Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Moreno vs. Royval 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,259
  • Post Score: 47

11.19.2023 | 3:44 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 02.24.2024 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Arena CDMX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Dominick Cruz, Paul Felder, Megan Olivi
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • Attendance: 21,546
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Brandon Royval   defeats   Brandon Moreno   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Brian Ortega   defeats   Yair Rodriguez   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   0:58 Round 3 of 5, 10:58 Total Bout Page
Daniel Zellhuber   defeats   Francisco Prado   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Yazmin Jauregui   defeats   Sam Hughes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Manuel Torres   defeats   Chris Duncan   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Raoni Barcelos   defeats   Cristian Quiñonez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:04 Round 3 of 3, 12:04 Total Bout Page
Jesus Aguilar   defeats   Mateus Mendonça   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Edgar Cháirez   defeats   Daniel Lacerda   via Submission, Triangle Choke   2:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Claudio Puelles   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ronaldo Rodríguez   defeats   Denys Bondar   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:59 Round 2 of 3, 9:59 Total Bout Page
Felipe dos Santos   defeats   Victor Altamirano   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Naimov   defeats   Erik Silva   via KO/TKO, Leg Injury   0:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 7

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,104  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,509
  • Post Score: 214

02.19.2024 | 7:55 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 1128th

It's incredible how many fun fighters consistently come to the UFC from the chute boxe Diego Lima camp. There are so many of them that I end up forgeting about some.

My hype for the Felipe Dos Santos fight reminded me of Daniel Santos, where the hell is willycat and what's taking him so long to get back to the cage ? I hope he is in the brazil card.

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  427  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  871
  • Post Score: 160

02.19.2024 | 10:06 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 3765th

Some really tough fights to pick on this card. Ziam/Puelles and Aguilar/Mendonça are 2 I keep flipping back and forth on. Ziam/Puelles is just really good matchmaking. Either Ziam stuffs the takedowns, dominates the whole fight and makes everyone who picked Puelles feel stupid or Puelles gets Ziam down and sumbits him quick af and makes everyone who picked Ziam feel stupid.

"My balls was hot"

ssnith3243
ssnith3243
  • Predictions:  37  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

02.19.2024 | 10:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 4438th

Moreno vs. Royval II
Brandon Moreno, DEC
split decision moreno.

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,836  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,925
  • Post Score: 92

02.19.2024 | 10:48 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 531st

There's actually a few guys on the prelims who I think are future top 15 guys. I think that Naimov is going to be top 15 in about a year, and I think that Felipe Dos Santos is actually going to at least compete for a title at some point in his career. I think Ziam has looked improved and could hit the top 15, but he's only looked like he's had potential in his last 1 or 2 fights. And depending on Torres' cardio and grappling, he could be top 15. Zellhuber will be if he puts everything together.

* Edited at 02.19.2024, 10:50 PM ET *

TheFoxyOne
TheFoxyOne
  • Predictions:  216  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 63

02.20.2024 | 12:16 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 3122nd

Moreno vs. Royval II
Brandon Moreno, TKO, R5
I just hope Brandon wins

Rodriguez vs. Ortega II
Yair Rodriguez, TKO, R2
Ngl I don't rate Ortega very highly anymore. I think this is Yair by a mile

Rosas Jr. vs. Turcios
Raul Rosas Jr., DEC
I think RRJ wins, but not super convincingly, in a pretty scrappy fight.

Jauregui vs. Hughes
Yazmin Jauregui, TKO, R2
Sanctioned murder

Torres vs. Duncan
Chris Duncan, TKO, R3
Duncan is being slept on here

Cháirez vs. Lacerda
Edgar Cháirez, SUB, R1
Crazy that Lacerda took this fight, I feel like Chairez smokes him

Puelles vs. Ziam
Fares Ziam, DEC
Ziam is underrated. We saw how much hype Ilia Topuria got from beating Jai Herbert, and Ziam did it with less resistance.

Rodríguez vs. Bondar
Luis Rodríguez, TKO, R3
I don't view Bondar as a UFC caliber fighter

Altamirano vs. dos Santos
Felipe dos Santos, DEC
I love FDS here

Naimov vs. Silva
Muhammad Naimov, TKO, R2
Weird matchmaking. Naimov should be getting a ranked opponent, or someone close.

"Quote"

STOMPZ
STOMPZ
  • Predictions:  1,154  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  89
  • Post Score: 60

02.20.2024 | 12:25 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 4606th

@VicStrk 
Daniel Santos ran away from Daniel Marcos, Santos is not good
GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

02.20.2024 | 3:38 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3992nd

Moreno vs. Royval II
Brandon Moreno, SUB, R3
Striking is the most pivotal aspect of this fight. It allows Moreno to get in close and time his takedown entries, and it allows Royval to push a pace and maybe snag a couple of rounds. If I'm being brutally honest, I struggle to see Royval amounting to any reasonable success in this. This is an even worse rematch for him than Pantoja was, primarily owing to the fact that Moreno can stand at range and bang him up. Moreno is by far the better technician amongst the two; Royval relies on chaos as the cornerstone of his game - he's basically a refined a button-masher striker. I don't think he pays much thought to what he's doing from a technical standpoint, and that works to his advantage most of the time because it renders him as extremely unpredictable. With that being said, Moreno's sharp eye for openings on volume strikers will be the key here; he has a good dropshift-left hook, and he can pivot really nicely to come out on top of boxing exchanges. The majority of this fight will be in tight, within boxing range, and I'm expecting Moreno to absolutely light him up from start to finish. I could easily see him stunning Royval and going in for the kill with his hands, as he's evolved into a much more potent finishing striker since their first meeting. Meanwhile, Royval is largely the same fighter he was three years ago from a strategic standpoint. Should be a solid, fun fight, but I can't see much other than a Moreno domination and finish.

Rodriguez vs. Ortega II
Yair Rodriguez, TKO, R1
The golden matchup. Easily my most anticipated fight on this card. Put simply, Ortega is not top-tier, at least not to the extent that I once thought he was. His striking is unsystematic, and as a position-based grappler, you'd think he has some unique element of positional awareness on the ground, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He's an opportunistic submission artist who relies on his opponents slipping up rather than setting them up for it, which consequently, has made him a traditional BJJ grappler who works best off their back. Wrestling is a massive hole in his game, but Yair isn't the guy to leverage that, I think. I could be generous and even a little optimistic by assuming that he's made some stylistic changes that allow this fight to be competitive, but after a career as long as his, it's hard to get rid of those instincts that you've accumulated after doing the same thing over and over for so long. Ortega packs a punch, but Yair has evolved tenfold more than he has over the last few years, and just by virtue of having shared the cage with a tactical master like Volk, Yair will have improved even more coming from his last showing. I think Ortega's been out for too long, he's taken way too much damage, and this is where his recovery abilities begin to drop off exponentially. Yair will bring the pressure, light up Ortega with fast, snappy round kicks to the body, and go up top with something Yair-esque like a jumping switch kick and absolutely ice him in the first.

Puelles vs. Ziam
Claudio Puelles, SUB, R2
This is a good fight. I'm a fan of Ziam and I think he's got untapped potential, save for his horrendous fight IQ, at times. With that said, he's been actively improving of late, and I could see him raking up a couple more wins and maybe even trying his hand at a top 15 spot. Where it falls off for me is that he's too willing to clinch and make fights closer than they need to be - much like Leon Edwards earlier on in his career. Puelles can probably grab a limb early in the fight with Ziam being unsuspecting as he is. I do think he'll beat the **** out of Puelles when they're at range, but he's bound to slip up eventually; just comes down to whether or not Claudio can make the most of the opportunities presented to him. If he was able to somewhat threaten Hooker and put him in trouble in tight, I can absolutely see him doing that to, in many ways, a lesser version of Hooker. Except I don't see Ziam backing out of a leg lock once he's in it.

* Edited at 02.20.2024, 3:41 AM ET *

TheWormLumbriga
TheWormLumbriga
  • Predictions:  1,562  |  77.8%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 150

02.20.2024 | 8:08 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 4496th

Naimov by KO from Wood to Erick Silva is a tremendous drop in level

Lipe by KO Chute Boxe style  Altamirano not very good at anything

Fares Ziam KO round 2 Puelles is sucks in the feet only god in leglocks and gassed very fast

Edgar Chairez Ko in 2 Daniel is god in the first 2 minutes after this he is gased two and in the second round he die every fight

Mendonça is the guy without Qi but is much bigger than Aguilar if he loses this he deserves out to ufc

Manuel El Loco Torres KO hard fight im got a fighter hit harder and is mexican

Jauregui KO in 3 Jauregui is very god last fight is a mistake

Rosas SUB in1  rooting for this boy

Yair KO in 3 complete fighter crazy power kicks and faster with the hands,Ortega is ******

Brandon Moreno KO in 2 Royval pace is crazy but this fight going to be a striker match in my opnion Moreno hurts him very bad 

* Edited at 02.20.2024, 8:14 AM ET *

"Brazilian amateur fighter 0-0"

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  120

02.20.2024 | 8:29 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 3040th

Zellhuber vs. Prado
Daniel Zellhuber, DEC
Good fight really, fairly confident Zellhuber gets his hand raised tho looked very well rounded in his last fight

