Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,120
  • Post Score: 47

10.11.2023 | 2:56 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Jairzinho Rozenstruik   defeats   Shamil Gaziev   via KO/TKO, Retirement   5:00 Round 4 of 5, 20:00 Total Bout Page
Vitor Petrino   defeats   Tyson Pedro   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Alex Perez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Umar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Bekzat Almakhan   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Steve Erceg   defeats   Matt Schnell   via KO/TKO, Straight Right to Left Hook Combo   0:26 Round 2 of 3, 5:26 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Jamie Pickett   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vinicius Oliveira   defeats   Benardo Sopaj   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   4:41 Round 3 of 3, 14:41 Total Bout Page
Aiemann Zahabi   defeats   Javid Basharat   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Christian Leroy Duncan   defeats   Claudio Ribeiro   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:57 Round 2 of 3, 6:57 Total Bout Page
Ľudovít Klein   defeats   AJ Cunningham   via KO/TKO, Front Kick to Body   4:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Loik Radzhabov   defeats   Abdul-Kareem Al-Selwady   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   0:49 Round 3 of 3, 10:49 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 25

OddSmokerSteve
OddSmokerSteve
  • Predictions:  758  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  137
  • Post Score: -101

03.02.2024 | 8:07 AM ET

UFC Vegas 87: Rozenstruik vs Gaziev - Picks, Predictions & Betting Card

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2471st

What bets are everyone liking for today? I like Mokaev and Umar both to win inside the distance.

Full Picks, Predictions & Betting Card for those interested: https://oddsmokermma.com/2024/03/02/ufc-vegas-87-rozenstruik-vs-gaziev-picks-predictions-betting-card/

Hope everyone enjoys the fights!

"Check us out for free MMA Picks, Predictions, Analysis, Bets & More"

brandonk
brandonk
  • Predictions:  3,859  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 93

03.02.2024 | 8:13 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 193rd

AyyLmaonnaise  changed his avi from Usman, but I still remember the trash picks. 
jeffferson
jeffferson
  • Predictions:  458  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  730
  • Post Score: 150

03.02.2024 | 8:25 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1544th

Over 1.5 in Umar vs. Bekzat looks good

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Nick Diaz

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss
  • Predictions:  417  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  310
  • Post Score: 56

03.02.2024 | 8:30 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 605th

@AyyLmaonnaise 
Don't really watch his stuff, it pops up sometimes. I just agreed with everything he said for this card, more or less. I have my own opinions. What is your problem with him or his picks? Also I love you, thanks for all your hard work. 
Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  731  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 126

03.02.2024 | 8:41 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 4731st

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

JoseLobo
JoseLobo
  • Predictions:  2,808  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 212

03.02.2024 | 8:50 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 539th

Radzhabov vs. Al-Selwady
Abdul-Kareem Al-Selwady, DEC

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

Mr_Moon
Mr_Moon

03.02.2024 | 9:23 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 193rd

This card has no hype going into it but I would argue that a few of the actual fights have a chance of being really good. 

For example Loik versus Al-Selwady is a smart fight to kick off the event. Loik might be the biggest test of Al-Selqady’s career. In my opinion fighters like Erceg and Mokaev are also taking a step up in level of competition, which is always intriguing. 

Ribeiro has yet to be in a boring fight in his 4 for the UFC and CLD is a perfect partner for that. 

Anders and Pickett could be a dog fight if both realize what that this may be their last UFC fight. 

Finally Usman Nurmagomedov has put all the pressure on himself and pressure supposedly makes diamonds. 

