Tapology Forums

Does Brock Lesnar deserve UFC HOF?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

M dot 50
M dot 50
  • Predictions:  368  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 55

05.25.2012 | 3:02 PM ET

Has a few big wins in a short career. Mir, Handy, Herring, Carwin....I personally wanted to see him fight a few more times and see if he could ever actually be comfortable taking a punch. I was not of fan of him, but I do think he should be considered for HOF.... 

What say you Tapology forum? 

Responses Page 4

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.25.2012 | 10:54 PM ET

Anyone wanna contribute to my rankings? This is a very hot topic lately... it'd be nice to get a discusison going in the ranking thread.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

05.25.2012 | 10:58 PM ET

I would say no way in hell, Brock had a few good wins then got his ass handed to him by Cain and Overeem, UFC HOF should be reserved for legends like Hughes, Couture, Liddell and BJ Penn, guys who left it all in the ring and gave thier all for the sport

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.25.2012 | 11:35 PM ET

Guys... lets discuss in my rankings thread :)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

05.25.2012 | 11:56 PM ET

I'll probably get some flack for this, but whatever, just my opinion.

I don't think that Brock Lesnar deserves to be in the UFC HoF, but I do think he's more deserving than a few of the guys who are already there.

Charles Mask Lewis was a great man and will always be remembered for helping start the biggest brand of MMA clothing in the world, but the man never set foot in the octagon.  I understand they wanted to honour him after his untimely death, but I'm not so sure this was the way to do it.

Mark Coleman, also made his mark in the UFC.  Was a beast with his GnP.  Was also an insane roid rager who did his best work outside of the UFC, in my opinion.  What he accomplished in Pride should have no bearing on whether or not he deserves a spot in the UFC HoF.

Ken Shamrock also did some great things in the early days of the UFC, but I also thought he was a joke and I only ever enjoyed watching Tito get under his skin or beat him unconscious.  He's always been such an open supporter of steroids and has been caught twice.  Safe to say he's always juiced and always will.

Brock Lesnar may not have been around for long, but I don't think a fighter will ever capture a UFC title again with as little MMA training and as few professional fights as he had.  He defended the title twice which is no easy task in the UFC's heavyweight division.  He headlined UFC 100 and was always a gigantic draw for PPVs.  Like him or not he was a HUGE star and I think more deserving of a spot in the UFC HoF than the three men that I mentioned.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

M dot 50
M dot 50
  • Predictions:  368  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 55

05.26.2012 | 11:16 AM ET

Some good points... And not to mention, dude was about as green as it gets for being a Champion. He relied on his wrestling and size to get the belt. He could NOT take a punch, and at times looked like a fish out of water. 

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out
  • MMAFighting.com : David Feldman explains how Conor McGregor became BKFC co-owner, how Dana White may react
  • MMA Mania : BKFC, The Morning After: It’s Finally Time For Perry Vs. Till
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez content UFC on ESPN 55 served as reminder: 'Honestly, I haven't changed'
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Duffee, Hunt Suffer TKO Injuries At KnuckleMania 4