Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Bueno Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,291
  • Post Score: 47

04.21.2023 | 4:04 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.15.2023 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Apex
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Daniel Cormier, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Joe A. Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Holly Holm   vs.   Mayra Bueno Silva   Overturned to No Contest   0:38 Round 2 of 5, 5:38 Total Bout Page
Jack Della Maddalena   defeats   Bassil Hafez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Francisco Prado   defeats   Ottman Azaitar   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   Albert Duraev   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:45 Round 2 of 3, 9:45 Total Bout Page
Norma Dumont   defeats   Chelsea Chandler   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nazim Sadykhov   defeats   Terrance McKinney   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:07 Round 2 of 3, 6:07 Total Bout Page
Melsik Baghdasaryan   defeats   Tucker Lutz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Victoria Dudakova   defeats   Istela Nunes   via KO/TKO, Injury (dislocated Elbow)   0:34 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Melquizael Costa   defeats   Austin Lingo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Evan Elder   defeats   Genaro Valdéz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Azat Maksum   defeats   Tyson Nam   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Munoz   defeats   Carl Deaton III   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ailin Perez   defeats   Ashlee Evans-Smith   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 23

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

07.13.2023 | 10:03 AM ET

Context is important.
@SplitDecision3027 
didn't even attempt to make an argument or give some information. He just posted saying "Poor DanRomanick is very naive" and then followed up with more of the same.

It's just pointless name calling. At least write something about why what
@danromanick 
is saying is wrong. That's why they were flagged. Empty name calling with nothing else.

Also it's not like
@SplitDecision3027 
is on my ****list now or something. There was no suspension. It's JUST a couple of flagged posts, people.

* Edited at 07.13.2023, 10:04 AM ET *

"I live, I die, I live again."

Gregory
Gregory

07.13.2023 | 10:10 AM ET

@Andrew1047 
the "rip someone a new *******" comment was no longer about the original posts. It was part of my broader reaction to the accusation that everything I'm trying to do here is about wokeness. I think it's ******** to call Tapology woke, and that any efforts to reduce toxic behavior are "woke". 

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,139  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,765
  • Post Score: -18

07.13.2023 | 10:39 AM ET

Gregory

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 2551st

Can you tell us whose alt Nostradamus was since he got the 10 year ban? That dude was obsessed with me 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,860  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,531
  • Post Score: 13

07.13.2023 | 10:42 AM ET

gregory

Predictions: 13 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 805 Points   |   Tied for 64th

has tapology ever sponsored a fighter? 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,431  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,680
  • Post Score: 166

07.13.2023 | 10:56 AM ET

gliese

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1239th

"because almost noone in MMA knows how to circle away from a threat rather than backing straight away from it"

bro this is straight facts. I know it's easy for me to say from my couch with cheeto dust on my fingers but there's something called pivoting, and it seems like they aren't aware of it 
AlexfromSO
AlexfromSO
  • Predictions:  667  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  111
  • Post Score: 187

07.13.2023 | 11:03 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 7 Perfect, 775 Points   |   Tied for 154th

@el222 
amen

"I never did steroids in my life. I know all the fighters; they are all on steroids. - Nate Diaz "

Sidomavicius
Sidomavicius
  • Predictions:  1,074  |  70.2%
  • Forum Posts:  336
  • Post Score: 179

07.13.2023 | 11:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1392nd

Azaitar vs. Prado
Francisco Prado, TKO, R2
Rock’em sock’em robots kinda fight. I had high hopes for Azaitar. He had 2 nice KO/TKO wins and then got steamrolled lol. The Frevola fight was the only one he had in 2 years. Thats just not enough activity at his age for my liking. Especially in a stacked division like lightweight. This is a tough fight to come back with. Azaitar is very aggressive. Once he starts swinging he really goes for it. That leaves openings though. Not sure on his wrestling ability but Prado’s fight against Mullarkey could be a blueprint for Azaitar to get a cheeky W. Im just not sure if Azaitar is that kind of fighter. Fighters that are 10 or more years younger win 65% of the time. I think Prado is well equipped to get the win here, not only because of the age but also because of his power. The power mixed in with a 5 inch reach advantage should be tough for Azaitar to deal with. Mullarkey is a brawler at heart and even he tried to avoid the stand up exchanges with Prado. Both of these fighters are coming off losses. I think at this stage, the ceiling for Prado is a lot higher than Azaitar. Im picking Prado to get his first win in the UFC. I think its a good matchup for him to show off his skills. All the pressure in this fight is on Azaitar imo. I think hes gonna come out a lot more careful than last fight. If he gets brutally stopped again its gonna be really hard to climb back up the ladder. I just have a feeling Prado is going to be too much for him. The UFC didnt do him any favors with this one, coming off a bad KO loss. I think the fight ends in a finish one way or the other but im siding with Prado.

