Topic: Muñoz vs. Weidman

Munoz vs. Weidman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,676  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,585
  • Post Score: 60

04.26.2012 | 3:34 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Munoz vs. Weidman. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 6

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.12.2012 | 5:18 PM ET

If Anderson's not taking a year between fights like normal though who should he fight?

Title fights aren't always the most deserving it comes down most of the time to who's healthy and ready at the same time

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

07.12.2012 | 6:07 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Muñoz   wrong Decision  

Michael Bisping has labored a long time in the UFC MW vineyards.  He has a mixed record.  He has said that he would be extremely pissed if the UFC gave title shots to Hector Lombard or Chris Weidman before him.

Is Michael justified in feeling slighted?  Would he have a case of being wronged by being bumped in the 'title shot pecking order'?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1256680-michael-bisping-wants-fight-with-chris-weidman-for-no-1-contender-spot

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

07.12.2012 | 6:11 PM ET

Lol. Everyone was calling out Bisping, and now Bisping's calling out everyone else. Weidman deserves it more anyway, Bisping poses zero threat to Anderson, and Weidman could potentially be his worst nightmare.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

07.12.2012 | 6:50 PM ET

But would that be fair to Bisping.  Hasn't he paid more dues?  Is fairness even relevant in who gets title shots?

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,753  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,786
  • Post Score: 273

07.12.2012 | 6:56 PM ET

Who in their right mind would want to see pillow hands Bisping against Anderson Silva? No one. Nobody. Ever.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

07.12.2012 | 6:59 PM ET

What a ridiculous statement @Flying_Frontkick!

Have you been hit in the face with a pillow before bro! THAT **** HURTS :P

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

07.12.2012 | 7:10 PM ET

@bill i understand where you're coming from, but just because you've been around doesn't mean you deserve a shot at the title. If Bisping can tally two wins against solid competition, then okay, he would deserve a shot. Weidman is a horrible stylistic matchup for Anderson, and is truly the future at 185. That's what makes that matchup interesting. He's also undefeated, and has beat some mainstays in the UFC's middleweight division.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 236

07.13.2012 | 6:49 AM ET

@kallous    this is possible

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

07.13.2012 | 7:17 AM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   correct Round 2  

Bill your post on Chris Weidman and whether he is ready or not is well and truly a warped one as usual

You really want him to fight Stann,Lombard AND Sonnen before he fights Anderson...

So you want the UFC to derail 3 contenders in an extremely shallow division just so Weidman can "prove" himself even though he just wrecked the consensus no.3 guy in the division?

Sonnen got his title shot vs Anderson coming off of wins against Dan Miller,Okami and Marquardt.

Weidman has now beaten Maia and Munoz.. He destroyed Munoz and beat Maia after cutting 25+ pounds in 10 days while Sonnen couldn't beat Maia with a full camp at his disposal.

I say give him Franklin and if he gets past him then he deserves a shot at Anderson but he's one fight away from a shot...no more,no less. To say he has to fight 3 highly ranked guys is heroically misguided.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jon Jones steadfast in Stipe Miocic fight over unifying UFC titles: 'I’m in the middle of a pretty clear decision'
  • MMA Mania : Is UFC Leaving ESPN For Netflix?
  • UFC.com : Art Jimmerson, 1963 - 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Nursulton Ruziboev sees Joaquin Buckley as insecure ahead of UFC on ESPN 56: 'He talks too much'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shares Backup Proposal for Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Boxing Showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paul Hughes explains signing with PFL, says UFC ‘not as enticing to young prospects coming up’
  • UFC.com : Carlos Ulberg’s Winning Streak | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Carlos Ulberg: “It’s My Time To Shine"
  • UFC.com : Tecia Pennington: Get Ready For A Sharknado
  • UFC.com : Robelis Despaigne Is Must-See TV
  • UFC.com : Chase Hooper’s Age Is Just A Number
  • MMA Mania : Art Jimmerson, 1963-2024
  • UFC.com : Jake Hadley: Feeling At Home In Enemy Territory
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland’s head coach clarifies Khamzat Chimaev rumors, reacts to ‘dangerous’ Paulo Costa booking
  • Bad Left Hook : DAZN and WBC announce content partnership
  • Middle Easy : Ex-MMA Champion Expects Jon Jones to Make Quick Work of Alex Pereira in Potential Clash: ‘It’s Over in Like Two Minutes’
  • MMA Junkie : Art Jimmerson, UFC 1 pioneer and professional boxer, dead at 60
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Set Lines On Drake Vs Kendrick Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Usman sleeps Masvidal, a Shevchenko head kick and more UFC legendary moments without commentary
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Misfits Boxing 14 Press Conference Video!