Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Almeida vs. Lewis

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,708
  • Post Score: 46

06.01.2023 | 10:08 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 11.04.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Ibirapuera Gymnasium
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Dominick Cruz, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Attendance: 10,792
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Derrick Lewis   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Nicolas Dalby   defeats   Gabriel Bonfim   via KO/TKO, Clinch Knees to Ground Punches   4:33 Round 2 of 3, 9:33 Total Bout Page
Rodrigo Nascimento   defeats   Don'Tale Mayes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Caio Borralho   defeats   Abus Magomedov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elves Brener   defeats   Kaynan Kruschewsky   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   4:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   vs.   Rinat Fakhretdinov   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vitor Petrino   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via KO/TKO, Check Hook   1:03 Round 2 of 3, 6:03 Total Bout Page
Angela Hill   defeats   Denise Gomes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eduarda Moura   defeats   Montserrat Conejo Ruiz   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:14 Round 2 of 3, 7:14 Total Bout Page
Marc Diakiese   defeats   Kauê Fernandes   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 12

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 162

10.23.2023 | 9:24 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3002nd

Ya boi is moving up the tapology rankings day by day 🫡
jeffferson
jeffferson
  • Predictions:  642  |  72.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,176
  • Post Score: 145

10.23.2023 | 9:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2171st

Hill vs. Gomes
Denise Gomes, DEC
Seeing like a 29-28 here.

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Nick Diaz

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,170  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 204

10.23.2023 | 9:53 AM ET

*****_swaggins

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 543rd

You really think that Almeida is slick with the take downs ? I always tought that the take downs are the most dangerous and sus moments in his fights. (At least until we see his stricking).

Once he gets his opponent in the ground then I can relax and say that the fight is over, because like you said he is really good at keeping them on the ground and he will not rush anything.

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,718  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32,900
  • Post Score: 90

10.23.2023 | 10:00 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1004th

I recommend people watch jailtons dwcs fight. In that fight he showed what happens when he leaves round 1, when he faces grappling resistence, and he showed he has much more in his arsenal than just push kick/blast double that he loves so much

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

VicStrk
VicStrk

10.23.2023 | 10:12 AM ET

AyyLmaounnaise

After Shamil if i am not mistaken grabbed his push kick and punched him in the mouth i gotta think that he will stop doing that at least for a few fights. 

Can't be pushing the same buttons every fight and hope to become a champion jailton. 🤣

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.23.2023 | 11:02 AM ET

Yeah I was really worried that double leg is jailtons only move but he showed a very good series of trips in that fight

TheWormLumbriga
TheWormLumbriga
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  77.7%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 150

10.23.2023 | 11:42 AM ET

TheWorm will be there watching the Brazilians win!

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1603rd

Jailton Almeida vs Derrick Lewis 
    ''Malhadinho'' round 1 Sub
 Jailton is a beast, Derrick Lewis is going to get taken down in the first few seconds of fighting, turning his back and getting submitted.

Gabriel Bonfim vs Nicolas Dalby
 ''Marretinha'' round 1 Sub
Bonfim will start strong and finish Dalby in the first round, I can see the knockout or submission either.

Rodrigo Nascimento vs Don'tales Mayes
 ''Zé Comeía'' via Dec
horrible fight, Nascimento must win in a horrible fight, this is the time I'll go get something to eat.

Caio Borralho vs Abus Magomedov
 ''The Natural'' round 3 Sub
Abus can be dangerous in the first few minutes, but Caio is a smart fighter will survive this and Abus' cardio won't be there, he'll be submitted at the end of the fight.

Rodolfo Vieira vs Armen Petrosyan
''Superman'' round 2 Tko
Rodolfo is a jiu jitsu legend but his takedowns are horrible and the gas is not very good either, Petrosyan is improving a lot in takedown defense his striking is very good with a high volume of blows Rodolfo will succumb.

Ismael Bonfim vs Vinc Pichel
 ''Marreta'' round 2 Ko
Ismael is a very good prospect, unfortunately he crossed paths with Benoit and underestimated him, I'm sure he will dominate this fight and show that he is back.