Overall a solid card for a Saturday afternoon in my time zone. 
RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,806  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,197
  • Post Score: 47

03.02.2024 | 9:28 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 3425th

Only really stuck on the Loik fight
Swords Song
Swords Song
  • Predictions:  1,078  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  573
  • Post Score: 158

03.02.2024 | 9:35 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1318th

Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev
Shamil Gaziev, TKO, R1
34-9, 1-2

Petrino vs. Pedro
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R2
42-2

Perez vs. Mokaev
Muhammad Mokaev, SUB, R3
44-0

Nurmagomedov vs. Almakhan
Umar Nurmagomedov, SUB, R2
44-0,1-2 18-17

Schnell vs. Erceg
Steve Erceg, DEC
40-2,25

Anders vs. Pickett
Eryk Anders, TKO, R2
41-1,21

Oliveira vs. Sopaj
Vinicius Oliveira, TKO, R1
28-9

Basharat vs. Zahabi
Javid Basharat, DEC
44-0

Duncan vs. Ribeiro
Christian Leroy Duncan, TKO, R2
43-1

Klein vs. Cunningham
Ľudovít Klein, TKO, R1
40-0,26

Radzhabov vs. Al-Selwady
34-7

GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

03.02.2024 | 9:36 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1544th

Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev
Jairzinho Rozenstruik, TKO, R1
Gaziev is defensively lacking, and his style of coming forward with an offense-first approach will not work to his favor here. Every guy who's ever beat Bigi, barring Ngannou, has been stayed composed on the front foot, despite having fight-ending power. This includes Reem. I don't wanna read too much into it and wind up looking like a dumbass if Gaziev sleeps him in the first; it is heavyweight, and anything goes. This could end in any round, or go the distance in a lackluster clinchfest. With that said, this is probably too much too soon for Gaziev. Gimme Bigi Boy via check left hook in the opening 90 seconds.

Petrino vs. Pedro
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R2
I don't know if it's just me but Petrino does not look 26. Always thought he was 32/33. Wonder if he's getting away with blasting testosterone or something else. Either way, he's a physical specimen with explosiveness for days, and he's looking progressively more polished each fight. I started watching out for him when he beat Bellato, and that win is going to age very well. Pedro, who once appeared to be a legit prospect, now doesn't look to be a top 15 fighter. I may be speaking too soon; it's still early in his career and 205 isn't the deepest of divisions, but he just struggles with that step up against guys who bring a pace to him. Petrino will do just that, and I think we'll see him melt and eventually finish off Pedro.

Perez vs. Mokaev
Muhammad Mokaev, DEC
Beautiful fight with title shot scribbled all over this. I really, really hope Mokaev wins this, and I don't doubt that he will. Perez in his prime was a genuine force, but he's fallen off pretty rough since he lost to Figueiredo, with a tough pullout game and 91 seconds in the Octagon over the last 3 years... 91 seconds in which he got *****ed by the champ. With that in mind - Mokaev is a phenom fighting up to this level at 23. He manages to needlessly put himself in bad positions in every fight, but I largely attribute that to ego rather than a fundamental cap on his skills. If he gets his head right - which likely won't happen until he has a scare of a decision against a top-tier competitor, or gets whooped up by Pantoja - then I believe he could sweep out most of the division. Perez won't be the man to stop him, but he will be the stone Mokaev needs to step before he suffers that first L. Pantoja vs Mokaev inbound.

Umar Nurmagomedov, TKO, R1
Hell of a welcome to the UFC. Already puts Bekzat well ahead of his peers by having shared a cage with Umar. The thing about the whole Nurmagomedov clan is that, although they boast tactical mastery, their gameplans tend to be very simple owing to their skillsets being lightyears ahead of that of their competition. This allows them to formulate simple plans of attack and falling back on their skillsets when needed; meaning, you can expect the gameplan here to be something rudimentary that exploits a gap in Bekzat's style. In this case, this will likely be Umar making the most of Bekzat blitzing plenty with his chin not nearly as protected as it should be. Umar is an S-tier striker and he could really just rely on fundamental intuition rather than advanced gameplanning here. Early KO.

