Tapology Forums

Who can beat or at least pose a threat to Jon Jones thats in the LightHeavy Division

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

TDaddy3000
TDaddy3000
  • Predictions:  2,771  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 87

03.23.2011 | 2:00 AM ET

Not Rashad. Thats my opinion.

"Hungover and watching The Hangover. Ironic? No, inevitable."--TDaddy3000

Responses

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

03.23.2011 | 7:53 AM ET

Rashad, Rampage, Davis, and Nog I can all see posing a legitimate threat

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.23.2011 | 7:58 AM ET

dont forget Machida

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

03.23.2011 | 8:48 AM ET

Slim to no chances of anyone posing a threat. I adore Machida, but Jones is a friggin superhero, if he was green he'd look just like that Jon Jonzz from The Justice league.

"I Get Better."

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.23.2011 | 8:58 AM ET

I'd say Phil Davis and Rashad COULD pose a threat, but more likely would offer Jones the most competitive fights of his career to date, I believe Jones will still win decisive victories over either and likely finish the fight as well. Machida hasn't seemed like the same fighter since his bouts with Shogun. It has kind of seemed that people have figured out his unorthadox style. If Rampage could have the success he did against Machida(I know Machida looked good in the third round and rd1 & 2 where sleepers) I believe Bones would be able to climb that mountain. The only fighter I believe has a shot of Beating Jones at 205 is Anderson Silva if he moves back up. He would have to do it soon however, as Jones as been looking more and more domminant with every performace. Even then I could still see Bones leaving with the victory, It wouldnt suprise me to see him beat anyone right now.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.23.2011 | 9:28 AM ET

At 205 Rashad has the ability to beat anyone, but I dont see him beating Jones...Phil Davis looks to be on his way towards being a top guy as well, but dont think he'll be ready until sometime in 2012

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

03.23.2011 | 11:41 AM ET

Machida's style might keep him alive for a while against Jones, but I doubt he could squeak out a win.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Samson
Samson
  • Predictions:  1,142  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  210
  • Post Score: 187

03.23.2011 | 11:52 AM ET

Rampage, Machida, Davis....thats it for now.

"In 96' Royce Gracie made me tap...one of many."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight show: Reaction to Lewis’ big finish, Buckley’s win and McGregor callout
  • Bad Left Hook : Vasiliy Lomachenko stops George Kambosos to win IBF belt
  • MMA Mania : ‘Is This Guy For Real?!?’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White praises Joaquin Buckley's UFC on ESPN 56 win, but shuts down his Conor McGregor request
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Lomachenko vs. Kambosos ring announcer completely bungle co-main event fight result
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch ring announcer completely bungle fight result for Lomachenko vs. Kambosos co-main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 bonuses: 12-second winner is a $50K no-brainer
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis bonuses: Trey Waters, Billy Goff take home Fight of the Night following epic war
  • MMA Mania : OUCH! Rebecki Shares Photo Of His Mangled Face
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! ‘Black Jag’ Banks $50K For 12 Seconds Of Work
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Balls got hot again’: Pros react to Derrick Lewis knocking out Rodrigo Nascimento at UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis scores vicious knockout, moons crowd at UFC St. Louis 
  • MMA Mania : Hot Balls Highlights! Lewis Delivers Vicious KO Before Mooning Crowd
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Pulls Off Epic KO, Then His Shorts In Wild Celebration – UFC St. Louis Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Derrick Lewis' KO of Rodrigo Nascimento, wild celebration at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight press conference video