"Kindness is a universal language regardless of age, nationality or religion” — Sir Alex Ferguson"

Gregory
Gregory

07.13.2023 | 11:07 AM ET

@baremaras 
nah sorry, not a good idea to start getting into things like that

@JReynolds47 
no, we haven't ever sponsored anyone. i could see it happening in the future but we're not big enough yet.

ntrsbob
ntrsbob
  • Predictions:  348  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  66
  • Post Score: 200

07.13.2023 | 11:22 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3626th

Unfortunately being a **** is part of internet culture. Most folks would never step to anyone on the street but behind a keyboard they talk all crazy. It's fine to disagree but often I find here and other sites there's a lot of disrespect for someone simply offering an opinion. 
ntrsbob
ntrsbob
  • Predictions:  348  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  66
  • Post Score: 200

07.13.2023 | 11:25 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3626th

Also I  think a lot is lost in translation with text. Speech is easier to pick up on context and connotation. Text is way easier to get misinterpreted. 
TLRulebender
TLRulebender

07.13.2023 | 11:36 AM ET

El Prayege to Lord and Savior

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 2664th

Lord Forgive for what Im about to say 
But if Mayra Bueno Silva loses to Holly may Holly go into the titlefight with Pena and knock her out the same fashion she did Ronda and may she retire a champion, before fading into obscurity 
And yes I just spent 1 minute to write this bullsh't, your butthurt is welcome 

* Edited at 07.13.2023, 11:41 AM ET *

bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  467  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

07.13.2023 | 11:43 AM ET

Only Fight That Makes Sens Right Now

Predictions: 4 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 4037th

This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
Squeakypuff
Squeakypuff
  • Predictions:  1,466  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  485
  • Post Score: 148

07.13.2023 | 1:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 378th

Holm vs. Bueno Silva
Mayra Bueno Silva, SUB, R2
I'm gonna say Silva fights knowing what is at stake and becomes too much for the 43 year old Holm.

Dumont vs. Chandler
Norma Dumont, DEC
Dumont should have the grappling defense to handle Chandler's wrestling game. On the feet Dumont is much better.

Lutz vs. Baghdasaryan
Melsik Baghdasaryan, DEC
As long as he keeps the fight standing, Bags should piece up Lutz on the feet.

Nunes vs. Dudakova
Viktoriya Dudakova, SUB, R2
Dudakova doesn't put herself in too much danger on the feet and once she gets her wrestling game going it should be tough for Nunes to keep up.

Lingo vs. Costa
Melquizael Costa, SUB, R2
Costa is pretty dynamic and fast. Should be able to avoid the predictable headhunting of Lingo.

Maddalena vs. Hafez
Jack Della Maddalena, TKO, R1
Hafez is not a scrub but Maddalena should have to boxing prowess to find his chin.

Valdéz vs. Elder
Evan Elder, DEC
Valdez is dangerous and probably a bit quicker but Elder is the much more well rounded and has the toughness to withstand Valdez aggression. Valdez is live though.

Nam vs. Maksum
Azat Maksum, SUB, R2
Nam is always live for a KO but Maksum is faster, younger with a beast grappling game.

Deaton III vs. Munoz
Alex Munoz, DEC
Munoz is tough and can use his wrestling against a guy who has a history of only being able to beat cans.

Evans-Smith vs. Perez
Ailin Perez, DEC
Don't care. Perez I guess. Younger and more active.

