Topic: UFC on ABC 5

UFC on ABC 5: Emmett vs. Topuria

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,804
  • Post Score: 46

03.27.2023 | 5:42 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ABC 5
  • Saturday 06.24.2023 at 11:30 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ABC | Prelims: ESPN
  • Name: UFC on ABC 5: Emmett vs. Topuria
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Jacksonville
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,491,129
  • Attendance: 14,101
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Ilia Topuria   defeats   Josh Emmett   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Maycee Barber   defeats   Amanda Ribas   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:42 Round 2 of 3, 8:42 Total Bout Page
Justin Tafa   vs.   Austen Lane   Ends in a No Contest, Unintentional Eye Poke   0:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
David Onama   defeats   Gabriel Santos   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   4:13 Round 2 of 3, 9:13 Total Bout Page
Brendan Allen   defeats   Bruno Silva   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Neil Magny   defeats   Phil Rowe   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Randy Brown   defeats   Wellington Turman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mateusz Rębecki   defeats   Loik Radzhabov   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   2:36 Round 2 of 3, 7:36 Total Bout Page
Tabatha Ricci   defeats   Gillian Robertson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joshua Van   defeats   Zhalgas Zhumagulov   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chepe Mariscal   defeats   Trevor Peek   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jack Jenkins   defeats   Jamall Emmers   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sedriques Dumas   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 11

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,317  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,878
  • Post Score: -53

06.19.2023 | 1:52 AM ET

Ayy

I agree he has a low to mid ceiling. Like he is not beating top 20 fighters. I just feel he might surprise you with how well he does. Maybe I'm being a Stan but I like him

"Positivity is a positive"

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,685
  • Post Score: 167

06.19.2023 | 1:58 AM ET

Rah

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3265th

"We'll see" isn't an argument bro 
Egor22
Egor22
  • Predictions:  7  |  28.6%
  • Forum Posts:  66
  • Post Score: 21

06.19.2023 | 3:05 AM ET

If Topuria doesn’t finish Emmett in 2 rounds he will get finished. I’ve been betting on Topuria every single fight since he signed with the UFC. His first fight with Zelal he came out strong but gassed out in the end. Almost got KO’d by Jai in London and countryman Bryce who lives in a bus put a pace on him and outwrestled him. 

Disregard Emmett’s last loss him traveling to Australia def took a toll on him and we all know what Yair would do too to anybody including Topuria. In fact Emmett fought pretty good in that fight clipped Yair and took him down after had it been anybody else but Yair they would’ve been KO’d  that temple shot was nasty. Unfortunately Emmett made a mistake and got subbed being on top. Those body shots drastically slowed him down but Topuria doesn’t fight like that. 

Topuria is brawler so and Emmett. I believe whoever lands clean shot first goes down and gets finished on the ground. 

P4P hardest hitter at 145 i would say Emmett if we are talking about just a single punch.

Hard to predict Emmett has the experience, gas tank and chin over Topuria. It could play out 2 ways Pavlovich vs Blaydes where Topuria is Pavlovich or Kattar vs Giga where Emmett is Kattar showing kids levels to this game. Giga made a huge mistake he came out very fast like it was a 3 rounder and gassed out which cost him that fight. 

These odds don’t make sense at all -300 on Topuria who got outwrestled by Bryce and Emmett is much bigger and stronger than this countryman. 

I will take over 1.5 rounds in this fight to me it’s the safest bet. 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,828  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,644
  • Post Score: 261

06.19.2023 | 3:54 AM ET

Egor

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3169th

Mitchel didn't outwresle Topuria, I want to know what meth you were smocking to come up with that conclusion when in reallty, Mitchel got him down once out of like 15 attempt and didn't achieve much with it, 

Also, Usually if a wrestle like Mitchel get multiple takedown attempts on you, He will get you down eventully, Literlly watch any other Bryce Mitchel fight, Topuria showed elite grappling defence by keeping it to a minumon 

"Quack quack quack"

Ledecompte
Ledecompte
  • Predictions:  832  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 35

06.19.2023 | 4:38 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1282nd

Emmett vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, TKO, R1
Topuria by Excecution

Brundage vs. Dumas
Cody Brundage, SUB, R1
Dumas is a bum

Zhumagulov vs. Van
Zhalgas Zhumagulov, DEC
The Asian Paddy Pimblett to save his UFC Career

Ricci vs. Robertson
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R3
Ricci Dominates but Robertson submits outta nowhere rd 3

Peek vs. Mariscal
Trevor Peek, TKO, R1
Heavy hands vs Small for the division

Taira vs. Rodrigues
Tatsuro Taira, DEC
Taira's a ****** Savage dude

"Better to burn out than to fade away"

Lisac
Lisac
  • Predictions:  1,591  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  416
  • Post Score: 205

06.19.2023 | 5:14 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2571st

I haven't posted here in a few months but damn Egor... How did Bryce put a pace and outwrestle Topuria? He was literally on the backfoot the entire time, got all of his takedowns stuffed besides a really good timed one when Topuria overswung, and was fighting with his mouth wide opened struggling to catch a breath or create space to get away from being beat down. He was absolutely dominated start to finish. 

