Topic: Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,574  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,523
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Hendricks vs. Kampmann. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

07.31.2012 | 10:27 PM ET

@OldNick couldn't agree mas. Kampmann has a rubber chin like Diaz imo; he can take all shots and when huge shots come he gets rocked but recovers very well. However, if Hendricks is smart, he will get close because few have followed up adequately once they've rocked Kampmann. If Kampmann doesn't get (t)ko'd earlier, I still see him losing a decision due to Hendricks' heavier hands and likely ability to neutralize most ground attacks and/or TDs with his wrestling. Plus, Hitman's nickname is becoming more and more accurate for the wrong reason; he gets hit, man. I love both, though, but I think Hendricks is the real deal.

I'm tired of people calling any punch lucky. Unless a guy slips or something, there is no lucky punch, a punch is a punch; when you throw one, the intention is to hit the opponent; sure every guy has a "button" but when you have a guy with stone fists against a guy who lacks a stone chin, this stuff happens. And now that Hendricks knows he can KO Fitch with one punch, I'd pick him for a rematch, where I think he'd win the standup game, with a possible (t)ko and avoid or do well enough on the ground. Again, I like both, but I'm looking at this objectively and that's what I see.

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

07.31.2012 | 10:42 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Decision  

Underestimating Martin is a mistake. I agree w/ half of what @oldnik is saying.. but Kampmann is more than capable of beating a guy like Hendricks.  I'm not sold on Hendricks yet, but I do think he is for real if that makes any sense.  I just feel like Kampmann is being under rated in this match up.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

07.31.2012 | 10:44 PM ET

Kampmann was being pretty soundly beat by Alves and Ellenberger before he pulled them out of his ass. 

Don't think he can keep that up.
RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

07.31.2012 | 10:51 PM ET

@Kalibo Underestimating both is a mistake; one could do so of Hendricks due to his lesser experience, and to Kampmann due to his questionable/"unimpressive" performances. I just think stylistically this favors Hendricks, and no matter what your opponent has, when you have heavy, heavy hands and wrestling you're a threat. A Kampmann sub, or a close decision, would not shock me at all.

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

07.31.2012 | 10:56 PM ET

I'm actually surprised the favorite on Tapology is Kampmann. I thought it was going to be much more like the betting odds that are showing currently with Hendricks as the slight favorite.

* Edited at 07.31.2012, 10:56 PM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

08.01.2012 | 1:20 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

"I'm tired of people calling any punch lucky. Unless a guy slips or something, there is no lucky punch, a punch is a punch; when you throw one, the intention is to hit the opponent; sure every guy has a "button" but when you have a guy with stone fists against a guy who lacks a stone chin, this stuff happens. And now that Hendricks knows he can KO Fitch with one punch, I'd pick him for a rematch, where I think he'd win the standup game, with a possible (t)ko and avoid or do well enough on the ground. Again, I like both, but I'm looking at this objectively and that's what I see."

I mean he went for the knock out and he got it. I not saying he does not deserve the win i mean he did it. he did what he said he do. I honestly Think it was a fluke and Fitch seriously never thought it would happen.  IT was one punch, fitch got caught with his guard down and hendrick got him. however would that happen again in 10 fights? Most likely not. Could hendrick get another knock out? perhaps, but with the first punch thrown? I think not. 

I disagree that hendrick would be winning the standup. he deff has that better ability to finish but in a rematch I am pretty confident Fitch would out land Hendrick significantly. However that does not mean hendrick could not still win becuase he deff has far more knock power. However from a technical stand point Fitch is the better striker.  Fitch has out landed both Alves and Penn on the feet,  Hendrick if memory servers me got out landed by peirce on the feet and many people thought pierce won. Pierce also got out struck by Fitch pretty signification i believe. I dont think hendrick is technically that great of a striker.  But time will see. perhaps I be wrong but i have feeling when he starts fighting the ranger strikers he gunna get lit up. Still not sure I am confident in Kampan simply because he defenses is so meh at times. 

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

08.01.2012 | 1:29 AM ET

"Kampmann was being pretty soundly beat by Alves and Ellenberger before he pulled them out of his ass. 

Don't think he can keep that up."