"I'll make my own damn quote." -Me

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,256  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

07.13.2023 | 1:20 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3763rd

Holm vs. Bueno Silva
Mayra Bueno Silva, SUB, R4
for the love of god maayra run at holly and just ******* steamroll her into a sub

Duraev vs. Park
Jun Yong Park, DEC
JYP will pressure duraev this whole fight and def take at least 2 rounds

Dumont vs. Chandler
Chelsea Chandler, DEC
chandler will do more to win over the judges as long as she keeps the pace all 3 rounds dumont is too boring

Azaitar vs. Prado
Ottman Azaitar, TKO, R1
prado got WORKED by mullarkey ottman got chinned by the same guy to sleep dober i think potatos gets back on track vicious ko

McKinney vs. Sadykhov
Terrance McKinney, SUB, R1
Mckinney has a smart gameplan when he fights just no tank Nazim has the hands but nothing else mckinney should hop the back quick and get an rnc

Lutz vs. Baghdasaryan
Melsik Baghdasaryan, TKO, R2
melsik has some fire in his kicks lutz will get slept with a head kick or drop from a hard body kick

Nunes vs. Dudakova
Viktoriya Dudakova, SUB, R1
hearing very good things of dudakova,nunes gets cut here

Lingo vs. Costa
Austin Lingo, DEC
ill take the dog here lingo hits hard and has a decent clinch game hes not fighting nate the train this time

Maddalena vs. Hafez
Jack Della Maddalena, TKO, R1
murder lock

Valdéz vs. Elder
Evan Elder, TKO, R3
someone gets slept and judging the last performance from each id say its valdez didnt pillow hand natan levy drop him?

Nam vs. Maksum
Azat Maksum, SUB, R2
nam can find the counter shot but azat is smart and will grapple if necessary and choke nam out

Deaton III vs. Munoz
Carl Deaton III, DEC
idk munoz at all so going with the upset deaton isnt very good but hes experienced enough to get a decision

Evans-Smith vs. Perez
Ailin Perez, TKO, R1
both suck but smith had a very long layoff

"Too much wine "

Squeakypuff
Squeakypuff
  • Predictions:  1,466  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  485
  • Post Score: 148

07.13.2023 | 1:33 PM ET

Ranking the Fights by My Level of Interest

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 378th

Should be a Banger/Fun Finish Tier:

McKinney vs Sadykhov
Maddalena vs. Hafez
Valdez vs. Elder
Ozzaitar vs. Prado

Somewhat Interesting Tier:

Duraev vs. Park
Nam vs. Makusm
Dudakova vs. Nunes
Lutz vs. Bagdasaryan
Lingo vs. Costa
Holm vs. Silva

No One on God's Green Earth Cares Tier:

Deaton III vs. Munoz
Smith vs. Perez
Dumont vs. Chandler

"I'll make my own damn quote." -Me

MMAparlay69
MMAparlay69
  • Predictions:  391  |  82.1%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: -18

07.13.2023 | 1:36 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4235th

Holly Holm by Round 4 TKO
Mayra had a banger of a fight with wu or choi or whatever her name was and beat 2 low level wmma fighters and now is fighting Holly Holm.. wonder what’s going to happen😂
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 6 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
hennycmoney
hennycmoney
  • Predictions:  231  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 29

07.13.2023 | 2:11 PM ET

Nam by TKO

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3484th

Nam has 100% takedown defends and lots of experience against good competition don’t be surprised if Azat gets jumpy and he gets a counter shot and Nam gets a KO
I also feel Istela Nunes gets her first win and by a KO she’s better than her record suggests 

"Tough times don’t last tough people do"

hennycmoney
hennycmoney
  • Predictions:  231  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 29

07.13.2023 | 2:28 PM ET

Facts

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3484th

@Mothswords 
thank you someone sees it the way I do Dudakova has no power in her hands either I think Nunes is gonna piece her up with quick combos and her TD isn’t bad either stop a couple shots and knock her out

"Tough times don’t last tough people do"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,860  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,531
  • Post Score: 13

07.13.2023 | 2:33 PM ET

Predictions: 13 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 805 Points   |   Tied for 64th

What about Istela in the late rounds?

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,264  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,340
  • Post Score: 89

07.13.2023 | 2:40 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 653rd

@henny nunes has horrible tdd and is facing a Russian wrestler tho 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Page 23

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White: New UFC Deal Struck Because Saudi Arabia ‘Wanted Power Slap’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bullet’ Wants ‘Demolidor’ In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'