Topic: Le vs. Cote

Le vs. Cote

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,924  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,729
  • Post Score: 60

05.31.2012 | 10:14 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Cote   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Le vs. Cote. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

GET RID OF FITCH
GET RID OF FITCH
  • Predictions:  41  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: -21

06.27.2012 | 5:36 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Cote   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

cung le is getting old chubby
cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

06.27.2012 | 8:18 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Cote   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Cung Le signed a 6 fight contract with UFC... I don't think there is anyway he finishes it out if they keep giving him guys like W. Silva and Cote. Le will gas early and Cote will get the TKO.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.27.2012 | 2:20 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Cote   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Cote wins this but anyone who thinks Cung Le's gotta KO Cote is...stupid. Sorry, there's no other way to put it, Cote has one of the best chins in MMA history, the dude just doesn't get rocked. Cung Le's striking is great but it's lacking in power and I doubt it could finish Cote. If it does though, I will be VERY surprised.

"الله أكبرl"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  60,099  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,439
  • Post Score: 204

06.27.2012 | 2:24 PM ET

I just don't see Le getting the win here.  Cote seems like the hungrier fighter and I think he'll come out swinging.
TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

06.27.2012 | 2:26 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Cote   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Le is gonna get put on his back, and pounded out. If Cote stands with him, he will risk getting ktfo

"3HUNNA"

Anik
Anik

06.27.2012 | 2:27 PM ET

@TraeBlack LOL

Cote has one of the 10 best chins in MMA history, if Cung Le KOs him I'll airmail you my pinky.

"الله أكبرl"

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

07.04.2012 | 11:05 AM ET

Going with Cote. Both of Le's losses are from guys with heavy hands (Scott, Wand) while Cote's losses are from guys that want to submit him (Doerksen, Lutter, Belcher).

Opened at:
Patrick Cote -275 vs. Cung Le +215

Current Mean:
Patrick Cote -230 vs. Cung Le +186
Anik
Anik

07.04.2012 | 11:30 AM ET

@Card I think the Doerkson and Lutter fights are irrelevant 7 and 6 years ago, respectively.

But I do agree that Cote's gonna win this, unless Cung Le uses those sidekicks to keep Cote at bay. But he won't KO ****.

"الله أكبرl"

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

07.04.2012 | 11:56 AM ET

Cote hasn't reached his potential, and I wanna see him make a run. His chin is great and he has power; if he works on his sub defense and trusts his hands he can impress, and he better do it against Le. (I like Le but Cote should have this one)

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

07.04.2012 | 10:32 PM ET

If Silva/Sonnen turns out to be a dud, this could be the leading candidate for Fight of the Night. Both love to bang and I expect they'll do so. Cote's had a lot of ups and downs in the UFC, but I think this will be a definite up for him as he wins by a spectacular KO.

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

Anik
Anik

07.04.2012 | 10:58 PM ET

Cung Le's got a chance guys. Cote's a bit conservative with his striking and is pretty much just a pocket striker and Cung Le can keep him at bay easily with those sidekicks of his.

"الله أكبرl"

JF_Cntry
JF_Cntry
  • Predictions:  4,948  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  326
  • Post Score: 207

07.05.2012 | 12:26 AM ET

Prediction: correct Le   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Le by way of a round house kick to the side of Cote's head from out of no where

and it has to be in rd 2

* Edited at 07.05.2012, 12:27 AM ET *

"ROLL TIDE!"

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

07.05.2012 | 3:10 PM ET

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

07.05.2012 | 3:21 PM ET

Because I'm at work and bored, I compiled the record of the 7 fighters (cans) Le has crushed in his overrated and overhyped "career." 104-72... hmmmmmmmm Shamrock had 23 of those wins... point is, Cung Le is a can crusher and the UFC is not going to feed this guy any cans, and I will enjoy watching him get KTFO for as long as he keeps fighting in the UFC

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.05.2012 | 3:27 PM ET

Cote will channel his inner Wanderlei here 

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

07.05.2012 | 7:55 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Cote   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Cote takes him down, gets the stoppage via GnP

"3HUNNA"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

07.05.2012 | 8:09 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Cote   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I love watching Cung fight, there's just not very many guys like him around. Unfortunately, he's getting up there in age, and fighting a super tough guy like Patrick Cote, who is also hungry coming back into the UFC for this fight, isn't doing Cung any favors. I think it will be a decent back and forth battle for two rounds, but like he does sometimes, I think Cung will get tired, and Cote will get a late TKO. I'd be shocked if Cung knocked out Cote, i really don't see that happening with Cote's chin.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

07.05.2012 | 9:18 PM ET

10-Point Breakdown

1. Mental Edge/Confidence/Gameplan - Inactivity and hot and cold performances has pretty much been Cung Le's resume. He's fought only 4 times since 2008, and has went 2-2 in that time. Patrick Cote has fought 6 times since 2008, in which during that time has battelled a knee injury that took a year and 7 months to recover from. In those last 5 fights, Cote has went 4-2, winning his last 4 straight. Cote lost his last 3 fights in the UFC one by injury TKO, a submission loss to Alan Belcher, and a decision loss to Tom Lawlor. Cote's overall UFC record is 4-7, while Le has only fought once and lost by KO to Wanderlei Silva. With this in mind, I have to give the mental and confidence edge to Cote, simply because coming into this fight, Cote is riding a 4-fight win streak. When it comes to gameplan, I'm pretty sure both fighters will have no problem standing toe-to-toe, and seeing who can dish out and take more punishment. Cung Le strikes me as a little more technical of a stand-up fighter, so I think that he will put together a little bit better of a gameplan. So with all this mind, overall in this category, I give Patrick Cote a slight edge here. Le - 7/10, Cote - 8/10

2. Experience/Level Of Opposition - Patrick Cote has 24 overal fights, 11 of them in the UFC. Cung Le has 9 total fights, 8 of them in Strikeforce, and 1 in the UFC. Cote's resume includes fights with Anderson Silva, Ricardo Almeida, Kendall Grove, Chris Leben, and Tito Ortiz, while Cung Le's resume includes fights with Wanderlei Silva and Frank Shamrock. Both fighters have faced and beaten Scott Smith. Tallying this up in my head, I have to give the clear cut advantage to Patrick Cote. Le - 6/10, Cote - 8/10

3. Heart/Determination To Win - This comes down to who can overcome adversity, and still win the fight? Who can come back when the chips are down, and still find a way to win? Who really has the fighting spirit? When these questions are asked the answer that comes to my mind is Patrick Cote, but I do have to admit that Cung Le showed a lot of heart in his loss to Wanderlei Silva. I still have the give the advantage here to Cote. Le - 8/10, Cote - 9/10

4. Stamina/Cardio - Cung Le has only finished 3 rounds once in his entire career, to where as Cote has been a 3 round distance 9 times. In all of those fights that Cote has been the distance, I've never seen him gas. Cung Le on the other hand seems to fade the longer a fight goes on. I think the same can be said for this fight. The longer the fight continues, the more in Cote's favor I think the fight goes. Le - 8/10, Cote - 9/10

5. Endurance/Toughness - Patrick Cote has one of the most durable chins in all of MMA, to where as Cung Le's chin is durable, but not quite as strong as Cote's. Le - 8/10, Cote - 10/10

6. Overall Striking - Both fighters are very good strikers, but both fighters are strong in the striking department where the other isn't so much weak, but just not as strong as his opponent. Take Cung Le for instance, Le has very versatile striking, has very good technique, and utilizes good combinations and movement to win the fight. He's not going to put you away with one punch or kick, but with a variety of strikes and combinations. Patrick Cote has very good one-punch knockout power, picks and chooses his shots to create the ending of a fight, and has very good defense along with one of the strongest chins in all of MMA. The question is, what's better? A fighter who can score points, put you away with good movement, technique, and versatility, or a fighter who has good power, can end the fight in one punch, and has good defense, and a strong chin? It's really hard to pick who is the better striker for me because both fighters are strong in this area, and end the fight in different ways on the feet. I might have to call this one even. Le - 9/10, Cote - 9/10