Elves Brener vs Esteban Ribovics
 ''Brener'' via Dec
this fight will be ******* good, two good exchangers who like street fighting, I see that Elves has the advantage of mixing striking with takedowns, Ribovicks showed flaws in his takedown defense and Elves will exploit that but this will be a very close fight.

Daniel Marcos vs Victor Hugo
''Victor Striker'' via Dec
Victor comes from an impressive knockout in the contender, his striking is very good and he knows how to defend himself on the ground, daniel marcos is undefeated but he didn't show me anything too much in his two fights in the ufc, I see Victor winning even taking the fight in short notice.

Elizeu Zalenski vs Rinat Fakretdinov
 Rinat ''Gladiador'' via Dec
Rinat is tough as ****, he's younger and he's probably in his prime, he's been improving a lot in striking, he has very good takedowns and manages to keep his opponents on the ground, while Eliseu is a good striker but he's already out of his prime, Rinat will put pressure on him the 3 rounds.

Vitor Petrino vs Modestas Bukauskas
 Petrino ''Icão'' via Dec
Petrino is a guy who could fight at heavyweight, he's a closet, a good striking, a lot of chin and acceptable takedowns, Bukauskas is a guy who has an average striking, with the fight being in Brazil, it's another advantage for Petrino, I see him winning in a 29-28.

Angela Hill vs Denise Gomes
Denis ''Dee''
Denise looked like a machine in her last two fights, a lot of knockout power early on she is very young 23 years old and is finding herself now, Angela Hil is average in everything and this old woman, I believe Denise will knock her out or win in a 30-27.

Lucas Alexander vs David Onama
 ''Silent Assassin'' via Ko
Onama has impressive knockout power and always gets his opponents in trouble, whenever Lucas faced a level of good fighters he succumbed and was submitted.

Montserrat Conejo Ruiz vs Eduarda Moura
  Eduarda ''Ronda'' round 2 Sub
Eduarda trains with Jailton Almeida in Bahia, she plays the same game as him and with excellence, very good takedowns, ground pound and progressions on the ground, drowns her opponents until they turn their backs and are submitted.

Kaue Fernandes vs Marc Diakiese
 Marc ''Bonecrusher'' via dec
I don't know Kauê, but Diakiese has been facing good fighters in the UFC and I would risk that he will dominate this Brazilian.

This is the prediction of TheWormLumbriga thank you.

"Brazilian amateur fighter 0-0"

VicStrk
VicStrk

10.23.2023 | 12:01 PM ET

People in brazil call him Jailton "malhadomedov" Almeida. 🤣

Outside of that i agree with everything you typed. 

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,317  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,837
  • Post Score: -54

10.23.2023 | 2:09 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1456th

"TheWorm" ?????

This forum has gone crazy

"Positivity is a positive"

UncleSocrates
UncleSocrates
  • Predictions:  1,094  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  188
  • Post Score: 177

10.23.2023 | 2:43 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1948th

Brener vs Ribovics is a ridiculous fight Brener is the terminator and Ribovics has nukes in his hands should be fun

"."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,437  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,526
  • Post Score: 134

10.23.2023 | 4:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3911th

Marcos vs. Hugo
Victor Hugo, SUB, R2
Marcos total can crusher hope he gets ended by a decent regional guy or ultra low world ranked guy..

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,117  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,173
  • Post Score: 137

10.23.2023 | 6:23 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1603rd

Does Almeida get re-booked with Blaydes after this? I feel like he should. Who else is he gonna fight? This is essentially a free performance bonus and repeat of his last fight with Bigi boi. 
Vispian
Vispian
  • Predictions:  2,710  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  375
  • Post Score: 175

10.23.2023 | 6:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Almeida vs. Lewis
Jailton Almeida, SUB, R1
Almeida is someone who can go very far in this division. But there is two key drawbacks to him. So far he obviously starts his fights no joke the same thing every time. Front kick to takedown. This gives Lewis that Blaydes moment chance of an uppercut or knee. Secondly the only other way Lewis realistically can win is if he lands in top position on Almeida and rains down GnP. The likelihood of Lewis doing either is low but not impossible. But if Spivak can demolish you within 1 round, Almeida should be able to.

