Topic: Silva vs. Sonnen II

Silva vs. Sonnen II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

04.26.2012 | 2:56 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Sonnen II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 9

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.03.2012 | 3:18 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Sonnen   wrong Decision  

I'm so pissed I have to go in media black out mode Saturday night since I have a playoff game that was supposed to be at 2p and has been moved to 7p now and will just watch the replay on Sunday!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,086  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

07.03.2012 | 3:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@Soccer Well, that sucks but you are picking Sonnen, so it's gonna be a disappointment for you anyway. :P

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.03.2012 | 3:30 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Sonnen   wrong Decision  

Haha nice!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

07.03.2012 | 3:43 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

@Soccerkick That sucks man... I'll be working an 8 hour shift in a kitchen and then I'll have to stay up until 4 am to see the fight so I'm expecting to literally blackout before the fight happens haha

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

07.03.2012 | 4:21 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Sonnen   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

look at the avatar -------------->

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

07.03.2012 | 4:27 PM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

07.03.2012 | 4:38 PM ET

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

07.03.2012 | 4:41 PM ET

watching the press conference now. Chaels first words and he's immediately rhyming. **** MY LIFE. Just be Chael damn it!

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

07.03.2012 | 4:41 PM ET

did he lean in and like almost kiss him???

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349

07.03.2012 | 6:10 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Here´s the press conference video in case you haven´t watched it yet

IMO Chael looked a bit scared

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

07.03.2012 | 6:22 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

SOOO PUMPED..VEGAS IN 2 DAYS FOR ME!!! AS SANCHEZ WANTS SAID, "YES! YES! YES!"

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

itfigures
itfigures
  • Predictions:  37,284  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,455
  • Post Score: 279

07.03.2012 | 6:54 PM ET

I'd love to know what he said when he leaned in, at first I thought he was throwing a little kissy poo at him but def seems like he said something. So far, Chael looks better than he has for his last couple fights. He looked like hell at the weigh-in for the Bisping fight, really gaunt and drawn out. Very jealous ufcchick!
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.03.2012 | 7:16 PM ET

i think dana gives it away. he has a big ass smile with his head almost down when they were getting "pulled" apart. i think it would be good for the sport if sonnen somehow won this cause most of the" mildly interested" fans would want to see a trilogy as long as the second fight was good.
OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,082  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

07.03.2012 | 7:59 PM ET

@legacy,

Sonnen isn't scared. Neither one is scared. Silva tries for a reaction and doesn't get one.

It's a staredown. I've seen guys in fights who look terrified win by first round KO and I've seen guys who look confident and pissed get destroyed. The only true answer we will get is when they meet in the cage this weekend.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

07.03.2012 | 8:05 PM ET

I said scared because he has a big mouth and everybody know how he likes to talk **** but when he was confronted face to face he looked down, ultimately I know that doesn´t mean much, except that he doesn´t believe all his talking.
there´s only 4 days left!

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,082  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

07.03.2012 | 8:51 PM ET

@legacy,

Maybe. I could also say that at 0:15 when Sonnen moves forward Silva backs up a little bit. Does that mean that Silva is scared of Sonnen? Maybe... but it's just a staredown.

The thing is, Sonnen is not the same person as he is when doing interviews. Sonnen knows that he is in Silva's head. Silva tried to get a response and didn't get anything. Sonnen's played this game before.

The thing is, Chael doesn't really stare into most of his opponents. In fact, he pretty much looks the same in most of his weigh ins/staredowns:

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

07.03.2012 | 9:31 PM ET

@Old

I didn't finished my post because I was getting out of work (i'm a productive man, ha ha)

I don't think Sonnen was really scared I just thought he looked a bit scared and certainly he didn't looked as ****y as his usual, I've never noticed that he doesn't look at his opponents so that was also part of why I thought that. 

I know that he plays a character in every fight but I think there's a line that everyone should respect, you don't talk **** about another  country or makes comments about his/her family. I normally don't mind the trash talk (Nick is one of my fav. fighters) but he crosses that line. Aside from that I just never liked Sonnen that much, to me it's a cheater, he used illegal substances and was convicted of fraud and money laundering, to me he's just not a cool guy, and I think he is a good fighter but not as good as most ppl seem to think so.

ICEMAN23
ICEMAN23
  • Predictions:  2,885  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 77

07.03.2012 | 11:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I used to think Sonnen was just a funny dude and was just having fun talking ****. But this dude is very disrespectful. Idk if it just a front that Sonnen is putting on to promote this fight. But he sounds like a ****y brick. The more he talks the more people turn against him.
ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

07.03.2012 | 11:18 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@itfigures Thanks! I'm super pumped! Seeing Anderson fight live has been on my bucket list for a while now..I just hope these two fighters come in ready to Bang! :D

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

07.03.2012 | 11:25 PM ET

Just put it this way, if Silva said the **** that Sonnen said, ****tin on american, american mma legends, and somebodys family. People would want Silva's head on a platter

"3HUNNA"

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dana White Allows Derrick Lewis And Other UFC Fighters To Join WWE, Rips Vince McMahon
  • MMA Junkie : Video: John Fury bloodied from head butt to Oleksandr Usyk team member ahead of Tyson Fury's title unifier
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I want to fight the very best fighter’: Crowley hopes to see best version of Ennis, July 13
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I want to fight the very best fighter’: Cody Crowley hopes to see best version of Jaron Ennis
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (May 6-May 12)
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch John Fury left bloodied after headbutting Oleksandr Usyk team member
  • Bad Left Hook : John Fury headbutts Team Usyk member, busts self open
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Something I’ve never done’: Fury say undisputed just icing on the cake
  • MMAFighting.com : Ihor Potieria files appeal following UFC 301 loss to Michel Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: Waldo Cortes-Acosta's win over Robelis Despaigne 'sh*ttiest fight of the night' at UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Mania : No ‘McHoe’ For Buckley
  • MMA Mania : PFL Sioux Falls Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Jose Aldo, Darren Till, Chase Hooper, David Feldman, Turki Alalshikh, Cherneka Johnson, and more at 12 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : How to watch Bellator Champions Series – Paris: Who's fighting, lineup, start time, broadcast info
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thug Nasty’ Accepts UFC St. Louis Callout: ‘I Need Some Money’
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! Barboza Battles Murphy At APEX!
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White downplays Jon Jones’ interest in Alex Pereira, targets Stipe Miocic title fight in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson first press conference live stream from New York (5:30 p.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Tour – Abu Dhabi 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : White: New UFC Deal Struck Because Saudi Arabia ‘Wanted Power Slap’