7. Overall Wrestling/Grappling - This has been Patrick Cote's achilles heel throughout his career. His takedown defense is atrocious at best, and I don't believe I've ever seen him outwrestle a single opponent in the UFC. Though it was his first fight in the UFC, and he was fighting at 205, Cote was taken down at will by Tito Ortiz, but this has also happened against Joe Doerkson, Chris Leben, Travis Lutter, and Tom Lawlor. Cung Le actually has a very good grappling pedigree. Because of his Sanshou background, he can keep his opponents off-balance, sweep them off their feet, or hip slam his opponent to the ground if he doesn't like how the fight is going on the feet. I give Le the clear cut in this category here. Le - 9/10, Cote - 6/10

8. Overall Submissions/BJJ - Another area where Cote has failed many times over the course of his career. Cung Le has never lost by submission, but he's never won any fights by submission either. Cote has won some of his fights by submission, but nothing against an opponent of any consequence. Cote's submission defense is still pretty terrible at best, but I don't think that we're going to see some great BJJ game from Cung Le either. I don't give an advantage in this area to either fighter for different reasons. Le - 7/10, Cote - 7/10

9. Speed/Athleticism - This area is all Cung Le right here. He has quick kicks, fast versatile strikes, and great movement. Cote is not the fastest guy in the cage, and definitely doesn't possess any great athleticism. Le - 9/10, Cote 7/10

10. Power/Size - This area is all Cote in this fight here. He's not the biggest 185er, but he does cut a bit of weight to make 185, and I think he definitely possesses more power than Cung Le. Le - 8/10, Cote - 9/10

Overall Score = Cung Le - 79/100, Patrick "The Predator" Cote - 82/100 

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

07.05.2012 | 9:44 PM ET

I have an avatar bet with Wake99 on this one. 

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

07.05.2012 | 9:53 PM ET

@jay I think Le's cardio is a generous 7 at best but otherwise an enjoyable read as always.

Where you find the time to write ALL THAT I'll never know! haha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA community reacts to Father's Day, celebrates on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘MVP’ Wants Usman After Wrecking Garry At UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Tatsuro Taira after UFC on ESPN 58 win?
  • MMA Junkie : Miles Johns: UFC Apex main event vs. Ricky Simon 'would be kind of cool'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker Says Ikram Aliskerov Is ‘Different Threat’, Eyes Title Rematch With Dricus Du Plessis
  • MMA Junkie : Linton Vassell might get over playoff miss if PFL booked him vs. Ryan Bader
  • MMA Mania : Mayweather Releases Infamous ‘Tank’ Vs. Haney Doghouse Session
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Cris Cyborg destroy another opponent with brutal boxing knockout at Crypto Fight Night
  • MMA Junkie : Rose Namajunas' history with UFC Denver foe Maycee Barber includes 'uncalled for' moment with father
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva says knockouts weren’t allowed in Chael Sonnen boxing exhibition
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 post-event facts: Prelim fighter scores ultra-rare finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen full fight video for boxing match
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Drinks Away His Disappointment Over UFC 303 Main Event Cancellation; Conor McGregor Gives Update On Injury
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Offers New Deodorant To ‘Smelly Boy’ Merab
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 5: Make your predictions for light heavyweights and lightweights in Salt Lake City
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia fight card official with new lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen objects to boxing draw vs. Anderson Silva: 'I won the first three rounds'
  • MMA Mania : Video! Perez Stretchered Out Of UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Rafael dos Anjos gets revenge 8 years later by mocking Conor McGregor dropping out of UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Cris Cyborg Scores Another KO Win In Boxing Match, Takes Dig At Claressa Shields