WMMA fighter that has just come into her own very quickly? Has Sarah Kaufman put her only defeat behind her and ready to give Rousey all that she can handle, or is she just a jealous, vindictive fighter that dominated in WMMA at a time when there wasn't too much great competition who's looking for her 15 minutes of fame? Both fighters are extremely confident in their respective abilities, and believe that each will have their own hand raised at the end of the fight. When it comes to gameplan, I think it's safe to say we know each fighter's respective gameplan. The question is, who can carry out and execute their gameplan? Kaufman has one loss due to a mistake, but prior to being submitted by Marloes Coenen, Kaufman was executing a relatively flawless gameplan. Rousey thus far has been flawless in all of her fights. 5 pro fights with 5 1st round submissions. With all this in mind, I'm going to call this category even. Rousey - 10/10, Kaufman - 10/10

2. Experience/Level Of Opposition - Rousey only has 5 pro fights, while Kaufman has 16. Rousey's toughest opponent to date is Meisha Tate. Many have felt that Kaufman's toughest opponents to date are Marlos Coenen and Meisha Tate, but I think that 2 wins over Alexis Davis and a win over Takayo Hashi along with a few others makes for a pretty impressive resume. With that all said, I think it's safe to say that Kaufman takes the cake here pretty dominately. Rousey - 6/10, Kaufman - 9/10

3. Heart/Determination To Win - With 5 first round finishes, Rousey has yet to be truly tested in this area. You've got to give her something for Determination to Win, but she has yet to overcome adversity, or come from behind to win a fight at all costs. This fight might be a true test for that for her. Kaufman has shown in many fights that she has very strong will to win, and in her fight with Roxanne Modeffari, she showed a never quit heart of a champion. At this point, I have to give the edge to Kaufman, but it's seriously open to interpretation, and we could see who really has the true heart of a champion in this fight. Rousey - 7/10, Kaufman - 8/10 

4. Stamina/Cardio - Rousey has not been outside of the first round, while Kaufman has seen the distance 5 times. 1 of those was a 5 round fight, and Kaufman has shown that she has pretty good cardio. If this fight were to play in anybody's hands the longer the fight goes on, I would have to give it to Sarah Kaufman. Rousey - 8/10, Kaufman - 10/10

5. Endurance/Toughness - The only fighter that I can think of that is tougher and can take a better punch than Sarah Kaufman is Christiane "Cyborg" Santos. I don't think, I've ever seen Kaufman rocked in a fight. Once again unfortunately for Rousey, she has yet to be really tested in this area. I have to give the edge to Kaufman. Rousey - 8/10, Kaufman - 10/10

6. Overall Striking - Sarah Kaufman has 10 wins via KO/TKO, if that doesn't tell who has the striking advantage here, then I don't know what does. Rousey is still pretty much a novice on the feet, but she is improving with each fight. Rousey - 7/10, Kaufman - 10/10

7. Overall Wrestling/Grappling - Rousey has a very decorated and accomplished Judo/BJJ background, but Kaufman has dangerous slams and a very good takedown defense. The question here is, who would I see winning the fight based on grappling and wrestling alone? I would have the give the edge to Rhonda Rousey. Rousey - 10/10, Kaufman - 9/10

8. Overall Submissions/BJJ - Rousey with 5 wins by 1st round submission compared to Kaufman's 0 wins and 1 loss by submission, and not only by submission, but by the same submission that is Rousey's favorite submission, the armbar, I think it's safe to say that Rousey has the definative edge in this area as well. Rousey - 10/10, Kaufman - 7/10

9. Strength/Size - Ronda Rousey is an inch taller than Sarah Kaufman, and by physic alone, I think that Rousey would seem like the stronger of the two fighters, but after watching what Kaufman did to Roxanne Modafferi, I think that Kaufman has just as much power as Rousey, if not more. Adding everything up in my head, I might have to call this area even, but this area is another one that is open to interpretation. I mean hell, not all women are Cyborg. At 145 both women cut weight and have good strength. Rousey - 9/10, Kaufman - 9/10 

10. Speed/Athleticism - Rousey's can come quickly, and out of nowhere. I think that Rousey showed just how quick she could be in her fight with Meisha Tate. I give a slight edge to Rousey in this area here. Rousey - 9/10, Kaufman - 8/10

Overall Score = "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey - 84/100, Sarah Kaufman - 90/100

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Adam Fugitt vs. Josh Quinlan prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 58
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Issues First Statement Since UFC 303 Withdrawal
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor details 'very tough' UFC 303 injury withdrawal, 'confident' in future return
  • MMA Mania : Chandler Drinks Away UFC 303 Sorrows
  • MMA Junkie : Asu Almabaev vs. Jose Johnson prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 58
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor releases first statement after injury withdrawal from Michael Chandler fight at UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : Chael Sonnen vows Anderson Silva is a warmup for Jorge Masvidal boxing match: ‘He did call me out and I do accept’
  • MMA Junkie : Lucas Almeida vs. Timmy Cuamba prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 58
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Details Why He Saved UFC 303, Plans To ‘Rest A Little’ And Fight Again Before Year Ends; Dana White Breaks Silence On Conor McGregor’s Situation
  • MMAFighting.com : Gervonta Davis vs. Frank Martin live stream online
  • MMA Mania : Perez Vs. Taira Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : Garrett Armfield vs. Brady Hiestand prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 58
  • MMA Junkie : Miles Johns vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 58
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 93 Start time, Full Fight Card Details!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 predictions: Alex Perez or Tatsuro Taira in Las Vegas?
  • MMA Mania : Official Davis Vs. Martin Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker vs. Ikram Aliskerov: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC on ABC 6 headliner
  • MMA Mania : Betting Odds Drop For Revamped UFC 303 PPV Card
  • MMA Junkie : Adam Fugitt thinks UFC on ESPN 58 fight with Quinlan is 'winner stays, loser goes home'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 play-by-play and live results (7:30 p.m. ET)