Topuria is also very technical with his boxing and has some great shot selection, I don't know where you get the guy is a brawler although he does tend to overswing, but most of it is him trying to close the distance with combinations due to reach disadvantage, and even then his combos are crisp.

Emmet better chin? Based on what? That headkick from Jai was literally shin to chin, and Jai whips them FAST, like it wasn't some grazing shot it was clean and hard as **** and he still got back up, recovered and managed to win by KO next round.

Only thing I agree is that Topuria can gas himself out because dude is trying to take your head off with every combo, but if he paces himself better and mixes it up he's going to absolutely dominate Emmet who's a one trick pony 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 6 days, 16 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,754  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32,941
  • Post Score: 91

06.19.2023 | 8:09 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2890th

@josh no he’s not lol. Mariscal can make thsi tough for him

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

GAROVAL23
GAROVAL23
  • Predictions:  1,002  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 77

06.19.2023 | 8:39 AM ET

@Egor22 
what you said? How you said Topuria gasses vs zalal in the end? Topuria caught te fight with 5 days, make the weight and win the 3 rounds with a guy that have 4 wins in a year in the UFC. After this fight Zalal never been the same again, Topuria destroid all of his dreams in 15 minuts, Topuria soend a lot of energy in td, subatemps and the only moment that not smash zalal was the las 1-2 minuts, these not is gasses this is what happen when you know that have a win in short notice.

Topuria have better cardio that anyone of the division, he looks better when ufc put more level fighters in front he. These week destroid emmet, i dont now if take 1 round or 4 but only one thing is true, Emmmet dont end this fight.

I’m from Alicante (Spain), im very friend of Aleks (Ilia Beother) and guys, put all your money in ilia finish, Topuria pay the Summer.

Emmet is a predictible man, Yair pass iver him so easy… really see any chance on topuria? These guy only have one big lucky punch and i see topuria train, and topuria have and iron chin and a lion heart, hes ready to die if is necessary to win, for Emmet is her biggest pay in UFC, he want the money and come home, for topuria is the next step in his dream and he work so hard for him.

For talking about another fighters, i like Taira, Magny and Ribas. Taira looked better fight after fight, Rodriguez is good opponent but Taira put to sleep him, Magny and Rivas are the bodyguards of the champs, put the line of the people than can be champ and people that not, Barber and Rowe have good fighters but men, different levels here, saturday see it. 

The other fights anything can happen, Zhalgas and Emmers have a good chance for stay in UFC and i thing these two win here fights, very good trainning camps and you can see that these guys end contract ik these fight. 

For put some Dogs, Peek is a **** but Mariscal not is better, no cardio striker vs not bad grappler, im going with the grappler and the other dog that can win for me is Loik, the fans fight of these event but i think that Loik have more fight IQ, score better and take the UD in a high level fight. 

IF YOU WANT CHANCE YOU SUMMER:

- STEP 1: Sell your hause, car and anything you have for make all the money you can before saturday.
- STEP 2: Going to your favorite bookie. 
- STEP 3: Put all 3/4 of your money on topuria win into distance an 1/4 in topuria win and less than 2.5 rounds. 
- STEP 4: Thank me later and when you have childs you are obligate to put Ilia to name him.
- STEP 5: Buy better hause. better car and change your woman for another more young. 
SenselessSun
SenselessSun
  • Predictions:  165  |  53.9%
  • Forum Posts:  155
  • Post Score: 39

06.19.2023 | 9:37 AM ET

@Garoval23

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3169th

Pro meat rider here ladies and gentleman.
Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus
  • Predictions:  23,272  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  461
  • Post Score: 184

06.19.2023 | 10:37 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2973rd

ye

* Edited at 06.19.2023, 10:37 AM ET *

"what aint no country I've ever heard of. they speak English in what?"

Asskickryu
Asskickryu
  • Predictions:  749  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  78
  • Post Score: 29

06.19.2023 | 11:23 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3809th

Emmett vs. Topuria
Josh Emmett, TKO, R2
Both of them has bomb in hands. Definitely they will throw bombs each other and Emmet will ko Topuria. Topuria's striking is really good but he shows weak striking defense. If topuria want win the fight he need to use he's wrestling and ju jitsu skill. But emmett is also good wrestler  he will defend well. they will trade bomb each other and emmett will brutally kol him.

* Edited at 06.19.2023, 11:30 AM ET *

Asskickryu
Asskickryu
  • Predictions:  749  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  78
  • Post Score: 29

06.19.2023 | 11:27 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3809th

Emmett 8% really? Topuria's chin always widely open when he throw punches. Emmett is strongest hitter in 145. They will fight in boxing range. They have similar exchange range. Emmett will ko him in his range.
Egor22
Egor22

06.19.2023 | 1:02 PM ET

@GAROVAL23 
To say Topuria has better cardio is crazy did you ever watch his fights? 

Topuria will be at disadvantage in this fight size wise. Emmett is a huge guy, Topuria won’t be able to wrestle him plus Emmett has chin. I do believe we’re going to see Emmett putting a beating on Topuria here. Topuria might win 1st round but later in the fight he stars gassing out and Emmett will exploit it. 

I had the same thought process about Kattar vs Giga. Ppl had so much hype behind Giga elite kickboxer, undefeated in the UFC etc and Kattar coming off a brutal one-sided fight against Max. One trick pony Kattar jab all day and hope the opponent doesn’t move their head. Emmett has wrestling, left hook and power. What happened to those who picked Giga over Kattar?

I got Emmett by showing levels to Topuria. They’re pushing Topuria way to fast here IMO. No offense to all Topuria fans.

* Edited at 06.19.2023, 1:04 PM ET *

Rah123
Rah123

06.19.2023 | 2:39 PM ET

Lol at all these fools picking Emmett over Topuria.

Just say you are a casual who doesn't have a clue

Rah123
Rah123

06.19.2023 | 2:41 PM ET

Please guys, please bet Emmett. Put the house on it. 

Please give me better odds on Topuria. 

And when I pile up the cash I will give you the address of your local homeless shelter for you to move to

GAROVAL23
GAROVAL23

06.19.2023 | 2:46 PM ET

@Egor22 
definitly you dont know who is Ilia Topuria. Tell me something satudarday 😉

Topuria is on other level. And if you think that emmet can knockout Ilia you are crazy, you look how recover after the kick from Herbert? If another fighter recive this kick stay sleeping 3 months, and he come back and destroid Jai in stricking. I see Ilia trainning with Merab and another top fighters, i see him recive big punches from top boxers and he stay up and landing bombs,  man only volk can stop him in these division, Emmet is a very good figther, i bet him vs Kattar, but  Ilia is a top level fighter, its imposible that Emmet stay more than 2 rounds, i give him max 10 minuts. 
GAROVAL23
GAROVAL23

06.19.2023 | 2:48 PM ET

@SenselessSun 
i dont know what is pro meat rider but you more 😂😂

Keep calm and put your money on Topuria. 
Egor22
Egor22

06.19.2023 | 2:49 PM ET

@Rah123 
You sound like you work in the local grocery shop and telling everyone please bet on Emmett so i could get better value on Topuria at -300. I’ve seen these boys on the stock market forums all of them were kids that were bragging about big bets bla bla but in reality their max bet is $100. If you’re laying juice on Topuria -300 good luck. Topuria was -190 against Bryce but -300 against Emmett LOL
Egor22
Egor22

06.19.2023 | 2:57 PM ET

@Rah123 
BTW Aren’t you that guy who was so loud telling bet the house on Henry he’s going to make it look easy? I went back and copied all your responses. I bet you’re delusional trying to impress people how good you are.

1) I really like your theory of Cejudo KO. Makes sense. 

There is zero chance Aljo CoMain is taking down Cejudo.

In reality Aljo took Cejudo down 4 times

2) I am super confident in him. Just like I was super confident in John Jones against Cyril Gane. Just like I was confident in Islam Makhachev against Charles Oliviera. There is a championship level of fighter that I have faith and will put my money on every time. Henry Cejudo is that level in my opinion. If I am wrong then I am wrong, but I don't think I will be. 

3) You are going to be very disappointed my freind. Aljo is getting schooled.

OK BUDDY! 
Andrew1047
Andrew1047
  • Predictions:  4,311  |  82.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,813
  • Post Score: -82

06.19.2023 | 2:59 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3983rd

If anyone wants to bet on Emmett this weekend, please just PayPal the money to me directly instead 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 22 hours, and 59 minutes from now.

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Tank Abbott Blames ‘Crooked’ Ex-Referee ‘Big’ John McCarthy for Getting Him Kicked Out of the UFC
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Alex Pereira take on UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa in sparring
  • MMA Junkie : Extra expenses not ideal, but Garrett Armfield makes case for early UFC fights overseas
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Opens Fire On Nicholas Meregali For Allegedly Having A Teenage Girlfriend
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: ONE 167 ceremonial weigh-ins and fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : Ex-Bellator prospect Valerie Loureda has become her ‘true self’ as WWE’s Lola Vice
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: Nobody wants to see Mike Tyson get beat by 'f*cking jerk-off' Jake Paul
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Announces New Date for Anticipated Boxing Clash with ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: ‘Cannonier Vs Imavov’ Predictions
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch Friday's PFL Europe 2 ceremonial weigh-ins live on MMA Junkie at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Reopen, Adjust Paul-Tyson Odds
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL MENA 2 lineup announced
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: McGregor vs. Chandler optimism, Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul back on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 video: Jared Cannonier, Nassourdine Imavov get face to face for main event
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Cannonier Stares Down Imavov In Louisville!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It could be a good idea’: Arum reacts to notion of Top Rank vs Golden Boy card
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor releases bevy of training footage amid UFC 303 speculation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville weigh-in results: Eduarda Moura misses weight for second straight fight
  • Middle Easy : Former U.S. President Donald Trump Hails Khabib Nurmagomedov as the ‘Greatest Fighter of All Time’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 weigh-in results: One heavy, but headliners Cannonier and Imavov on point