Bonfim vs. Dalby
Gabriel Bonfim, DEC
Dalby is just average everywhere, but will grit down and throw with his solid chin. He has decent Takedown defence as well. Honestly this could turn into a very real and competitive decision. I still have Bonfim, i know he is a bit wild on the feet and susceptible to leg kicks. But he will pull it through with a 29-28 decision or he could land some sort of sub. But if Dalby wins the first put a live bet on him.

Nascimento vs. Mayes
Rodrigo Nascimento, DEC
Honestly Mayes is just **** and Nascimento is okay. But at the end of the day we have a HW who lost to fat ass Sakai and one that lost to Daukus.

Borralho vs. Magomedov
Caio Borralho, TKO, R3
Caio will survive the first round and put a grappling pace on Abus. Abus will gas out and get finished via GnP or sub late in the 2nd or 3rd. Finally giving Caio a finish to market him. Great match making because if Abus wins he is fun and exciting, well... at least for 1 round.

Vieira vs. Petrosyan
Armen Petrosyan, DEC
Armen via outclassed striking and his grappling defence is too strong to allow Viera to pull anything off.

Bonfim vs. Pichel
Ismael Bonfim, TKO, R2
Bonfim is good. He just lacks fight IQ. But he should beat old man Vinc. I got a Bonfim via KO, he knows how to set traps when he fights smart.. if he does...

Brener vs. Ribovics
Elves Brener, DEC
Ribovics may be a more technical striker, but Brenner is way more dangerous and has way better grappling. I know Brener is on an upset run and should be close ish to rankings. But i like they are giving him an easier fight, dude takes a lot of damage and if this stays on the feet expect fireworks.

Marcos vs. Hugo
Victor Hugo, SUB, R2
Marcos should win but every time I watch him he just looks average af and yeah he lost his last fight. Hugo is also someone that doesn't impress and his nickname is a lie. He is a through and through grappler. Hugo will make it wild on the feet and eventually catch him in a sub. Its a upset and honestly might just be a hate pick against Marcos.

Zaleski vs. Fakhretdinov
Rinat Fakhretdinov, DEC
Okay this is great matchmaking. Zaleski is trouble. He is really underrated and although Rinat has a clear dominance in wrestling, Zaleski has shown the ability to keep it on the feet and survive and if it stays on the feet, it will still be competitive especially with the takedown threat, but Zaleski can put it on Rinat. But at the end of the day i have Rinat, if dude isn't submitting Battle or Andreas I can see Zaleski survive to a Dec and have his moments.

Petrino vs. Bukauskas
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R2
I like Modestas well at least his storyline and hope the best for him. But Petrino may not be anything amazing at first glance. But has the power and improving grappling. At the end of the day, in his last 4 I Modestas hasn't looked that great and they weren't exactly good competition.

Hill vs. Gomes
Denise Gomes, TKO, R2
Look its Angela which means she will keep ruining the prospects and thus the division. So honestly betting on her is probably worth wild. But this is purely a hate pick to get rid of her, Gomes isnt bad either and has power. lets hope for the best.

Alexander vs. Onama
David Onama, TKO, R3
As much as Omana beating Santos upset me, this is a clear winnable matchup. I dont think Lucas can offer much against Onama as long as Onamas cardio can hold up.

Conejo Ruiz vs. Moura
Eduarda Moura, TKO, R3
Im a big fan of Moura and i think the finish will come pretty easy for her. Honestly on paper Ruiz isn't bad. But I dont think she has looked that good against Amorim.

Fernandes vs. Diakiese
Marc Diakiese, DEC
Diakese via boring decision. I miss old Diakiese.

* Edited at 10.23.2023, 7:11 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.23.2023 | 7:35 PM ET

@foppa my guess is we see gane vs pavlovich for the vacant belt once jones retires, so I think aspinall vs jailton is a good title eliminator 

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,685
  • Post Score: 167

10.23.2023 | 7:41 PM ET

I really hope Gane doesn't get another title shot off 1 win. that very well might be what they go with, but the fight that SHOULD happen is absolutely Aspinall vs Pavlovich 
Vispian
Vispian
  • Predictions:  2,710  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  375
  • Post Score: 175

10.23.2023 | 7:56 PM ET

@el222 
They will go with Aspinall. Tybura is a better win after all he beat Spivak. But Gane has already lost both his shots and I guarantee they do not want a champion who has lost both to Jones and to Ngannu. Aspinall is fresh and is just as marketable as Gane. The fight that should have happened is Gane v Aspinall in Nov/Dec winner would fight Pavlovich first half of next year. But Gane declined and is waiting out a title shot, the UFC will punish that behavior when they have other options and you are not a clear star. Do Pav/Aspinall and then Gane/Jailton on the main card for UFC London card next year. Easy decision if you ask me 
Latrel Dog
Latrel Dog
  • Predictions:  1,193  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  820
  • Post Score: 158

10.23.2023 | 8:54 PM ET

I hope we really see Aspinall x Pavlo for the vacant title. I really like to see Gane fighting, but he doesn't deserve to fight for the title again.

Book him against Blaydes or Jailton (if wins against Lewis), at least. Let's see if he's really improving his TDD. 
el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,685
  • Post Score: 167

10.23.2023 | 9:04 PM ET

couldn't agree more 
@Latrel Dog 
TuskMMA
TuskMMA
  • Predictions:  22  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

10.23.2023 | 9:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2766th

Zaleski vs. Fakhretdinov
Rinat Fakhretdinov, DEC
He's got a beard. Let's go with a decision win.

Petrino vs. Bukauskas
Vitor Petrino, TKO
Petrino is one of my fav upcoming. May sprinkle on the dog for betting purposes, but Petrino by KO is my pick.

Hill vs. Gomes
Denise Gomes, DEC
Women's MMA, amiright?

Alexander vs. Onama
David Onama, DEC
Everyone on Onama KO, but I think Alexander can weather the storm and lose by Dec

Conejo Ruiz vs. Moura
Eduarda Moura, SUB, R2
Moura with the submission wins on deck, but Ruiz's chin is weak. Rather than GNP, I think Moura clocks her late in the 2nd, and gets a RNC.

Fernandes vs. Diakiese
Marc Diakiese, DEC
Be prepared for a wrestle****?

"Life is like a sandwich. Either way you flip it, the bread comes first."

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,317  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,837
  • Post Score: -54

10.24.2023 | 1:39 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1456th

I want to see MMA Guru vs MMA Joey for the Heavy weight belt.

"Positivity is a positive"

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jake Matthews hates decision wins like UFC 302, but wants a test vs. Neil Magny
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : No Time For BS! Harrison ‘Carried PFL On My Back’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC CEO Dana White reveals next BMF title fight is being worked on
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Releases Statement Following Press Event Cancelation, Ariel Helwani Sheds Additional Light on the Situation
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland blames 'awkward' UFC 302 fight on Paulo Costa: 'What the f*ck are we doing here?'
  • MMA Mania : Usman And Poirier Would ‘Push Each Other To The Brink’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier urges Dustin Poirier not to retire after UFC 302: 'He's got a lot of money to be made'
  • MMAFighting.com : Randy Brown reveals he ‘destroyed’ foot barely 1 minute into UFC 302: ‘That’s my luck’
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Believes Dustin Poirier Has Plenty Left in the Gas Tank: ‘He Can Do This For a Long Time’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexa Grasso perplexed by Valentina Shevchenko's claim of theme change for UFC 306 at Sphere
  • UFC.com : Meet TUF Coach Valentina Shevchenko | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Valentina Shevchenko Talks TUF 32 | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Mania : Reports, Speculation Signal McGregor ‘Minor Injury’
  • UFC.com : Meet TUF Coach Alexa Grasso | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Daniel Rodriguez Banking On UFC ‘War’ With Kelvin Gastelum: ‘The Bigger The Name…’
  • MMAFighting.com : Demetrious Johnson fears Michael Chandler ‘might be wasting his time’ waiting for Conor McGregor
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: 'No comment' on Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul being rescheduled
  • MMA Mania : Level-Up! Najera Not Rushing Path To UFC
  • UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC Louisville