Tapology Forums

Ufc Light Heavyweight Division

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

seanok100
seanok100
  • Predictions:  778  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 75

04.24.2012 | 9:34 AM ET

What would you guys do if you could play fantasy match maker with this divison considering only real important fight booked is Bones vs Hendo.

Rashad vs Shogun

Machida vs Bader

Gustaffson vs Rampage

Phil Davis vs Thiago Silva

Stephan Bonnar vs Lil Nog

I'm sure i've left some out but what do you guys think and what match ups would you make?

"Stop complaining about the ground game! If you dont like it watch boxing!"

Responses

hammermars
hammermars
  • Predictions:  624  |  64.6%
  • Post Score: 63

04.24.2012 | 10:08 AM ET

machida vs shogun , gustafson vs davis
seanok100
seanok100
  • Predictions:  778  |  59.0%
  • Post Score: 75

04.24.2012 | 10:33 AM ET

The only downside there though is davis and gustafsson have already fought so i'm just assuming that they won't do that again. I think they are buliding him to be a fight or 2 away from a title shot so i expect him to get a name fighter not davis who is coming off a loss. I know Rampage is coming off 2 loses but its the fact he has the name recognition that could send gustafsson to the next level with a win

"Stop complaining about the ground game! If you dont like it watch boxing!"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.24.2012 | 10:40 AM ET

Gustaffson vs Bader

Shogun vs Evans

Nog vs. Rampage

Machida vs. Phil Davis

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

04.24.2012 | 2:04 PM ET

I like Poir's matchups plus  Vera/Diabate, Silva/Cane, & Nedkov/TeHuna

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

nibrack11
nibrack11
  • Predictions:  483  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  361
  • Post Score: 112

04.24.2012 | 2:32 PM ET

i looked at the match ups that everybody else put i wanted to put some different ones that i think would be awesome match ups:

gustafsson vs machida 
i know this wont happen right now but Rashad vs Hendo
Davis vs Bader

i like poir's match ups aswell, he had some i thought would be great match ups.

* Edited at 04.24.2012, 2:34 PM ET *

"The Road To Success Is Always Under Construction!!!!"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’
  • UFC.com : Exciting Fighters You Might Not Know | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • UFC.com : Coach Conversation | Alexandre Pantoja vs Steve Erceg
  • Bad Left Hook : Turki Alalshikh targets Wilder vs Anderson on Aug. 3
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier gives advice to Ilia Topuria after ‘not coming off great’ in booking first title defense
  • UFC.com : UFC Rankings Report | Week of April 29, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Step up and face that man’: Bradley says if Canelo has any dignity he’ll face Benavidez
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Step up and face that man’: Tim Bradley says if Canelo has any dignity he’ll take on David Benavidez
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Docked $30k From His Fight Purse After Attempting to Punch a Fan at UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul, Mike Tyson announce two-city press conference tour for Netflix boxing match
  • MMA Mania : US Maintains Level 2 Travel Advisory For Brazil
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Reacts To UFC 304’s ‘Absolutely Terrible’ Timing, Offers Solution For UK Fans
  • MMAFighting.com : Claressa Shields’ takeaway from first 3 MMA fights: ‘I have potential to be an MMA champion’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier uses Dustin Poirier as example to argue Justin Gaethje one win from UFC title shot
  • MMAFighting.com : Copa Combate winner Ramiro Jimenez re-signs with Combate Global to new multi-fight deal
  • UFC.com : BRAZILIAN BREAKDOWN | UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : NAC pushes back on proposed Igor Severino punishment for UFC bite, cites 'unbelievably dangerous' precedent
  • MMAFighting.com : Referee, judges assigned for Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia