Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Aspinall vs. Tybura

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,278
  • Post Score: 47

03.28.2023 | 10:59 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.22.2023 at 12:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: O2 Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Paul Felder, Michael Bisping, John Gooden
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,500,000
  • Attendance: 15,078
  • MMA Bouts: 15
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Tom Aspinall   defeats   Marcin Tybura   via KO/TKO, Straight Right to Ground Punches   1:13 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Julija Stoliarenko   defeats   Molly McCann   via Submission, Armbar   1:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nathaniel Wood   defeats   Andre Fili   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   André Muniz   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:40 Round 2 of 3, 9:40 Total Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Jai Herbert   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Josh Culibao   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Marcos   defeats   Davey Grant   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonny Parsons   defeats   Danny Roberts   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:57 Round 2 of 3, 9:57 Total Bout Page
Joel Alvarez   defeats   Marc Diakiese   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:26 Round 2 of 3, 9:26 Total Bout Page
Mick Parkin   defeats   Jamal Pogues   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Makhmud Muradov   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ketlen Vieira   defeats   Pannie Kianzad   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Duncan   defeats   Yanal Ashmouz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bruna Brasil   defeats   Shauna Bannon   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jafel Filho   defeats   Daniel Barez   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 22

antcav
antcav
  • Predictions:  350  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 0

07.21.2023 | 6:00 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 0 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 3314th

Aspinall vs. Tybura
Tom Aspinall
I think Tybura’s only chance is if Aspinall blows out his knee again. Even if Aspinall is not the same fighter or is fighting scared, he is still much better than Tybura in every aspect.

McCann vs. Stoliarenko
Molly McCann
Molly is not a title contender, but she’s middle of the pack and the UFC knows what they’re doing by giving her another scrub to annihilate in London.

Wood vs. Fili
Nathaniel Wood
I think this fight is much closer than everyone says, but I’ll everyone else’s confidence has me leaning Wood. He has looked very good at FW so far. However, Fili’s height and reach advantage worry me.

Muniz vs. Craig
Andre Muniz
I think people fell off the Muniz hype train too much after his loss to Allen. Craig is liable to submit anyone, even Muniz, but I’m expecting this to be a fight on the feet. Fighters should be aware by now that that is Craig’s only method of victory.

Herbert vs. Ziam
Jai Herbert
Going with Herbert based off of solid performances against good competition.

Murphy vs. Culibao
Lerone Murphy
Should be a good fight but I think Murphy is a better striker and grappler.

Grant vs. Marcos
Davey Grant
Good test for Marcos, but I’ll lean with the guy I know is solid over the guy I haven’t seen much of yet.

Roberts vs. Parsons
Danny Roberts
I’ll take Robert’s height and reach advantage over Parsons 2 year layoff.

Diakiese vs. Alvarez
Joel Alvarez
Kinda worried that we’re dismissing Diakiese too easily based off of the Michael Johnson loss and/or that the Moises win for Alvarez was a fluke, but I’m hoping Joel improved during his layoff.

Parkin vs. Pogues
Mick Parkin
I don’t think either are good, but I’ll lean with the guy that wins by finish over the decision fighter.

Barberena vs. Muradov
Makhmud Muradov
Muradov better striker and grappler, and Barberena fighting at MW for the first time.

Vieira vs. Kianzad
Ketlen Vieira
Ketlen robbed Holly, but winning 2 rounds over her is still very impressive.

Duncan vs. Ashmouz
Chris Duncan
I’ll lean with the hometown guy in this 50/50 fight.

Brasil vs. Bannon
Bruna Brasil
Don’t like that Bannon wins by decision against bad fighters.

Filho vs. Barez
Jafel Filho
I think the UFC wants him to win after taking the Mokaev fight.
RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,806  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,203
  • Post Score: 48

07.21.2023 | 6:10 PM ET

ChasePorter

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 477th

I laughed way too hard at your note under your prediction for Tom vs Marcin 🤣🤣🤣🤣
RichOsama
RichOsama

07.21.2023 | 6:13 PM ET

Biggest toss up is Duncan and Yanal. Duncan lay and pray or Yanal KO.. hm
Mrodriguez657
Mrodriguez657
  • Predictions:  2,445  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  320
  • Post Score: 118

07.21.2023 | 6:18 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 2224th

@RichOsama 
I
 Agree, keep going back n forth for that one 
RichOsama
RichOsama

07.21.2023 | 6:47 PM ET

MRod

Yeah. Think I'll stay away from it betting wise.
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,150  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,580
  • Post Score: 108

