Tapology Forums

Diaz vs Condit 2?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.06.2012 | 12:51 AM ET

source mma weekly. if dana said he was a little interested you know they would pay both fighters alot of money to do it. anybody got the PPV numbers yet? i wondered when i watch the fight the second time if diaz just stopped in the middle of the ring and just stood there that condit would have to engaged. i hope it happens.

Responses Page 2

ladylover213
ladylover213
  • Predictions:  5,411  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: 48

02.06.2012 | 3:11 PM ET

an immediatly rematch is utterly stupid.

i say diaz fights ellenberger and kos fights hendricks.

and as for the back peddling and saying condit lost because he ran is completely ignorant.

just because he fought a way u didnt like doesnt mean he lost, he had a perfect gameplan and utilized it perfect.

"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

02.06.2012 | 3:23 PM ET

The ******* in the lazy boy is buying $60 pay-per-views and spending $250 for a Nose Bleed ticket. Can you tell me you enjoyed that fight? That all the hype, back story, etc. came together and produced a fantastic 25 minutes of fighting? I know I can't say that. Jacksons MMA produces really great strategists; guys that are really good at "not to losing" but few fighters.

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.06.2012 | 3:26 PM ET

did you see the guy kick his tv twice when the decision was announced in diaz/ condit fight? first kick was not too hard but second kick broke the flatscreen. i think it was on middleeasy news section yesterday. somebody said tv won b/c it took first kick so well.
ladylover213
ladylover213

02.06.2012 | 3:30 PM ET

fighters job isnt to impress the fans. their job is to win the fight.

football players dont care about great catches, they care to win.

whoever is disrespecting condit for this fight is an idiot. why wuld he ever let diaz push him against the cage and hit him? tht is absolutely rediculous

"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.06.2012 | 3:31 PM ET

Just want to say about everyone saying that Condit isn't a finisher, but Diaz is, I'd just like to point out that Diaz did say he was okay with going to decision, so he didn't even try to get the armlock. That's just stupid. He decided to NOT try for the finish when he believed he could get it. At least when Condit wasn't trying for the finish, it was because he didn't think he could knock Diaz out.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

02.06.2012 | 3:32 PM ET

yes i can say the fight was exciting, i'm not an idiot. so i don't get caught up in the ufc hype machine. they made hardy/gsp sound like a toss up in the primetime specials. since then, i could care less about the build up for the fighters. i also don't care about the build up for the superbowl. i watched the superbowl, because i am a fan of football...

you're watchin for the commercials

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

ladylover213
ladylover213

02.06.2012 | 3:34 PM ET

condit has 28 wins, 13 knockouts and 13 submissions. his ONLY 2 decision wins are against jake ellenberger and nick diaz. two VERY good fighters. out of 28 wins and u finish everybody except those two and people still complain...smh

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

02.06.2012 | 3:42 PM ET

@jmcdowell, did you really think that fight was boring? If so, I'm not sure we were watching the same fight. Condit had a brilliant game plan and stuck to it. There were always strikes being thrown, and just because he didn't sit against the cage and allow Diaz to hit him with tons of body shots people are getting upset with him. Like @ladylover was saying, Condit has finished almost all of his opponents, Diaz has a great chin and Carlos knew he had a better chance at being technical and using movement then he did knocking him out. Not a boring fight at all in my eyes, if you can't appreciate the technicality of the stand up game just as much as the one punch knockout power, you are really missing out on some of the beauty of MMA. 

"Frig off, bud"

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

02.06.2012 | 3:51 PM ET

We'll agree to disagree, I guess

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

ladylover213
ladylover213

02.06.2012 | 3:59 PM ET

@michigandolphin agreed completely

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.06.2012 | 4:05 PM ET

I don't think it's completely necessary, but it's certainly something I'd watch. I don't think Condit's camp is going to accept a rematch though.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

ladylover213
ladylover213

02.06.2012 | 4:17 PM ET

the rematch is inevitable but an instant one is idiotic.

but condit will beat gsp, nick will keep winning and eventually they will meet sumwhere down the road again

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.06.2012 | 4:29 PM ET

This might be the most hilarious comment I've seen in a message board or a comments section about the Diaz/Condit fight.

"People can't score a fight. Did the judges not see all the head strikes that Diaz landed to Condit's fists, knees, and elbows? All you have to do is look at the massive damage to Condit's knuckles to clearly see that Diaz used his face to inflict major damage to Condit's hands."

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

02.06.2012 | 4:44 PM ET

I like how not fighting is brilliant. So, at the top levels of mma running and blocking are the best skills.
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218

02.06.2012 | 4:46 PM ET

Are you seriously still going on about this?

Dragging your back foot and throwing soft punches doesn't exactly win you fights either.

You're a fool.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

ladylover213
ladylover213

02.06.2012 | 4:47 PM ET

that comment is rediculous. since when is fighting only standing in the middle of the cage trading? if all u wanna see is people stand and trade ur watching the wrong sport bro. he fought SMART

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

02.06.2012 | 4:53 PM ET

Yes Brad,blocking is one of the more recommended tactics in MMA........... 

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,212  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

02.06.2012 | 4:54 PM ET

If they gave a split DEC, maybe it would be more digest.!!
im not worry bout' dana's plan..

Maybe in 2 weeks we can see more clearly..!!

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

DCan91
DCan91
  • Predictions:  81  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 171

02.06.2012 | 5:03 PM ET

Nick absolutely deserves a rematch. Either you give points for octagon control or you don't. When the stand up is even that is a key factor behind judging each round. I find it very telling that most fighters (and ppl that train) think Diaz won, and the fans tend to favor the Condit decision. I would love to see those two fight again.
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218

02.06.2012 | 5:06 PM ET

Octagon control is not just standing there and pointing at your own face while screaming obscenities.

That's just being an idiot.

Getting out of tough spots and landing shots over and over,

that's real octagon control.

Notice how Nick's gameplan never worked? That doesn't sound like control to me.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : June P4P Top 10: Who’s the top dog between Inoue, Crawford, and Usyk?
  • Jits Magazine : Bo Nickal Eager For Craig Jones Invitational: ‘Get Me In There’
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results, 2 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Lucas ‘Hulk’ Barbosa Enters Under 80kg Division At Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilder vs. Zhang Results: Live updates of the boxing 5v5 undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Stickland Unloads On Keyboard Warrior Belal
  • MMA Junkie : Logan Paul offers to replace Mike Tyson to fight brother Jake Paul
  • MMA Mania : New And Improved!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video and photo gallery
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland explains why he turned down Nick Diaz to fight at UFC 302 instead
  • MMA Mania : Video! ‘Diamond’ Mobbed By Fans On Lafayette Street
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – June 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul reacts to Mike Tyson boxing fight postponement: 'I'm heartbroken'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 preview show: Will Dustin Poirier actually finish his story against Islam Makhachev?
  • Middle Easy : Nick Diaz’s UFC Return At 41 Labeled ‘Much More Dangerous’, Given Chance vs. Gunshy Contender
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Gambling Preview: Can Dustin Poirier pull off the upset against Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Vs. Paul Postponed
  • MMA Junkie : Video: WWE champion Cody Rhodes cuts promo for Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302: 'Finish your story'