Schnell vs. Erceg
Steve Erceg, DEC
I love this fight, and I love that AstroBoy is climbing up the ladder. He's looking better each time he goes out there, and I just have this feeling he'll break through what his fights would suggest his ceiling is.

el_guapo
el_guapo
  • Predictions:  198  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  557
  • Post Score: 106

03.02.2024 | 9:57 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 620 Points   |   Tied for 111th

Radzhabov/Al-Selwady is definitely a hard matchup to predict, other than it may be a competitive decision fight

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. - Alexander Volkanovski"

aoiioushi
aoiioushi
  • Predictions:  5,896  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 100

03.02.2024 | 10:14 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3362nd

Umar Nurmagomedov, SUB, R1
umar lock!!!

Schnell vs. Erceg
Steve Erceg, DEC
sch better stk erceg bettr ovrall

Oliveira vs. Sopaj
Vinicius Oliveira, DEC
strk sopaj 4 day notice

Basharat vs. Zahabi
Javid Basharat, DEC
bas grap zah str chance

Duncan vs. Ribeiro
Christian Leroy Duncan, DEC
duncan clean ribeiro wilder

Klein vs. Cunningham
Ľudovít Klein, DEC
no points klein good strk and grap aj short not grap

Radzhabov vs. Al-Selwady
50/50 wres

osusnp
osusnp
  • Predictions:  462  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  115
  • Post Score: 186

03.02.2024 | 10:15 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2353rd

did you have a stroke while typing your picks?
MorePAIN
MorePAIN
  • Predictions:  4,759  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -157

03.02.2024 | 10:16 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3601st

Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev
Shamil Gaziev, TKO, R2
I.....

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,541  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,301
  • Post Score: 151

03.02.2024 | 10:44 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2073rd

Idk if it's this stomach bug that I've been dealing with for the past couple days but I think this card is a banger & I'm hype that I don't have to wait all day for it. 
Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,639  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

03.02.2024 | 11:00 AM ET

/

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 14th with 4 others

* Edited at 03.02.2024, 11:01 AM ET *

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Oneyecrook
Oneyecrook
  • Predictions:  428  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  473
  • Post Score: 6

03.02.2024 | 11:02 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 3921st

still can't get over that Brook lost, so ***ing choke. 
PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose
  • Predictions:  954  |  55.5%
  • Forum Posts:  117
  • Post Score: 28

03.02.2024 | 11:02 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 4794th

Bekzat Almakhan, DEC
Too many big favorites, idc if i'm wrong.

Schnell vs. Erceg
Matt Schnell, SUB, R3
SCHNELL MAFIA

"Why they allow makeup in beauty contest but not steroids in contest of strength?"

XvDanny
XvDanny
  • Predictions:  106  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 11

03.02.2024 | 11:26 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 435th

Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev
Shamil Gaziev, SUB, R1
Submil Waziev

Petrino vs. Pedro
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R2
Violence

Perez vs. Mokaev
Muhammad Mokaev, SUB, R3
Pull out king gonna be a tap out king

Umar Nurmagomedov, SUB, R1
Wmar

Schnell vs. Erceg
Steve Erceg, TKO, R3
Astroboy

Anders vs. Pickett
Eryk Anders, DEC
Ya Boi gonna get the W

Oliveira vs. Sopaj
Vinicius Oliveira, TKO, R2
Basically a “Lok”

Basharat vs. Zahabi
Javid Basharat, DEC
Another Basharat Decision

Duncan vs. Ribeiro
Christian Leroy Duncan, TKO, R1
CLD FTW

Klein vs. Cunningham
Ľudovít Klein, TKO, R1
Another highlight for Klein

Radzhabov vs. Al-Selwady
Loik Radzhabov, SUB, R1
The Dog is barking

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,989
  • Post Score: 138

03.02.2024 | 11:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 2680th

Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev
Shamil Gaziev, TKO, R1
Not saying it's the smartest strategy but I don't think Gaziev is going to be threatened by Bigi Boys power whatsoever. He's going to walk forward and try to out-volume Rozenstruik and it's probably going to work. Rozenstruik does too much waiting around to try and land the perfect shot and is a fish out of water on the ground. The only win he has over a fighter currently in the promotion is Arlovski. Gaziev has absolute nukes in his hands. I think the UFC is trying to prop Gaziev up before the card in Saudi Arabia this summer and figures this fight will go very similar to Rozenstruik vs. Volkov. You might not think Martin Buday is a great figher but the reality is he's decent and has a phenomenal chin. It's been well established that Rozenstruik can't take anywhere near the same amount of damage Buday did. I'll always be a Bigi Boy fan but it's been apparent to me for awhile now he's likely PFL bound. He's been in the promotion 5 years and hasn't evolved whatsoever.

Petrino vs. Pedro
Vitor Petrino, DEC
Close fight but I can't back Pedro with how bad his tank his. Petrino has a crazy chin so I think he can weather whatever Pedro has for him early and then just take over from there. I think Petrino is arguably the best LHW prospect in the promotion and seems to get better and better every fight. Could be a close fight because both guys aren't easy to finish and Pedro can definitely dominate the first round, but he's so hard to rely on after that.

Perez vs. Mokaev
Muhammad Mokaev, SUB, R2
Perez is not a serious MMA fighter anymore. Don't see Mokaev struggling anywhere.

Umar Nurmagomedov, SUB, R3
Only seen one full fight from Bekzat but I really liked what I saw. Very good signing for the UFC but the right of passage here is rough. There's simply levels to MMA and for all the **** Umar gets about pulling out of fights and getting fast tracked, he's as legit a prospect as it gets. I have a feeling Bekzat will make the odds on this fight look silly but still don't see a path to victory.

Schnell vs. Erceg
Steve Erceg, DEC
I think Erceg is ahead everywhere. If Schnell was a little more active recently I could see him getting a win here but I just don't see where he's going to really threaten Erceg outside of blitzing him early and turning this fight into a brawl. Even if that happens I think Erceg can weather the storm. He's displayed a good chin so far and is a good grappler who can more than hold his own in a scramble.

Anders vs. Pickett
Eryk Anders, TKO, R2
If Anders can't get a finish here he should get cut with Pickett Monday morning. I have a feeling he's just going to dominate this fight physically and will find a finish on the ground. Pickett just isn't a threat from anywhere and Anders has been in there with way, way better competition.

Oliveira vs. Sopaj
Vinicius Oliveira, DEC
I think Sopaj is really good but I have to give Lok Dog some respect here. He has the edge in experience, quality of competition, and isn't coming in on short notice. I absolutely get why many are on Sopaj but Lok Dog was, at least for me, the best fighter signed from DWCS this past season besides Jean Matsumoto. Far how dangerous both these guys are I oddly feel like this ones going the distance for some reason.

Basharat vs. Zahabi
Javid Basharat, DEC
Basharat probably wins this on volume but this isn't exactly an easy matchup. Zahabi is a very good striker and not a bad grappler himself but I don't think this is where Basharat gets fraud checked to put it bluntly. Unless he really struggles to mix in takedowns like he normally does, I don't see where he'll struggle in this fight. If he can't get the takedowns, I could see how low he typically carries his hands being a potentially very serious problem. I just think Zahabi will be a step behind Basharat throughout this fight in all phases unless he can land a big shot early.

Duncan vs. Ribeiro
Christian Leroy Duncan, TKO, R1
Murder: the sequel

Klein vs. Cunningham
Ľudovít Klein, TKO, R2
Murder.

Radzhabov vs. Al-Selwady
Al-Selwady has a clear speed advantage here. Loik is a well rounded fighter but his tank isn't great. He's not really a great striker but does have good power. I think this will be very similar to the Ribovics fight and see Loik shooting close to 10 takedowns just to try and stay alive.

Page 25

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card For ‘Jackson vs. Kuramagomedov’
  • Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans