Topic: Peter Aerts

Peter Aerts appreciation thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.24.2012 | 10:54 PM ET

Before I was an MMA fan, I had found K-1 about 10 years ago while watching Eurosport in the evenings. My first event I ever saw was the K-1 2001 GP Finals where Mark Hunt overcoming insane odds to become the only non European to ever win the K-1 World GP.

While watching  K-1 events I came upon Peter Aerts a normal looking guy that would come out and bring the fight every time to the guy beating the best kickboxers in history and becoming in my opinion the best kickboxer to ever compete in K-1 (many will argue the late Andy Hug and I completely understand). Aerts beat the likes of Schilt (3-2 out of 5), Hug(2-2), Bonjasky (1-0), Le Banner (3-1) and Ignashov (1-1). He also is the 3 time K-1 World GP champion, 3 time runner up and 2 time 3rd place fighter. He's been fighting since he was 16 professionally though his records only go back to 1988.

I would say the fight that I personifies what makes Peter Aerts so awesome is his fight with Semmy Schilt in the 2010 K-1 GP. Aerts coming into the GP shortly after turning 40 years old defeating Mighty Mo by KO (punches and kick) in the first round of match ups while Schilt had blown by Kyotaro in a 3 round decesion. With Schilt the heavy favorite, expected to meet the other heavy favorite Alistair Overeem in the finals, Aerts comes out to prove that you should never assume him to be out of a fight. Semmy Schilt is 6ft 11.5 in with an 88 inch reach and Aerts is 6ft 4inches (no reach recorded)

For you viewing pleasure I present Peter Aerts (103-28) vs Semmy Schilt (38-6 losses kickboxing) in the semifinals of the K-1 2010 GP Finals. This fight gave me huge respect for The Voice as a commentator. Honestly please watch the entire fight, it becomes freaking insane. If you impatient watch the 3rd round.

By the way. Aerts is the only person to ever knock Schilt out of the K-1 World GP.

Bonus video:
Peter Aerts highlight (sorry for the music)

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Peter "The Dutch Lumberjack" Aerts

Fighter Details

• Name: Peter Aerts
  • Pro MMA Record: 2-2-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Dutch Lumberjack
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: December 31, 2015 in RFF
  • Weight Class: Super Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: N/A
  • Affiliation: Team Aerts
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: N/A
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $0 USD
  • Born: Eindhoven, Holland
  • Fighting out of: Amsterdam, Holland
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Kickboxing
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.24.2012 | 11:00 PM ET

Man, Peter Aerts was da ****** bomb, I love that guy, all of his fights were amazing, he has some amazing KO's and get KO'd pretty bad too. K-1 was the best!

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.25.2012 | 12:13 AM ET

Also for those who are Aerts or kickboxing fans. K-1 has their own channel on youtube, where they post a crap ton of fights.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.25.2012 | 1:38 AM ET

thanks for the info Wish, I'm definitely checking that out 

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’