07.21.2023 | 6:50 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 7 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 1191st

Hopefully Bruna gets a sick KO than that'll certify Denise Gomes as a future GOAT

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,836  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,927
  • Post Score: 92

07.21.2023 | 6:57 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1588th

I'm confident that Ashmouz will win, but Duncan has hometown support. That could also work against him tho, and he might want to throw down when he should try to wrestle the whole. 
danromanick
danromanick

07.21.2023 | 6:58 PM ET

From what I've seen, Bruna is actually pretty good and just had a rough debut
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,150  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,580
  • Post Score: 108

07.21.2023 | 6:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 7 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 1191st

Surprised she pretty much lasted until 2.5 in the 2nd round, but her striking defense is bad and Yazmin was put out FAST

* Edited at 07.21.2023, 7:00 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,702  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: -1

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 2515th

Aspinall vs. Tybura
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R2
I think Tom is truly a wonder in this division, Tybura can bang but I think he's much to slow for this fight. UFC wants Tom to look good in London on the main stage after his unfortunate injury. Tom Aspinall by TKO Strikes on the cage, Tybura defends but the theme of the night is solid refereeing and they step in. TKO finish.

McCann vs. Stoliarenko
Molly McCann, TKO, R2
TKO finish, Ground and pound, elbows and punches, Julija turns over to no longer defend and Ref sees enough.

Wood vs. Fili
Nathaniel Wood, TKO, R2
Huge Right hand wobbles Fili, Fili goes for a slugfest and gets put down in the process by precise, accurate shots.

Muniz vs. Craig
Paul Craig, SUB, R1
Armbar baby.

Herbert vs. Ziam
Fares Ziam, TKO, R2
Counter Left Hook sends Jai down, Fares puts him out while the Ref is a half-second behind.

Murphy vs. Culibao
Lerone Murphy, DEC
30-27x2 29-28 Uni, Lerone catapults into the rankings fighting a former/near title challenger next.

Grant vs. Marcos
Davey Grant, SUB, R3
A wild exchange sends Marcos onto the cage, Grant smells blood and hops on a RNC. Marcos is forced to tap.

Roberts vs. Parsons
Danny Roberts, DEC
Low low confidence here. I think Roberts will get cracked somewhere, but I think he will use the cage experience to his benefit, aiming to grind this one. 29-28x2 28-29 split.

Diakiese vs. Alvarez
Joel Alvarez, SUB, R2
D'arce choke on a beautifully stuffed takedown. Was leaning split dec. Good fight.

Parkin vs. Pogues
Mick Parkin, TKO, R2
Mount TKO, I think Parkin will be MUCH stronger than Pogues, and it will be almost irreversible.

Barberena vs. Muradov
Bryan Barberena, DEC
29-28x3 Uni. I think Barb keeps the pressure on Muradov, I'm sure he knows this could be a fight that a fighter could be let go based on performance. Bryan w the upset.

Vieira vs. Kianzad
Ketlen Vieira, DEC
Split dec 29-28x2, 27-30

Duncan vs. Ashmouz
Yanal Ashmouz, TKO, R2
Counter Hook TKO finish.

Brasil vs. Bannon
Shauna Bannon, DEC
29-28x3 I think this fight will actually be a banger. Slugfest as time runs out, and I think Bannon gets it done with more damage to her hits.

Filho vs. Barez
Jafel Filho, DEC
29-28x3 Uni. First round down, Wins the last two.

RichOsama
RichOsama

And whoever said Bryan was winning... He went to SD with Matt Brown Last Year.. He's getting knocked out in 2 rounds. 

* Edited at 07.21.2023, 7:35 PM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,571
  • Post Score: 262

07.21.2023 | 7:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 755 Points   |   Tied for 369th

Aspinall vs. Tybura
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R1
Watching Aspinal turn Volkov into his ***** was very impressive, Don't think I ever seen someone do that to Volkov, Now he fighting someone that lost to Volkov, No brainer here,

McCann vs. Stoliarenko
Molly McCann, TKO, R2
McCann isnt terrible, And Stoliarenko is, she 1-5 in the UFC for a reason, McCann ususlly beat the low level fighter, It take talent to beat McCann, Blanchfield is a future champ, Talia Santos went to a split with Shevshenko, Robertson got most subs in women MMA history and Procopio isn't terrible

Wood vs. Fili
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
Really impress with what I seen of Wood since going to featherweight, Fili is a solid gatekepper but I think he slowing down and Wood going into his prime, Close fight and banger

Muniz vs. Craig
André Muniz, DEC
All respect to Paul Craig, He shouldn't be doing this well with his style as it so low percantage, But he caught Krylov, Hill and Ankalieve, Might be the most "this shouldn't work fighter ever, but does" so don't count him out, But he's fighting the worst matchup for him, Muniz has better stiking, Better wreling and is a 3 degree blackbelt, Just don't **** up and he wins

Herbert vs. Ziam
Fares Ziam, TKO, R1
Banger, I'm taking Ziam by KO because I like what I see and he's young so he's improving, But Herbatt ain't an either fight

Murphy vs. Culibao
Lerone Murphy, DEC
another banger, Taking Murphy because I like he's striking and he's weakness is he's wresling, and Culibao never landed a takedown, But it's a close one

* Edited at 07.21.2023, 7:18 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

07.21.2023 | 7:10 PM ET

Rich

He never fought Jim Miller, He went to a split with Matt Brown

"Quack quack quack"

unoshowtenuno
unoshowtenuno
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  209

07.21.2023 | 7:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 6 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 2561st

Aspinall vs. Tybura
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R3
Aspinall comes back from his first UFC loss, albeit a freak injury loss. He also came in at a career high 258. Now, don't worry, I've still got him as the victory in this main event, but Tybura is easily one of the most durable fighters in the entire UFC. Win or lose, he's made his career off of dragging guys into deep waters. Aspinall's knee injury+ring rust+excess weight combined with Tybura being a plodding tank could lead to this fight going longer than many expect. I think Aspinall will get a finish mid/late into the fight.

McCann vs. Stoliarenko
Molly McCann, TKO, R2
Bless Stoliarenko's heart, but she's a lamb being led to the slaughter. Save for her size and length advantages, she's prime to get eaten up by McCann on the feet. Give me McCann by KO.

Wood vs. Fili
Nathaniel Wood, DEC
Fili is a dog and has more fights against better opponents, so it's hard to know how he'll perform in Wood's backyard. Wood's style is more put together for consistency, but he's also fighting up at 145 where he's somewhat undersized. I've still got him winning by decision, but it remains to be seen how these two will match up despite Wood being a decent sized favorite.

Muniz vs. Craig
André Muniz, SUB, R1
Two explosive grapplers who rarely go to a decision. Muniz just seems to be the smartest pick. Craig has a history of pulling off crazy submissions, but Muniz is arguably the best BJJ guy at 185 and it's hard to see him not finding success on the ground against a guy like Paul who is no stranger to getting finished in the UFC. Muniz will also probably have a striking advantage, and not to mention Paul is moving down to 185 for the first time in his UFC career. Muniz by submission makes the most sense.

Herbert vs. Ziam
Fares Ziam, DEC
Herbert likely enters this fight with more power and finishing capabilities, but I don't see him being given a chance to use them. Ziam is a far more methodical striker than Topuria, and will probably be able to control this fight on the feet. Ziam is nearly a decade younger, as well... all signs point to a Ziam decision IMO.

Murphy vs. Culibao
Lerone Murphy, TKO, R2
Considering Culibao got trounced by Jalin Turner in his debut, you could argue he's managed to overperform to his 3-1-1 UFC record. Murphy will simply be too much for him. Culibao has shown he's capable of capitalizing on mistakes, but I don't see Murphy giving him the opportunity like Baghdasaryan did. Murphy should handily get the win.

Grant vs. Marcos
Daniel Marcos, DEC
This is a tough one. Marcos, on paper, should win here. He's got a 7+ year youth advantage and a more technical striking style. At the same time, Grant hits like a truck and has made his name taking out young prospects as of late. I'm going to hesitantly take Marcos to outwork Grant to a decision. I can definitely see Grant cracking him with a big shot that changes the fight, but he was getting pretty thoroughly beat by Assuncao in his last fight and essentially got the win due to a referee blunder... Marcos just makes more sense to me, here.

Roberts vs. Parsons
Danny Roberts, TKO, R1
Roberts seems to be on the downslide, and he's had quite a bit of attrition throughout his UFC career. However, he's fighting a guy who had to take a three year break due to concussions, hasn't had really any good wins, and has never even fought at the UFC level. Roberts' durability will be a big question mark, but it's hard to picture him losing to Parsons. Roberts ITD.

Diakiese vs. Alvarez
Marc Diakiese, DEC
Alvarez is a super tall lightweight finisher, and I can see why so many people are picking him here. Diakese has been inconsistent and hasn't really lived up to the hype he had at the beginning of his UFC career. With all of that in mind, I think Diakese will be able to pull out a victory in this one. He's got underrated wrestling (Alvarez has very low takedown defense stats), he's only been finished twice in his entire career (only once before round 3), and has more experience at the UFC level. Save for Alvarez having a great performance, I think Diakese will be able to stifle Alvarez's offense with takedowns and cage control.

Parkin vs. Pogues
Jamal Pogues, DEC
Parkin is a big heavyweight who can finish opponents on the feet and on the ground. He's also fought 95% bums. Pogues is the far less athletic fighter between the two, but he's got way better wins and overall just seems to be a more reliable pick. Save for Parkin finding a huge shot, I think Pogues makes it a sloppy decision win.

Barberena vs. Muradov
Makhmud Muradov, DEC
Barberena is moving up in weight, but I can still see him winning here. He's one of the most durable guys in the UFC, and he's fighting a front runner in Muradov. I'm still gonna pick Muradov simply because he's got a bit less wear in recent fights, but I'm not too confident in him.

Vieira vs. Kianzad
Ketlen Vieira, DEC
Viera just does everything Kianzad does, but better. I'm never surprised when a female fighter underperforms, but it's hard to picture Viera losing unless she really messes up.

Duncan vs. Ashmouz
Yanal Ashmouz, TKO, R2
Save for the reach disadvantage and the hometown turf, Duncan should definitely be the underdog in this one. We haven't seen much from Ashmouz in the UFC, but he's demonstrated he can finish people at the highest level. Duncan has shown he can be hurt, and is far too willing to exchange on the feet. I also think Ashmouz just has better wins over better opponents in more established organizations. I think Ashmouz will probably clip Duncan for a finish.

Brasil vs. Bannon
Bruna Brasil, DEC
While I do feel Brasil has shown herself to be the more technical fighter, Bannon's forward pressure makes me worry. Bannon will have the judges on her side, so I can absolutely see her getting the nod simply because she gets some takedowns or has a few good flurries. Gonna pick Brasil, but I won't be surprised if it goes to Bannon.

Filho vs. Barez
Daniel Barez, DEC
Very close match up. Filho has a better strength of schedule, but Barez seems to be a little more put together in terms of his skill set. Filho's only UFC appearance was a losing effort, so I think Barez has a chance to shine here.

* Edited at 07.21.2023, 7:26 PM ET *

"We are all one"

danromanick
danromanick

07.21.2023 | 7:25 PM ET

Who said Bryan was going to win? Going to middleweight is obviously a desperation move to try to find success. The only people who move weight classes and find success while they are older are dudes that are top 5 talents in their previous weight class and just want to change it up a little
RichOsama
RichOsama

07.21.2023 | 7:32 PM ET

Duck

Glad you pointed that out. Idky I got them mixed up. But , anyways. Yeah , Bryan only wins via decision. And Danro , someone in the previous threads said he'd push the pace and finish em. 
MMAparlay69
MMAparlay69
  • Predictions:  384  |  82.3%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: -18

07.21.2023 | 8:46 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4485th

Davey is a easy underdog pick here 
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 4 weeks, 18 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
MMAparlay69
MMAparlay69
  • Predictions:  384  |  82.3%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: -18

07.21.2023 | 8:50 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4485th

Is Bryan vs Makhmud or whatever his name off? I didn’t see them at ceremonial weigh ins
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 4 weeks, 18 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

07.21.2023 | 8:58 PM ET

They were they’re, one of them had something on, so they did that fight first 

"Quack quack quack"

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,554  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,348
  • Post Score: 150

07.21.2023 | 9:02 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1622nd

Was thinking about switching to Parsons all week but after seeing him at the face offs I'm sticking with Roberts. Parsons looks like a chunky featherweight 

Page 22

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Jake Hadley vs. Charles Johnson - Round 1 is complete. Round 2 coming up.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Jake Hadley 60% Charles Johnson 40%
  • Jake "White Kong" Hadley (10-2-0) England, GB is the #23rd Top Flyweight MMA fighter.
  • Charles "InnerG" Johnson (14-6-0) MO, US is the #25th Top Flyweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri