Topic: Jones vs. Evans

Jones vs. Evans

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,768  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,644
  • Post Score: 60

01.28.2012 | 10:28 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Jones vs. Evans. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

sugadamn
sugadamn
  • Predictions:  181  |  53.6%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 97

02.17.2012 | 11:13 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Evans   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

evans by submission id bet on it
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,161  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

02.17.2012 | 11:36 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Submission for Evans is the one thing I wouldn't bet on actually but I''m curious to see if Rashad can take Jones down or not. If he can't it should be Jones' fight all the way...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

02.24.2012 | 4:55 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Evans   wrong Decision  

I agree, Jones isnt a very good striker but his reach allows him to be okay at it and then use wrestling and his amazing strength and leverage to throw people around. Basically if Rashad cannot take Jones to the ground then he is going to have a long night of getting thrown around and dominated.
Of course, this is just my opinion :)

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

02.24.2012 | 5:21 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Evans   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Jones will lose to Evans then go up to HW ... win once or twice. He will then face Cain or JDS and get knocked the **** out ... this will cause him to never leave his home and watch the DVDs of when people gave a **** about him.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

02.24.2012 | 5:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Or more than likely he wipes the floor with Suga and continues to do so at HW. The scariest thing about Jones is that he will only get better and nobody can touch him now.

"I Get Better."

MattERodgers544
MattERodgers544
  • Predictions:  843  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  191
  • Post Score: 189

03.01.2012 | 10:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Rashad is good, but no match for Jones. Jon Jones by Submission in the later rounds.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

Crazycarlos
Crazycarlos
  • Predictions:  130  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 137

03.10.2012 | 9:50 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I'm kinda bored about people thinking that a Fighter has no chance fighting another one. Like Dana White said : " Anything can happen. Of course you can predict that it will be hard for someone depending on your point of view. People should try to argument more their points than just saying : Rashad has no chance but who am I to tell people how to predict a fight huh ? It is just a lack of MMA understanding. That said , here is what I predict. Let's start first with Rashad chances. Rashad is fast on the stand up, moves a lot and has a decent striking ability even though we don't see him as a Ko artist. This way he might find a way to get closer to Jones and try some take downs  because he has good very good wrestling ability. Even though Rashad know Jones because they trained together, it will be useless in this fight as both of them growed a lot from last year. He could find a way to bring jones down a lot and winning the rounds and maybe the fights but i don't see him finishing the fight. Now let's go to Jones. Jones is my favorite in this fight. I think he will be able to keep distance and damage Rashad and if he does he will easily

bring Rashad down as he did to all his last opponents. Even though Rashad might be able to bring him down, Jones will be aware of that and be prepared and will be able to get back up to his feet easily. Eventually Rashad will get caught with Jones striking and will finish the game via TKO or submission.
Prediction : Jones Via submission 2nd round

What do you think ?

"GSP for the win"

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

03.10.2012 | 9:52 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Evans   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I expect a good fight.. I actually think Rashad has a good chance...
putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 236

03.11.2012 | 8:42 AM ET

i see jones keeping rashad at bay with his reach and rashad unable to take jones down,   

stylisticly id say jones by ud but given the history these two have i see the agression being there for both fighters and so i give jones the tko in the 2nd or maybe the 3rd

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

TidalWave89
TidalWave89
  • Predictions:  3,246  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  116
  • Post Score: 129

03.11.2012 | 4:25 PM ET

"Bones" all the way. I think he'll keep Rashad away from him on the feet, while throwing a few flashy strikes and work in takedowns and finish with GnP.

"Anderson Silva, YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK!"

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

03.11.2012 | 8:00 PM ET

I see Jones winning in dominate fashion
But i will be yelling for Rashad all the way and ill be hoping for the opposite 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

arcon
arcon
  • Predictions:  553  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  84
  • Post Score: 142

03.13.2012 | 5:01 AM ET

I dont get why everyone counts out Rashad. I think he has the tools to take jones out. Rashad has proven to be one of the smartest fighters in the 205lb division, so if anyone can find holes in JBJ's game its Evans. Add to that his speed advantage and we could be looking at an upset.

On the ground they are both wrestlers and Rashad is more highly regarded there, that being said Jones has proven to be a great MMA wrestler as well. I would think that the wrestling will be a wash with no clear winner. Then we look at Rashad who has in addition to his wrestling a black belt in both BJJ and Gaidojutsu VS Jones well no belts (dont get me wrong he isn't a slouch in BJJ or Gaidojutsu since he trains with Greg Jackson) giving Evans the edge.

Some say that Jones striking is a lot better than Evans but I don't think so. Yes we know that Evans lost to Machida and Jones won. When you look at it Machida was ripping Jones apart in the stand up and only lost when it came to the ground. This leaves it at Speed (evans) VS reach (JBJ) and I think Rashad is the smarter fighter so i give him the edge. 

This will be a good fight but Evans FTW!
Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

03.13.2012 | 7:48 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

His speed advantage? Rashad does have the tools, unfortunately, Bones's are bigger and longer. Jones's wrestling will be better as well as his striking, mark my words. Rashad gets decisions, Jones annihilates.

"I Get Better."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.13.2012 | 9:50 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   correct Decision  

Rashad is better at everything but sadly Bones has skills nearly as good as Rashad in a freakish Frankenstein Adonis body which makes Rashad and pretty much everyone else's skills near void! I will be rooting for Rashad no doubt but Bones takes this in a fight that ends up being closer then everyone expects

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.13.2012 | 10:54 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I've already put some cash on Rashad!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

03.13.2012 | 11:11 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

LOL someone said Dana White is right when he says "anything can happen".  First of all, obviously anything can happen, it's mixed martial arts.  Second of all, this fight leans in Jones' favor wherever the fight goes and that's a fact.  The only slight advantage I give Rashad is speed and barely the wrestling advantage.  Jones is a slow fighter by choice so he can control his opponent and not let them explode.  

Dana says stuff like that because it's his JOB to do so.  Do you think he would really say that Jones is going to run through Rashad? Even if he believed it he wouldn't make it a public opinion.  That would be a horrible decision business-wise.  For me I think Jones controls this fight like he has in his previous fights.  His reach is far too tough to decipher.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,571
  • Post Score: 275

03.13.2012 | 11:24 AM ET

I think @jaffa and many others (just picking on jaffa here) significantly discount just how amazingly talented Jon Jones is.  It's not just his frame.  If it were just about frame, Stefan Struve would be an undefeated, unstoppable force.

Jones's wrestling is excellent. His striking is very well adapted to his body type, and just because he doesn't strike in a traditional way doesn't mean he lacks skills and technique.  He's practically redefined the game with how he throws spinning elbows, uses his kicks as jabs, and more.  It's all about skills and technique. And he's obviously becoming a huge submission threat.

"I live, I die, I live again."

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.13.2012 | 11:31 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I hope Bones gets a TKO/KO on Rashad, that would make me very happy!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.13.2012 | 11:53 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

@Poir If thats what you want...I'd be pulling for a KTFO since people discount Jones' power in his strikes one KO changes all that it seems!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,571
  • Post Score: 275

03.13.2012 | 12:07 PM ET

Actually I kind of misread jaffa's post... he was saying their skills were equivalent. At first I thought he was one of the people saying that his skills were inferior to Rashad's, but that the body type more than made up for it.

Sorry for picking on you jaffa.  Though I still do think you are underestimating Jones.  I don't think they're equivalent, I think Jones is on a completely different level.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : The History And Significance Of The ADCC Submission Fighting World Championship
  • UFC.com : UFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership With PCYC NSW
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘King’ Of The Jungle?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 card official with 13 bouts
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’