Tapology Forums

UFC Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

kooldownp
kooldownp
  • Predictions:  226  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 13

03.09.2011 | 8:42 AM ET

Do you think the UFC will ever have women fighters? Why/why not?

Also, please follow me! I only have one person and would really appreciate if more would follow.

Thanks

Responses

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.09.2011 | 8:49 AM ET

I don't think they'll have women fighters for at least 5 more years. Look how long it took them to fold all of the WEC into the UFC and take on the lighter weight classes.... The thing i look at the most right now is how many household names are there in womens fighting? Gina Carano, Marloes Connen, Christianne Santos, Sarah Kaufman and Zoila Frausto are the ones who come to my mind first. I mean Cyborg Santos is looking at possibly joining the WWE because SF has no more fights for her right now. I commend SF for taking the risk and pushing Gina Carano, but since she lost womens MMA has taken a serious downward spiral. They banked all they had into her and now they're reeping the "lack of benefits" for it. I for one would love to see it, but just as MMA as a whole took a long time to be socially accepted, womens MMA will also take a long time. There just aren't enough women fighters with tons of competitive experience to make interesting fights for any of their weight classes at this time.
kooldownp
kooldownp
  • Predictions:  226  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 13

03.09.2011 | 8:59 AM ET

I agree and I am not sure who wants to see the women. My wife sure doesn't. She won't even watch them.

I don't like watching them either. I wonder what Dana has to say about it?

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.09.2011 | 9:01 AM ET

I dont think they will or should.... I really think watching women in the cage is kinda disturbing no offence to them or anything....

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.09.2011 | 9:10 AM ET

Dana White has been anti women's MMA from the beginning. Myself, i'd watch it if it was competitive, but like i said above womens MMA is currently at the state of where MMA was as a whole 10 years ago and given the current rise of MMA and popularity increase i think it hurts womens MMA more than helps it....

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

03.09.2011 | 9:11 AM ET

the sport is still evolving, womans mma is still in its infancy, hell just 3 years ago, they werent even fighting for 5 minutes, nor did they have 5, 5 round championship fights. they are still forming weight classes for them. I think in a few years they will be more woman participating and it will spread. I think we have at least 5 years before it hits the UFC but it will... i love watching woman fight!

"fresh outta Oakland..."

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.09.2011 | 9:20 AM ET

I'd watch it! I have only see a couple of women mma fights. But out of the ones ive seen have been pretty entertaining, Couture vs Vera had a nice tko and great display of Vera's elbows. Plus it was just a very compelling fight considering their husbands (now or soon to be ex husband in couture's case) were competing around the same time, and Coenen vs Carmouche was a pretty good back and forth fight. Do I see it in UFC any time soon NO as I don't believe their is a big enough market for it yet for Zuffa to want to even attempt it.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

03.09.2011 | 9:47 AM ET

For the UFC, I don't think women's MMA is developed enough in terms of weight classes and number of fighters who are ready for the big time. However it's developing quickly and there are more and more talented women who seem to be coming in from wrestling, judo, kickboxing, etc.

Women's individual sports are really popular - tennis, golf - and I don't think MMA is any different.  It could be a big market and another set of divisions and champions for the UFC.  

Even though Dana White initially said "never" I believe there was a more recent quote from him where he left the door a little more open.  Agreed with bklettke that it probably wouldn't be for many years. For now they can happily let Strikeforce try and do all the hard work to get it going.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.09.2011 | 10:30 AM ET

Like Gregory mentioned there just isn't the depth of talent to support a division. UFC doesn't do things like a lot of promoters. Most promoters are just concerned with things 1 fight at a time; where the UFC is concerned about supporting a division. SF right now has no opponent for Cyborg as we start to close in on a year without a fight. UFC builds and supports and promotes an entire roster of fighters and there smallest divisions still have at least 20 fighters. 

You look at SF womens 145 division and there is like 5 fighters and none who are close to Cyborg. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

03.09.2011 | 10:32 AM ET

What i've heard from dana is that he is open to the idea but the only reason he's not is beacause he thinks there is not enough talent in the area.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.09.2011 | 10:36 AM ET

ya i dont find women beating the **** out of eachother appealing at all......thats prob sexist but ah well

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  296  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

03.09.2011 | 10:47 AM ET

I believe they will enter the ufc at one point they just need more superstars so the fights are more interesting. They dont want a bunch of woman with only 5 fights under there belt getting in there and not going anywhere. Plus you gotta think thats a whole sub division. They would need to pay those fighters and a bunch of other things I agree with who said an earlier post that it would take about 5 more years for them to be in the picture.

jsebag
jsebag
  • Predictions:  670  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  151
  • Post Score: 42

03.09.2011 | 11:05 AM ET

I don't think there is enough depth (today) for the UFC to have a women's division.  I'll be honest I have seen a few exciting fights by the ladies but to go 6+ month without a fight isn't cutting it in today's MMA world.  UFC has a lot of fighters - in some cases too many so to add another division can be quite difficult while keeping all fighters on the roster happy.  I would be open to it if they were able to recruit some quality fighters that can give us entertaining fights,

"To be the man you have to beat the man"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

03.09.2011 | 11:37 AM ET

I personally like Cyborg santos. And would love to see her in the UFC

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

03.09.2011 | 12:46 PM ET

dana white said already he will never have any girls fight for the ufc, EVER

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

seanbio
seanbio
  • Predictions:  260  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  169
  • Post Score: 37

03.09.2011 | 1:05 PM ET

Cyborg should be able to take on men... She's a BEAST!

"Joe Silva could call Dan Miller at 3 in morning to tell him he's fighting Godzilla in an hour and he would take that fight."

Samson
Samson
  • Predictions:  1,142  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  210

03.09.2011 | 1:26 PM ET

You guys seriously like watching women fight, It is so ******* boring. No offense, but there is no point for Dana to have it in the UFC. He can let the sideshows put it on...he doesn't need it. I would rather see him have a "legends" fight on a card every so often. Like bring Severn back or Oleg or whatever...I'm fine with the girls that in the UFC now.

"In 96' Royce Gracie made me tap...one of many."

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

03.09.2011 | 1:58 PM ET

I 'm not so sure about the UFC having a womens division. But I love the womens fights and I wouldn't complain a bit. All the womens fights I've watched have been electric. Body slam ko's, last second subs and brutal tko's!!!!!!!!

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

Samson
Samson

03.09.2011 | 2:28 PM ET

Brutal tko's? I'm going to have to go with no on this one....U must be watching that PPV backyard / K-Y / women eventually taking their clothes off ****. It is not electric at all. If they were wearing different clothing maybe....
follow me though Elkisland, lol.

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

03.09.2011 | 2:39 PM ET

@Samson

Cyborg on Finney was one of the harshest TKO's I've ever seen. Or Sarah Kaufman power bombing Roxanne Modafferi. Mega Mu is an insane ground tactition. I swear you are missing out man.

I just love watching a fight. I could care less about what's under a fighters shorts.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

Samson
Samson

03.09.2011 | 2:47 PM ET

I know what yr saying....I'm just saying that the chances of that happening in a women's fight compared to a man's fight are considerably less. I know it has happened once of twice in a woman fight. But compared to watching men, it is not as electric. Thanks for the post back, by the way.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round
  • Middle Easy : Lorenzo Hunt Suffers Horrific Elbow Injury in Opening Round Against Mick Terrill – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : Terrill Defends Heavyweight Title After Hunt Breaks His Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 live blog: Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Disappointed Ben Rothwell claims quick injury TKO win over Todd Duffee
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Ben Rothwell bulldozes through Todd Duffee in 43 seconds