Tapology Forums

MMA Hater Alert - Read at your own risk!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

03.09.2011 | 11:16 AM ET

These types of articles make me so pissed because you know that there are people who will read it that don't know any better, and believe every word of it.

It's about MMA and the Maximum Fighting show coming to Ontario.

http://www.windsorstar.com/health/Anne+Jarvis+turns+stomach/4393822/story.html#ixzz1GC8vmH5n

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Responses

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

03.09.2011 | 11:32 AM ET

WOW! that **** is ridiculous...although, this seems to be a constant reaction from people who hear about it first, are "appauled" by what they hear, and no amount of factual information to the contrary can convince them that mma IS safe...ugh

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

03.09.2011 | 11:35 AM ET

This turns MY stomach. I'm surprised people still think like this.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

03.09.2011 | 11:46 AM ET

100% of people who think like this are over the age of 40 and are appauled by weed, hip hop, black people, non english speaking americans, and gay people....about as ridiculous as those arguements too

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.09.2011 | 11:47 AM ET

That is ******* stupid .... Anyone who thinks like this needs to get a brain check...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

03.09.2011 | 11:57 AM ET

Sigh. She digs up 2 deaths from the entire history of the sport (never once in a major promotion like MFC, mind you). Meanwhile I saw an HBO show the other day about cheerleading and how it's insanely unsafe.  Paralyzing injuries and death are commonplace as these girls flip around and break their necks. But, I guess since the INTENT of cheerleading isn't to break your neck, it doesn't count.

"I live, I die, I live again."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.09.2011 | 12:01 PM ET

I like how you said "digs up" in reference to deaths. What was the intent of that choice of words?

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

03.09.2011 | 12:15 PM ET

Ha, no intent... probably a poor choice of words. Just meant that the author must have set out to find that piece of info specifically.  Nobody on MMA sites, sports sites, etc... are talking about deaths in MMA (because it's almost never happened).  She had to go find that single piece of info from a gazillion articles about MMA.

"I live, I die, I live again."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.09.2011 | 12:19 PM ET

How many more deaths is there in boxing than in mma ? how many ? Countless ... Tihs really pisses me off .... You have to be a complete idiot to think like this.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

03.09.2011 | 12:42 PM ET

shes just old school and obviously wants to hate! instead of stating facts shes using her own opinion and trying to make it sound way worse than it ishonestly boxing is way worse for your health not mma

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

03.09.2011 | 12:47 PM ET

im going to repost this article on other forums just so people can hate her lol

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

Samson
Samson
  • Predictions:  1,142  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  210
  • Post Score: 187

03.09.2011 | 1:38 PM ET

The problem is that the MFC is coming to town...pretty violent. If the UFC were coming to town they could bring fighters like Jon Fitch and there wouldn't be a problem. Just kidding......Anne Jarvis does look like a 65 year old man though.

"In 96' Royce Gracie made me tap...one of many."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.09.2011 | 3:18 PM ET

havent looked at this article but from seeing other people's responses its clear its nothing that hasnt been heard before.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.09.2011 | 3:34 PM ET

From the way the article reads it does appear she has at least watched some MMA before she tears into it...she wants to hate it so be it...I see MMA as an athletic competition just like any other sport...Unfortunately deaths do occur when sports are played, but not often enough to start saying they must be banned...everyone that has ever stepped onto a field, court, ring or cage knows there are some serious consequences that could come of it and yet we still do it because of our love to compete...if MMA was to be banned then all sports would need to be banned they are just as dangerous!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.09.2011 | 11:15 PM ET

I've lived in Ontario my entire life and have been an MMA fan since I was 9 or 10. This has taught me 2 things. 1. Ontario is the Uptight anus of Canada, we have a surplus of mediocore politions, a higher drinking age than the two provinces we are sandwhiched between and can't even by alcohol unless the retail venue has a LCBO license (which most convince and grocery stores don't other than wine). The Second thing i've learned is their are always going to be whiney, ******* finding something to complain about. MMA is an easy target, this lady is probably not gettin any D action from the hubby and thus has an incredible amount of free time to sit around and hate on things that she would usually be indifferent too. I feel bad for the lady more than I am shocked. Having said that sooo stoked MMA is finally in Ontario!!! going to T.O.  for the 129 insainity can't wait for more MMA in the province. Especially looking forward to some events in the Capital city!

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

03.10.2011 | 1:51 AM ET

She's absolutely correct, I mean look at Randy Couture, that guy can barely speak, wait a minute, yes he can, and better than most. She's associating those deaths with Dana and the UFC, when the UFC has had no deaths. If I was Dana I'd go ape-**** over this article, she's a damn naive idiot who's searched for the worst incidences, when the sport wasn't sanctioned and focused on them instead of the tens of thousands of other fights where there were no injuries. The fighters with the big promotions are far more professional nowadays anyway, who choose to be there. I think Joe Rogan should pay her a surprise visit and pummel her dumbness with some astute logic as to why she's so wrong.

"I Get Better."

TheMope
TheMope
  • Predictions:  101  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  65
  • Post Score: 46

03.10.2011 | 2:51 AM ET

The weakness of her argument is in the article, she uses hockey as an example of traumatic encephalopathy, which can pretty much develop with any full contact sport where the brain takes a bunch of hits. It's also ridiculous that she asks if Liberals are so desperate for votes that they'd sanction MMA events, because Conservatives HATE full contact sports right?

"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is Me. The Other is Godzilla."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.10.2011 | 4:14 AM ET

Appauling, she's got so many facts! NOT, what a dumbass. Let's not even mention the sister combat sport called boxing and all the deaths that have occured in that sport right? Perhaps she should've written a story about the high school BBall player who died on the court after making the game winning shot. Perhaps they shouldn't allow anyone to shoot the ball in the last 10 seconds of BBall games now because of the fear that they will die, right? I'm not even sure how this women can be considered a journalist by writing an article with nearly no facts to support her real case, or investigating other sports. She mentions football but doesn't say a word about half of the players who can hardly get out of bed by the age of 45. I'd love to piss on her cherios......
TheMope
TheMope
  • Predictions:  101  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  65
  • Post Score: 46

03.10.2011 | 4:37 AM ET

bklettke that is way inappropriate. Do you know how many people die every year from "piss on cherrios" related injuries? Probably none, ever, but it sounds really scary when you use fear mongering. :)

"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is Me. The Other is Godzilla."

Babywads
Babywads
  • Predictions:  767  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  129
  • Post Score: 116

03.11.2011 | 6:51 AM ET

Maybe if she watched Jon Fitch fight, she wouldn't think MMA was so brutal.

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  296  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

03.11.2011 | 9:04 PM ET

In my opinion the best way to experience it is either to train/fight/watch and when you watch some of the other ORGs who dont care about there image I see can cause problems for the sports image.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round
  • Middle Easy : Lorenzo Hunt Suffers Horrific Elbow Injury in Opening Round Against Mick Terrill – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : Terrill Defends Heavyweight Title After Hunt Breaks His Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 live blog: Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Disappointed Ben Rothwell claims quick injury TKO win over Todd Duffee
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Ben Rothwell bulldozes through Todd Duffee in 43 seconds