Topic: Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,668  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,583
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Hendricks vs. Kampmann. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.30.2012 | 1:40 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Decision  

@Nik Lust the guy's caught 3 breaks in a row, he could easily be on a 5 fight losing streak right now. I'm not sold on Kampmann at all.

"الله أكبرl"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.30.2012 | 1:41 PM ET

Kampann has outstanding boxing and Hendricks doesn't. Kampann has great takedown defense as well. If Kampann can stay away from the big left hand of Hendricks this fight will go the distance with Martin picking Jonny apart on the feet.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  56,082  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

06.30.2012 | 1:41 PM ET

@Anik But you could also argue that he could just as easily be on a 7 fight winning streak.
Anik
Anik

06.30.2012 | 1:43 PM ET

@FresnoMMA That is very true, but again you've proven my point. There's too much risk with a Kampmann pick, he could easily be out of the top 10 instead of inside the top 3.

Also, Fitch would beat Kampmann. I'M JUST SAYING.

"الله أكبرl"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA

06.30.2012 | 1:49 PM ET

No matter who Kampmann is fighting it always seems to be a 50/50 fight.  I think Ellenberger could have finished that fight if he would have let Kampmann up instead of basically laying on him for the remainder of the round allowing him to recover.
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

06.30.2012 | 1:51 PM ET

except for Paul Daley

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

06.30.2012 | 2:39 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I'm having Hendricks on my **** list, Kampmann on my fav list.
 No brainer who i chose 

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

06.30.2012 | 2:55 PM ET

This kind of sucks for me because Hendricks and Kampmann are 2 of my favorite WW's. I will be flipflopping a lot until the fight happens. I still think Kampmann/Condit is one of the best stylistic match ups you can get in the WW division.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

johmal2
johmal2
  • Predictions:  159  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 66

07.08.2012 | 11:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

guillitone choke
SpiderGuard
SpiderGuard
  • Predictions:  1,914  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 174

07.08.2012 | 11:18 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I watched the Shields fight like three times and I still don't see how people think Kampmann won. He got outgrappled pretty easily. Got his guard passed, mounted, and his back taken.
FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA

07.08.2012 | 11:29 PM ET

Hendricks was probably the coolest guy I got to meet at the expo, pulling even harder for him now!
Anik
Anik

07.08.2012 | 11:30 PM ET

@SpiderGuard people that say Kampmann won are only saying that 'cause they wanna believe that he has a 7 win streak, when he really isn't.

"الله أكبرl"

Mayhem14
Mayhem14
  • Predictions:  778  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 77

07.31.2012 | 5:35 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/gif/kamp103.gif
I think you all remember this

* Edited at 07.31.2012, 5:35 PM ET *

"I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye." -Bas Rutten

ShankMasterFlex
ShankMasterFlex
  • Predictions:  3,216  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  145
  • Post Score: 208

07.31.2012 | 6:12 PM ET

Hitman all day. His ability to finish Alves and Ellenberger after getting worked initially says a lot more to me than Hendricks split decision wins over Pierce and Koscheck (Kos won imo). I like both fighters a lot, for both their fighting style and their public persona. This is a fight I'm not too excited to watch though, as one of my guys will lose. But my money is on Kampmann.

"This will teach those filthy bastards who's lovable!" - Bender

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

07.31.2012 | 6:12 PM ET

I really, really like both guys. Like, really.

Hendricks: I like his power, chin and wrestling. I'm unsure about his technical prowess against a guy like Kampmann, and although he has yet to be finished, I think a sub for Kampmann is possible.

Kampmann: I like Kampmann's better overall striking and slick ground game. I'm unsure about his likelihood of getting hit too much, his chin vs Hendricks' hands, and his bjj work against Hendricks' top  wrestling. 

If this were a five-round fight, it would be harder to pick Hendricks, but since it's a three-rounder, I'm picking him. Even if Kampmann was on a 7-fight win streak, it would be with a finish of Volkmann, four decisions over guys who are between #10 and #20, a sub of Alves (who isn't in the top 10, maybe not even 15, and who was beating Kampmann), and a tko of Ellenberger (who almost finished Kampmann). Even though Hendricks won splits against Pierce and Koscheck, both are eerily similar to Hendricks, and a win over both is good nonetheless, plus he proved his KO power once again vs Dolloway and Fitch. 

I have to think that even if Kampmann is more technical on the feet, Hendricks' power will equalize the standup. On the ground, Kampmann has the bjj and Hendricks the wrestling, so I'm not really sure who to take there. Hendricks seems to have the better chin, Kampmann seems to be hit much more (and if he takes one to get one off, that won't work), and Kampmann seems to be more inconsistent, so I am going with Hendricks but would not be surprised to see Kampmann seize the moment.

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

07.31.2012 | 9:06 PM ET

Hendrick by ko

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Hendricks has major power and Kampmann has been rocked in every fight I've ever watched him in. He has a great heart but takes too much damage in his fights. I don't see him surviving Hen***** initial onslaught. This prediction coming from the same guy who picked him to lose against Ellenberger and Alves too though.

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

07.31.2012 | 9:34 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Kampmann has had a fair bit of luck so far. He takes touch damage in his fights and I think this will catch up to him against hendricks
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

07.31.2012 | 9:44 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I think people who are picking Hendricks by KO are underestimating Kampmans chin. Kampman has never been knocked out in his entire career.  He has 3 TKO loses but not one of them was he actually out at any point. He has one TKO doctor stoppage from i believe a cut early in his career.  Then he was TKO in the first by Nate, and that likely the closes he came to being knocked out, and even then he was blocking the entire time and was still very much with it, Nate was just to big and powerful.  Then his loses to Daley which Kampman never even fell down and was standing even when the fight was stopped.

Also think people are overrating Hendricks. Yes he has knock out power but he not a good striker at all. He does not have nearly the offensive out put of a guy like Ellenberger, nor does he have the striking skill of Ellenberger. It it extremely unlikely Hendrick will win by KO. TKO maybe but even that is a stretch in my opinion.

Now Hendrick could very well win because as stated Kampman defense has always been his weakness. However if anything it likely be a decisions win and even then I side with Kampman more often then not.  I think Hendericks is a huge over achiever.  I think that Fitch knock out was a giant fluke that he would never replicate in another 10 fights between the two. I also think he fought a crappy Kos. Kos is not the same fighter he was at all. Ever since the GSP lose he only looked for one big punch and he not even that powerful. I dont think the Kos that fought pierce or Hendrick would even be a top 10er. Yes Kos has the skill set to be top 10er but he does not fight with it. He niether really wrestled either nor did he utilises any sort of striking game other then looking for a single haymaker.  If he had fought Sanchez the way he fought pierce or hendrick Sanchex would have beaten him solidly.  I think Kos has regressed and was better back prior to GSP second fight. He uses to utilizes jabs, combinations, kick and wrestling.  

Also think Hendrick may have luck out with this Kampman fight, because Kampman a guy who he can pontentially defeat via descion depending upon how Kampman approaches the fight. If Hendrick was against Nick Diaz, Condit, Rory, Penn (depending if he showed up in shape) or Ellenberger  he would have his hands more then filled. I think he lose a solid majority against any of them and several of them i think would beat him down badly. He overachiever and I hope he gets exposed, if not and Kampman fights stupidly like he done in the past, then all the power to henderick. And I hope they give him Condit next if he beats Kampman because I am very confident Condit would win a very one sided fight with possible finish.

* Edited at 07.31.2012, 9:47 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

07.31.2012 | 9:49 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

"Kampmann has had a fair bit of luck so far. He takes touch damage in his fights and I think this will catch up to him against hendricks"

I mean cant the very same be said of Hendrick?  I mean hendrick beat Fitch with his first punch of the fight. You do not get much luckier then that. Then he fought a Kos who utilized one weapon the entire fight. I think hendrick has had his fair bit of luck.

"here I come to save the day"

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,003  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

07.31.2012 | 10:06 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

********. Kampmann has a good chin, but the only reason people say that is because he takes a **** load of punishment and survives. Koscheck has a good chin too, but we all remember the KO against Paulo Thiago.

Kampmann gets lucky against guys who are known to make mistakes. He most likely gets KO'd against Hendricks in the early stages of the fight, but if he does survive, he'll still lose the fight. Despite what people say, Hendricks is the real deal. He's coming for the belt.

By the way, that punch Hendricks threw against Fitch was not luck. Fitch sidesteps to his right at least 4 or 5 times before Hendricks nails him with his left and anybody who says otherwise needs to watch it again.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?