Tapology Forums

Say hello to the flyweights!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

03.07.2011 | 11:22 AM ET

In the new issue of Fighter's Only. There was an article that said Dana has said that he will make the new weightclass and that it will happen "Sonner than you think".I don't know any flyweights but i do know that a majority of thom are from japan so maybe there will finally be a japanese champion.Who do you think should move down? I personally think Antonio banuelos would rule.Also Faber would do great! Your thoughts?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Responses

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

03.07.2011 | 11:28 AM ET

mighty mouse could make flyweight. i don't know a lot about the weight class but he'd be my pick for its first champion.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.07.2011 | 11:32 AM ET

japanese champ wud be cool

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.07.2011 | 1:50 PM ET

I'm going to be champ of that weight class.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.07.2011 | 1:59 PM ET

I also don't know much about flyweights but am defenetly open for another weight class in the UFC. A Japanese champ would be cool, but I think skelliher is my pick for the camp, as I like his attitude!

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

03.07.2011 | 2:01 PM ET

Ian Mccall apparently is trying out for tuf. If no one else from UFC drops down to BW he would certainly be champ.

"We Are All One"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

03.07.2011 | 2:41 PM ET

I want to see them add a 225 pound weight division for all the small heavyweights and big light heavyweights.  I'm sure Dana's talking about adding a flyweight division, but hopefully someday we get to see a cruiserweight division added.  It would have the advantage of being packed with big stars from both the light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions right from that start.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.07.2011 | 3:43 PM ET

id like to see a flyweight divsion but theres isnt much depth yet. i dont think all the guys from japan would immeniately want to come over.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.07.2011 | 3:50 PM ET

I not only agree 100% with this but I have also been advocaiting it for some time now. In the last two years the heavyweight division has begun to get incredibley dense! Not only Have the fighters been getting more skillful but there is also an increasingly numerous amount of fighters pushing the 265 weight limit, and fighters who have to cut down to 265. There is an enormous gap between 207lbs (eventhough I am quite sure there are know fighters currently that small at the heavyweight division) and fighters who have to cut down to 265. Just think of the size gap that there is between fighters in the HW division with guys like Tim Sylvia 6'8 311lbs in his last fight, 6'3 264lbs in his last fight, Shane Carwin, 6'2, 264lbs in his last fight,  Mariusz Pudzianowski 6'1 260 in his last fight, Antonio Silva 6'4 264 in his last fight vs guys like Fedor 6' 230lbs is his last fight, Crocop 6'2 , 227lbs in his last fight, Pat Barry, 5'11 240lbs in his last fight. Thats not even taking into account big LHWs who could easily make 225, Forest Griffin, Rampage Jackson, Rashad Evans, Bones Jones ect.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

03.07.2011 | 3:51 PM ET

Joey Benavidez vs. Mighty Mouse would certainly produce the top 125 lbs. fighter in the world.  All the guys signed with Tachi right now should come over, along with some Japanese guys, but as with 145 and 135, the best of the lighter divisions usually come from the heavier weight classes and guys dropping down.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'
  • MMAFighting.com : One-time WBC title challenger Artur Szpilka has wild walkout at KSW 94, then gets iced in 14 seconds
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Confirms Jon Jones Will Face Stipe Miocic Not Alex Pereira, Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Sets New Record In Gate Sales
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Joaquin Buckley after UFC on ESPN 56 win?
  • Bad Left Hook : Grading the Fury vs Usyk PPV undercard
  • MMA Mania : Khabib’s Next Opponent: The Russian Tax Service?
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Askren: If Alex Pereira fights Jon Jones, ‘there’s a chance it’s over in like two and a half minutes’
  • Middle Easy : Report: Khabib Nurmagomedov Owes Russian Government $3 Million Of Unpaid Taxes
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis wants a WWE side hustle, but not at the expense of his UFC career
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White rips Stephen Espinoza, reveals Conor McGregor’s return generating first $20M live gate for UFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 post-event facts: Derrick Lewis builds on knockout record, and is coming for more history
  • Middle Easy : Vasiliy Lomachenko TKO’s George Kambosos To Become Champion Again – (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : The Conor McGregor effect: Dana White confirms UFC 303 gate record at 'way over $20 million'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 Fight of the Night: Best photos from Trey Waters vs. Billy Goff in St. Louis
  • MMA Mania : ‘It Doesn’t Smell Bad At All’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card gets new addition