Tapology Forums

Post UFC 128 & UFN 24 matchups

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.28.2011 | 9:51 AM ET

Just got through with my new rankings and i see all kinds of intriguing matchups i'd love to see after the last couple UFC events. Everyone is talking Phil Davis vs Griffin or another high caliber opponent. I don't think it's fair to feed Phil Davis to the wolves yet, lets face it - he's no where near the level of Jon Jones was at this stage of their careers. Why not feed him Stephan Bonnar? They both have very respectable win streaks and for the winner it puts them in the Top 10. I also though Matt Hammil was interesting, but he's talked his way into a fight with Rampage. Bader would've made if he wasn't coming off a loss as well.

Brendan Schaub vs Matt Mitrione - another great TUF matchup and both fighters have been destroying opponents as well. I'd love to see this fight!

Nate Marquardt vs Mark Munoz - Munoz has great wrestling and ppushes the fight with everyone. It would also give him a higher profile fight and be a testament to how far his striking has come under the tuteledge of the Blackhouse training he receives.

Tibau vs Barboza - Barboza was rumored to almost pull out of his fight with Njokuwani, why not give him a chance to showcase his TDD and put on a strik8ing clinic with Tibau - winner gets a top 10 opponent.

Erich Koch vs Chad Mendes - Winner gets the next title shot and keeps both fighters busy while awaiting a title defense from Jose Aldo.

Responses

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.28.2011 | 12:54 PM ET

Agree with all of them except maybe mendes title shot asap.
Pyle Vs Ebersole Almeida Vs Serra Pellegrino Vs Njokuani Miller Vs Sherk Shalorus Vs Oliveira Shogun Vs Thiago
How about them for a few matchups?

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

03.28.2011 | 1:01 PM ET

Thats just 128 ... from UFN 24 i think  McCray Vs Hardy (Loser gets cut and it wont be Hardy.) Hathaway Vs Lytle/Sadollah Semerzier Vs Jung Garcia Vs Assuncao/Caceres Lil Nog Vs Brandon Vera

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

bklettke
bklettke

03.28.2011 | 1:19 PM ET

I'd like to see Pyle/Ebersole, but i think Pyle's worthy of a bigger named opponent. I took a huge risk picking against him and he proved me wrong again and cost me a perfect 128. Almeida/Serra probably will never happen being they are both Renzo Gracie trained.... I think Jim Miller deserves a title shot but a Sherk fight would keep him busy, which is what he wants to do. McKray would be a great fight for Hardy to get a little confidence back too. Soo many interesting fights, so little time - my mind is racing....
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.28.2011 | 1:48 PM ET

I thought of doing this exact post...you just beat me to it, it appears!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

03.28.2011 | 2:00 PM ET

i think both davis vs. griffin, and davis vs. bonnar, would be great matchups.

most people might not put bonnar in the class to deserve a fight against davis, but in my mind it would work well. bonnar is a big guy, bigger than davis, has excellent reach, and has more versatile striking than little nog did. he has the gas to go the whole way and made it the distance against jones. i also think he has better takedown defense than forrest. of course, if i'm i'm wrong and davis steamrolls bonnar than the advantage is davis beats a fighter that has higher name recognition than anyone davis has faced to date -- bonnar is still a very famous guy on the greater american mma landscape.

schaub vs. mitrione also seems like a perfect fight that a number of people have called for.

marquardt vs. munoz really depends on what weight marquardt wants to fight at next.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.28.2011 | 2:02 PM ET

KZ vs Mongolian wolf,Hardy vs Riddle,Sadollah vs John Howard,Lentz vs Tibau,Russow vs Mitrione,Morecraft vs Beltran,Davis vs Bonnar,Lil Nog vs Vera,Marquardt vs Belfort,Sonnen vs Bisping,Dolloway vs Simpson,Noke vs Dan Miller,Dong hyun kim vs Paulo Thiago AND Sherk vs Miller which i realise has already been said but i think its a very good idea :) all of what ive just said could be insanely horrible ideas but ah well.....haha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

03.28.2011 | 2:37 PM ET

Kind of excited for Forrest vs Davis..

And Korean Zombie vs Mongolian Wolf

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

03.28.2011 | 3:01 PM ET

I say Florian Vs. Jung instead of nunes. Lil nog vs Franklin. Davis Vs. Griffin or Thiago Silva,Shogun Vs Rampage II Barboza vs Diaz.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

03.28.2011 | 3:03 PM ET

@bklettke ... Oh ya sorry forgot bout Serra Almeida thing.

bklettke
bklettke

03.28.2011 | 3:05 PM ET

The war of the great nicknames, wolves, zombies, *** who wins.... LOL - I agree with you @jeremy - i think bonnar is a perfect test. More versatile striking, probably a little quicker, good TDD, and he's an animal. He'll put Phil Davis's cardio to the ultimate test and i have no doubt he'd make it an all out war. I think Forrest is a little too much for him at this point in his career though. I just realized Munoz is now fighting Maia as well.

A big question i'd like to unravel is whether or not Marquardt's talk about moving down to 170 has anything to do with the Rashad/Jones fight and the Team Jackson/Grudge gym split. I don't think the gyms are exactly split at this point in time, but Marquardt moving to 170 could be the icing on the cake.

@TacomaTerror - its a great match but i think Tibau/Lentz could contend for one of the most boring fights in MMA history.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

03.28.2011 | 3:14 PM ET

@bklettke im pretty sure that tibau vs lentz comment shud b directed towards me pal....haha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

bklettke
bklettke

03.28.2011 | 3:15 PM ET

Yup, i ****** the dog on that one, no offense dude.

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero

03.28.2011 | 3:17 PM ET

@bklettke all good...i was just v confused...haha

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.28.2011 | 3:46 PM ET

-am i the only one that wants to see Josh Grispi vs Erik Koch?  grispi is still top 10 IMO.
-Condit vs DHK., if theres one guy that can finnsh off the stun gun, its Condit.
-Hardy vs Lytle , makes for fireworks
-Korean Zombie vs Dustin Poirier
-Schaub vs Russow

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

03.28.2011 | 3:49 PM ET

@Kallousklown ... They are all badass matchups!!

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

03.28.2011 | 4:12 PM ET

i'd rather see koch fight grispi than mendes. either one would be a fair matchup tho.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Samson
Samson
  • Predictions:  1,142  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  210
  • Post Score: 187

03.28.2011 | 5:11 PM ET

@bklettke....Munoz is fighting Maia at 132 I thought.

"In 96' Royce Gracie made me tap...one of many."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White: New UFC Deal Struck Because Saudi Arabia ‘Wanted Power Slap’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bullet’ Wants ‘Demolidor’ In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'