Yea i agree we was losing, but he stunned the other two few times as well, but he was being beaten. However it should be noted that Hendrick is not the level of striking that either Alves or Ellenberger are. And in terms of power i say Ellenberger has more power and alves is pretty close to hendrick power.  Alves is also leaps and bounds a betetr striker more technical  and versatile.  Ellenberger is not as good a striker as Alves, but he better then hendrick. He throws cleaner punches, combination and faster.  I not saying hendrick won't win because I deff feel Kampam is a very winnable fight for him. However I think people are focusing way to much on hendrick power and not enough on his technical striking skill which I really dont think is on either of these guys levels.

Also my post is not really directed at you more to the general thread.

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

08.12.2012 | 5:52 PM ET

I think Hendricks' fight with Koscheck exposed numerous weaknesses in his striking game. I was ready to jump on his wagon until i saw that fight. I just don't see him getting past upper echelon stand up fighters who can keep the fight on the feet or threaten enough off their back to get back to the feet like kampmann does. I imagine all that damage kampmann takes will catch up with him eventually, but until it does I'm not questioning his ability to recover. He's been doing it since his first fight against McFedries years ago. If he recovers after getting rocked in every fight and goes on to win with superior technique, its not luck. Do it once or twice, maybe. Do it every damn time....not luck.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.29.2012 | 10:41 AM ET

Hate picking against Kampmann he always makes me look like an ass!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

09.03.2012 | 11:41 AM ET

Good fight, but I refuse to pick against Kampmann.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

09.03.2012 | 12:15 PM ET

"I think Hendricks' fight with Koscheck exposed numerous weaknesses in his striking game. I was ready to jump on his wagon until i saw that fight. I just don't see him getting past upper echelon stand up fighters who can keep the fight on the feet or threaten enough off their back to get back to the feet like kampmann does. I imagine all that damage kampmann takes will catch up with him eventually, but until it does I'm not questioning his ability to recover. He's been doing it since his first fight against McFedries years ago. If he recovers after getting rocked in every fight and goes on to win with superior technique, its not luck. Do it once or twice, maybe. Do it every damn time....not luck."
I agree 100%.  I personally would love for Condit to fight Hendrick because I think Condit would beat Hendricks very convincenly for much of the same reasons you stated.

* Edited at 09.03.2012, 12:33 PM ET *

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

09.03.2012 | 12:21 PM ET

I'm picking Hendricks via UD here. I've picked against Kampmann the last two times he's fought, so he'll probably get dropped a bunch of times and submit Hendricks at the end, that seems like his thing. I'd feel like an idiot, but whatever. Hoping for a solid fight here regardless, even though i really don't think either guy has much for the champ.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Motizzle Sizzle
Motizzle Sizzle
  • Predictions:  7,232  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 235

09.03.2012 | 1:44 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

I gotta go with BIGG RIGG!
HitmanDK
HitmanDK
  • Predictions:  889  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  146
  • Post Score: 132

09.03.2012 | 1:52 PM ET

i gotta go with Kampmann for (fairly) obvious reasons. He's proved lately that he can that he can win a fight in multiple different ways and his well roundedness will serve him well in this fight.

"They are welcome to boo me but they have to pay for the privilege."

HitmanDK
HitmanDK
  • Predictions:  889  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  146
  • Post Score: 132

09.03.2012 | 1:56 PM ET

In Martin's fight with Story and Ellenberger he proved that he can handle wrestlers, and wrestlers with power as well. And he took everything Alves could throw at him and came back to submit him. 

Meanwhile Hendricks didn't look all that well against aging elite WW Koscheck in his last fight. His fight before that (Fitch) was too short to really asses him on.

"They are welcome to boo me but they have to pay for the privilege."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

09.03.2012 | 2:02 PM ET

I for one think the Kos that showed up for both the hendrick fight and pierce fight is not a top 10 welter weight. If he continues on his current path I believe "MMA Experts" will soon no longer recognize him as an elite welter weight

* Edited at 09.03.2012, 2:04 PM ET *

Mr_Quondam
Mr_Quondam
  • Predictions:  229  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  58
  • Post Score: 148

09.20.2012 | 4:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Nothing new here. Martin gets beaten up, then wins later

"The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up." - Fedor Emelianenko

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

10.08.2012 | 10:35 PM ET

I don't think Hendricks is as good as people think.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

10.08.2012 | 10:58 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

This is a very good fight Hendricks has awesome wrestling but Kampmann has a better overall game. I gotta say Martin by submission.

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

DelRose
DelRose

10.08.2012 | 11:59 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Kampmann has had enough experience to be able to handle a fighter like hendricks.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’