MongolianMurderer
MongolianMurderer
  • Predictions:  548  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  140
  • Post Score: 91

02.20.2024 | 10:11 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 255 Points   |   Tied for 4987th

Rodríguez vs. Bondar
Denys Bondar, TKO, R1
upset pick denys sucks but is a first round finisher i think he can catch lazy boy quick

Felipe dos Santos, SUB, R2
Felipe finds the rear naked choke

Naimov vs. Silva
Muhammad Naimov, DEC
naimov puts on a striking clinic and stuffs the takedowns

Hezzli
Hezzli
  • Predictions:  310  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  339
  • Post Score: 118

02.20.2024 | 10:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 1852nd

Moreno vs. Royval II
Brandon Moreno, DEC
i love royvals unorthodox striking but taking this on short notice against a guy like moreno was a terrible choice. unless the damage catches up to moreno this should be a relatively easy win for moreno

Rodriguez vs. Ortega II
Yair Rodriguez, SUB, R4
yair is the most dangerous striker in the entire UFC in my opinion i just don’t see how you beat him unless you’re champ level. ortegas taken endless damage in his career and his defense is mediocre at best. i think yair hits him with a great kick and follows him to the ground and finishes it there

Zellhuber vs. Prado
Daniel Zellhuber, DEC
francisco “beyblade” prado has some nasty pop but i’m all for hubermania. feel like golden boy is better everywhere and prado won’t know how to handle it

Rosas Jr. vs. Turcios
Raul Rosas Jr., SUB, R1
turcios has solid BJJ and he hasn’t had bad performances i just think rojas is better everywhere. very solid matchmaking by the boys at HQ

Torres vs. Duncan
Manuel Torres, TKO, R2
torres is a finisher and duncan has holes everywhere. recipe for disaster

Aguilar vs. Mendonça
Mateus Mendonça, TKO
reach over all even with mateus swinging for the fences. another chute box guy!

Cháirez vs. Lacerda
Edgar Cháirez, SUB, R1
lacerda has some solid tepes and kicks but his fight IQ is lacking and the chairez guillotine is nasty (we saw it in the first fight didn’t we?)

Puelles vs. Ziam
Fares Ziam, DEC
puelles has some of the worst striking in the sport and ziam has some solid TDD. expect some classic BJJ mat sliding

Felipe dos Santos, DEC
santos doesn’t have any pop whatsoever (even for the weight class) but his shot selection is incredible. gotta love chute box

"4 days notice i was ******* drinking beer and eating steaks in brazil"

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  427  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  871

02.20.2024 | 11:15 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 3765th

I picked Torres, but I worry about what happens if Duncan makes it out of the 1st round. Torres' gas tank is already in question, and then you add in the high elevation... we could really see the tide turn and Duncan start to put a beating on him

"My balls was hot"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,174  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,262
  • Post Score: 88

02.20.2024 | 11:31 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 4173rd

The only question is does his chin hold up. Duncan has terrible defense and a suspect chin. I feel pretty confident if this leaves round 1, Torres will be exhausted but in round 1 he is a force

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

TommyPecs66
TommyPecs66
  • Predictions:  1,564  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 78

02.20.2024 | 11:46 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 847th

Rodríguez vs. Bondar
Luis Rodríguez, DEC
I’m

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  818  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  571
  • Post Score: 62

02.20.2024 | 1:26 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 3793rd

This card is gonna get me pretty drunk I can tell

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

lefontes
lefontes
  • Predictions:  94  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 40

02.20.2024 | 1:46 PM ET

Duncan by tko 
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,412  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,530
  • Post Score: 128

02.20.2024 | 1:59 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 3122nd

Wow, I remember betting Yair last time he fought Ortega but I had forgotten he was a +150 back then. Crazy.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,174  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,262
  • Post Score: 88

02.20.2024 | 3:06 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 4173rd

In sherdog and espn Denys bondar has 6 wins removed, probably because they either don’t exist or were fixed. Askar mozharov type beat 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,805  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  187
  • Post Score: 43

02.20.2024 | 3:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 4017th

Aguilar vs. Mendonça
Mateus Mendonça, DEC
trains with do bronx

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  818  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  571
  • Post Score: 62

02.20.2024 | 4:01 PM ET

BoneDoinWork

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 3793rd

that didn't help him at all last time

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL MENA 1 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Islam Reda vs. Adam Meskini - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL MENA 1 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Islam Reda 90% Adam Meskini 10%
  • Islam "The Egyptian Zombie" Reda (10-1-0) EG is the #37th Pro Mens Lightweight in Middle East.
  • Adam Meskini (8-2-0) IDF, FR is the #48th Pro Mens Featherweight in Europe Western.
  • PFL MENA 1 features 10 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from The Green Halls in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia