Tapology Forums

The Pre Week 1 ITL Match Ups and Events thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

06.19.2012 | 10:36 AM ET

After this week Wake will be making these threads but since he is finishing up the MVP league I took the initiative.

Reminder, we only include cards that have at least 4 professional bonus. The only exception being if there is an event posted with less than 4 fights it will still be included as long as all the fights are Pro.

THESE EVENTS WILL NOT BE SCORED AND THUS NOT MANDATORY FOR MEMBERS TO PICK!!!!!!

Northwest Fighting: Young Guns 2
NMEF Annihilation 41
QFGC 2
Warrior Challenge 18
Clan Wars 11

These are the events that are a part of this competition:

Deep: Barbarian Festival 10
UFC 147
Hardrock MMA 48
CFX 34
NFC 7
Fight UK 7
ONE FC 4
XFC 18
UFC ON FX 4
KOTC: Hostile Territory
Fight Time 10
Bellator 71
M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rizzo

THE MATCH UPS

Legion vs. The Misfits
Sons of Tapology vs. Bottom of the Barrell
Huggy Bears vs. Tapology Top Team
The Conquering Lions vs. Testosterone Replacement Therapy

* Edited at 06.19.2012, 2:13 PM ET *

Responses Page 8

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

06.24.2012 | 5:30 PM ET

i dont mean to tell you how to run your team but im not sure this democracy thing works

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.24.2012 | 5:33 PM ET

@geezhound because there are no captains (only in spirit, like technically messiah isn't the captain but he's gonna be doing all the moves on his team and he's gonna be reminding members to do things and he's gonna be cutting people and what not) in this game so all moves that are made are assumed to be team decisions. No one took charge of BOTB so I guess Nik decided to make a move or two to help BotB. BotB (and TRT) was a team assembled by Kalibo and messiah so that we could have enough teams in this league.If you wanna take the reigns of the team, I'm pretty sure you can as long as the rest of your team is alright with it but that move was perfectly legit.

"الله أكبرl"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

06.24.2012 | 5:34 PM ET

Democracy would imply there was a vote or general consensus taken. There was neither.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.24.2012 | 5:36 PM ET

It is too late now @Geez... sorry boss man... if someone from your team made a move, it stands.  Maybe we should have a captain.. or someone with the final say so this doesn't happen again.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Anik
Anik

06.24.2012 | 5:37 PM ET

for the two random assembled teams, messiah was hoping for a seize of power from someone to keep the teams active. you gotta tell nik because messiah's doing his job right, he was told that BotB made that move so he announced it and made it official.

If you want Icedrosa so bad, when the contest is over drop whoever the **** and pick her up.

"الله أكبرl"

wilflet
wilflet

06.24.2012 | 5:38 PM ET

thats what i mean by it not working geez.
it seems prone to either people doing things like this or nothing atall happening when it needs to which ****** us (trt) this week.

geezhound
geezhound

06.24.2012 | 5:39 PM ET

People can't arbitrarily send PMs to add/drop without any sort of group consult and call it legit. If so, I would simply say "BOTB dropping Nik Lust adding Icedrosa".

No way was that legit. I think a representative from each of the other teams should take a vote on it and decide the fairness of this particular transaction and set ground rules.

wilflet
wilflet

06.24.2012 | 5:41 PM ET

as it stands geez theres nothing to stop you dropping nik

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.24.2012 | 5:47 PM ET

What is done is done for now @Geez... I knew this would become an issue if we didn't appoint someone to be some sort of liaison.  We just can't back up a week though.  However, I think @wilf is somewhat correct giving the circumstances... 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

geezhound
geezhound

06.24.2012 | 5:48 PM ET

@wilflet LOL! Although that may be true, it's definitely NOT cool.

It's not the end of the world, but I think at the very least there should be some future ruling on this matter.

* Edited at 06.24.2012, 5:51 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

06.24.2012 | 5:50 PM ET

@geezhound I think you're overthinking this, every team in the league has someone who goes and makes moves for their team and some ask their teammates or not. It's your fault that you weren't there to stop this move if you didn't want it happening so bad, as rough as that may sound. He should've cleared it with his team but he didn't, but you can't blame messiah for that.

There are 8 teams in the league and every single team (with the exception of BotB and TRT) has someone calling the shots for team movement. Legion has messiah, the Sons have poirier, the Misfits have Joe kerr, the Huggy Bears have wolf, TRT has Anik and the Conquering Lions have yorma. I know that before I do a move, I ask my teammates what they think so that it could be a group decision. I know for a fact that poirier and the Sons do exactly the same. I think wolf calls his own shots for the Huggy Bears and so do the Lions and yorma but I think that works well too. No one on BotB was in charge at the time of the move so Nik felt that he had to do something to help the team, so he did. You can't fault him for it because you weren't there but what you CAN do is seize BotB and make it your team, and run it however you want.

Anyone on any team can go drop and pick up members, but some teams have more respect for their teammates than others. That's just it.

* Edited at 06.24.2012, 5:51 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

geezhound
geezhound

06.24.2012 | 5:56 PM ET

1st of all.... there was absolutely, in no way, shape or form ANY(and I stress ANY) blame whatsoever placed on Messiah, so I'm not exactly sure where that comment even came from.
I'm just saying it was a pretty shady move. I'm sure Nik meant no harm, but it wasn't a sound decision or appreciated in any way.

wilflet
wilflet

06.24.2012 | 5:56 PM ET

@anik, actually after the week 1 mess up with TRT im acting as captain. so its only botb without some sort of leadership.
Obviously its up to their members but I know if I were them Id be looking at getting their house in order before too much passes them by (just as im in the process of doing myself)

Anik
Anik

06.24.2012 | 5:59 PM ET

@geezhound he didn't mean any harm at all, so are you gonna seize BotB by the horns or what?

@wilflet so I've heard, good luck and my advice: drop ACF ASAP lol.

* Edited at 06.24.2012, 5:59 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

geezhound
geezhound

06.24.2012 | 6:04 PM ET

LOL @Anik, I don't really think I need to "seize" power. That just sounds a bit harsh. I'm just going to let Messiah know that henceforth, there won't be any rogue decisions from BOTB concerning member transactions.

* Edited at 06.24.2012, 6:05 PM ET *

wilflet
wilflet

06.24.2012 | 6:09 PM ET

@anik, 1 step ahead of you, already put in for 2 changes to take effect for our next match up.

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

06.24.2012 | 7:05 PM ET

Okay so as you guys know I put BotB together myself. When we had the draft for the last player, BotB was on the clock for almost 24 hours until Nik Lust stepped up and drafted Strez. So when I decided I'd rather have TUF_chris instead of prodigy, I reached out to Lust to see if he'd rather have apr0digy. He said yes, nothing was done unfairly, if geez or someone else wanted to be involved in the decision process, they should have spoken up.

With that being said all teams have a right to make team decisions, just keep that in mind for future reference, I apologize for any confusion guys. 
geezhound
geezhound

06.24.2012 | 7:18 PM ET

None of the blame was ever on you, Messiah, or on Nik for that matter just to clear that up.

I was just under the impression that since we didn't have a captain, and the teams were set, that unless there was some sort of vote via PM or thread, that nobody on the team could just drop a member without notice and we were locked.
Since that wasn't the case, I was confused, but we're past that.
From now on I will be the spokesman(not captain, leader or decision maker) for the team.

* Edited at 06.24.2012, 7:19 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

06.24.2012 | 7:34 PM ET

nice.

"الله أكبرl"

geezhound
geezhound

06.24.2012 | 7:42 PM ET

And yes, Anik, you may direct all ball-busting and **** talking to me.

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski calls Jose Aldo featherweight GOAT ahead of UFC 301: 'He's how a champion should be'
  • MMA Mania : ‘12 Gauge’ Unloads On ‘Piece Of S—t’ Danis After Alleged Affair Claims