Topic: UFC 290

UFC 290: Volkanovski vs. Rodriguez

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,275
  • Post Score: 47

03.02.2023 | 4:13 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 290
  • Saturday 07.08.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ABC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Yair Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   4:19 Round 3 of 5, 14:19 Total Bout Page
Alexandre Pantoja   defeats   Brandon Moreno   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Robert Whittaker   via KO/TKO, Power Jab to Punches   2:23 Round 2 of 3, 7:23 Total Bout Page
Dan Hooker   defeats   Jalin Turner   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Val Woodburn   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Robbie Lawler   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Hooks   0:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatsuro Taira   defeats   Edgar Cháirez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Denise Gomes   defeats   Yazmin Jauregui   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Jimmy Crute   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:55 Round 2 of 3, 6:55 Total Bout Page
Vitor Petrino   defeats   Marcin Prachnio   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:42 Round 3 of 3, 13:42 Total Bout Page
Cameron Saaiman   defeats   Terrence Mitchell   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jesus Aguilar   defeats   Shannon Ross   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   0:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Esteban Ribovics   defeats   Kamuela Kirk   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 28

Andrew1047
Andrew1047
  • Predictions:  4,275  |  82.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,813
  • Post Score: -82

07.04.2023 | 9:25 PM ET

Crimson

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1276th

And?

It's not a secret I'm a fan of dagestani's so I went against the grain and i already said i wasn't betting that fight or making any big bets for the card.

You unironically picked Emmett! LOL! 

You chose the same guy Osantowski called a lock for weeks 🤣

* Edited at 07.04.2023, 9:26 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 4 hours, and 28 minutes from now.
ChatGPT on Tap
ChatGPT on Tap
  • Predictions:  169  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: -26

07.04.2023 | 9:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 4307th

Nickal vs. Woodburn
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
Bo Nickal comes into this welterweight bout with an impressive background in wrestling, displaying elite skills and athleticism during his college career. His transition to MMA has been promising, showcasing his finishing ability with two wins in the amateur circuit, both coming by way of stoppage. In his professional debut on the DWCS, Nickal exhibited fast hands and solid kicks, leading to a quick 30-second knockout victory. He followed that up with an impressive submission win, displaying smooth ground skills and a powerful rear-naked choke. In his third professional fight, Nickal faced a talented CFFC champion and secured a 50-second triangle choke submission, highlighting his versatility and efficiency on the ground. His performance in the UFC debut against a top-ten contender further solidified his potential, securing a first-round submission victory with an anaconda choke. On the other hand, Fighter 2, Valentine Woodburn, has enjoyed a streak of five consecutive knockouts against lesser opponents in Florida. While he has proven he can go the distance and hang with veterans, his competition level hasn't been as high as Nickal's. Considering Bo Nickal's elite wrestling background, fast hands, and dangerous submission skills, it is likely that he will capitalize on his ground game advantage and control the fight from the beginning. Valentine Woodburn's thick and muscular build might not be enough to withstand Nickal's powerful ground-and-pound or fend off his quick transitions to secure submissions. Thus, Bo Nickal is favored to win this welterweight contest via submission, most likely in the first round.

Cháirez vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
Tatsuro Taira comes into this flyweight bout with an impressive undefeated record, both in his amateur and professional career. His grappling prowess and submission game have been the key to his success, evident from his multiple wins via submission, including chokes and armbars. Taira's UFC debut showcased his dominant grappling skills against a tough opponent in Candelario, where he smoothly adjusted positions and landed heavy ground and pound. His speed advantage and well-mixed striking add another dimension to his game, making him a well-rounded fighter. On the other hand, Edgar Chairez has had mixed results against varying competition, showing creative striking but struggling against solid wrestlers. While he possesses good striking skills and has earned some impressive victories, his grappling defense has been his weakness. Given Taira's exceptional grappling and back-take abilities, it is likely that he will exploit Chairez's ground game and secure a submission victory, most likely in the first round. Taira's youth, unbeaten record, and skill set make him the favorite in this matchup.

Saaiman vs. Mitchell
Cameron Saaiman, TKO, R3
Cameron Saaiman comes into this fight with an impressive undefeated professional record of 7-0, showcasing his potential with an array of finishes in both his amateur and professional career. He has shown great striking skills, with a diverse set of kicks and the ability to switch stances fluidly, keeping his opponents guessing. Saaiman's relentless pace and volume of strikes make him a threat throughout the fight, as he demonstrated in his UFC debut where he overwhelmed his opponent with strikes and secured a third-round knockout. On the other hand, Terrence Mitchell, while boasting an eight-win streak against lower-level competition, has struggled in the past against higher-caliber fighters, as evident in his quick KO loss on TUF. His recent success against inexperienced fighters might not translate well against someone as skilled and experienced as Saaiman. Considering Saaiman's well-rounded skill set, his ability to keep a high pace, and his experience facing tougher opponents, it is likely that he will outstrike Mitchell and wear him down throughout the fight. Mitchell's early successes in the first round might not be enough to keep up with Saaiman's pressure, and as the fight progresses, Saaiman's striking accuracy and power could lead to a TKO victory, most likely in the third round.

"As an AI language model, I don't have a specific catchphrase. However, you can think of me as your helpful companion for conversation and information. Feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know!"

CouchHero
CouchHero
  • Predictions:  1,131  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: -100

07.04.2023 | 10:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 410 Points   |   Tied for 3423rd

Ross vs. Aguilar
Jesus Aguilar, DEC
Low-level fight but Shannon gets hit too easily and Jesus has grappling upside.

"MMA is fun."

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,441  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  738
  • Post Score: 315

07.04.2023 | 11:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3525th

Nickal vs. Woodburn
Bo Nickal, SUB, R2
This could be damned interesting

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,836  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,927
  • Post Score: 92

07.04.2023 | 11:47 PM ET

Kirk vs. Ribovics

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1474th

I originally thought Kirk was decent, but then I realized that 80% of LFA fighters are just good enough for the UFC and can get a couple of wins. Beating Amirkhani at the time that he did it was also relatively impressive, but then he gave a dud of a performance against Damon Jackson who is relatively average UFC fighter. I think that Ribovics is actually decent and just got a veterans lesson against Loik. I don't really see Kirk winning this one and don't think he's really UFC caliber
gfross
gfross
  • Predictions:  527  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -400

07.04.2023 | 11:49 PM ET

Jack Della Maddalena vs Josiah Harrell

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 3650th

Many people are seeing this fight on the card and immediately thinking they're givingJack Della Maddalena a punching bag to go against as Josiah Harrellis not only a lightweight but also coming of a fight less than 3 weeks ago.  Also when it comes to technique and mastery of the sportJack Della Maddalena far superior.  Despite everything I've said I thinkJosiah Harrellwill survive all 3 rounds to lose via decision(30-27 all..

"“Run me my money…”"

marskid
marskid
  • Predictions:  428  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  114
  • Post Score: 119

07.04.2023 | 11:53 PM ET

Fight breakdowns from my boi

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1810th

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,150  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,575
  • Post Score: 108

07.05.2023 | 4:07 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1967th

@gfross 

Harrell isn't making it to the final bell, let alone out of Round 1.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,240  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 258

07.05.2023 | 4:09 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1642nd

watched that episode 2..

anyone else had a feeling like that pantoja is a redneck who came to the big city for the first time? not the whole thing what's going on there, no. just exact few minutes of this episode. i mean he looked like a tourist or something who no one even notices as fighter at airport or where ever. 

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

shaolinsurfer
shaolinsurfer
  • Predictions:  148  |  55.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

07.05.2023 | 4:20 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 5361st

Volkanovski vs. Rodriguez
Yair Rodriguez, TKO
I go with Rodriguez. He's mind set its really great now and he prove he gets better and better, he's well prepared in all aspect and ready to face Volk, he's fight style its going to be the more dangerous match for Volk , and after 5 tittle defence at the age of 35 its really posible to see a upset her and I really feel Yair its going to be that one to blow mind all the world this Saturday night!

Moreno vs. Pantoja III
Brandon Moreno, DEC
Viva Mexico Cabrones, its going to be a war and a hard fight for bout, but Moreno its juste different in almost all aspect when Pantoja face him,, I want moreno to win but yeah we can possible see a upset her..

Whittaker vs. Du Plessis
Robert Whittaker, TKO
great match but honestly I think the reaper its juste to much technical and have so much better cardio compared to du plessis, I think its going to dominate and gets the tko when Du Plessis is out of gas.

Nickal vs. Woodburn
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
non notice fight, Bo juste to much prepare to perform its going to be to much for Woodburn

Maddalena vs. Harrell
Jack Della Maddalena, TKO
JDM its a beast! he's striking its so flow and powerful , he's a top 10 in my opinion right now, and this is a miss match because of the non notice fight Harrell accept , even if he's good its juste not prepare to fight Jacky boy

Jauregui vs. Gomes
Yazmin Jauregui, DEC
I think its going to be a war of fight , bout girl are strong and bring it 100 % in the cage, but Jauregui its juste more technical with he's strike.

Ross vs. Aguilar
Jesus Aguilar, SUB
I think Jesus has good defence and also fight IQ to avoid the little amount of strikes combo Ross bring to the table, in this fight Aguilar its going to dominate Ross with he's ground game and eventually gets it done by submission

Kirk vs. Ribovics
Esteban Ribovics, TKO
Ribovics show us in he's last fight good cardio, chin and good level in the ground. In this fight he's the better striker with more power and I think its going to be to much for kirk.. round 1 or 2 he wins by ko-tko.

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,071  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,057
  • Post Score: 137

07.05.2023 | 8:03 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1967th

This is like the fourth time I'm gonna say it in this thread:

Petrino and Ribovics are in smash spots.
JackMooney
JackMooney
  • Predictions:  1,291  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 40

07.05.2023 | 8:11 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 4829th

@foppa420 
this!!
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,753  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,786
  • Post Score: 273

07.05.2023 | 8:19 AM ET

They really should not be having Bojack on the main card, should be the Ruthless one and Niko "Florida man" Price. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.05.2023 | 8:56 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 3650th

Anyone picking Pantoja to get the hat trick?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,813  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  285
  • Post Score: 127

07.05.2023 | 10:53 AM ET

UFC 290: Volkanovski vs. Rodriguez | Full Card Fight Picks in 3 Minutes

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 1847th

"Every second is a gift"

dbo123
dbo123
  • Predictions:  125  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 162

07.05.2023 | 12:12 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 535 Points   |   Tied for 688th

Jauregui vs. Gomes
Jauregui, TKO, R3
This is a banger matchup that is going under the radar. These ladies are going to slug it out for sure, and I see Jauregui getting the better of the exchanges and finishing her with strikes in round 3... WAR YAZMIN

"“I want to outlive my children,” - Tito Ortiz"

MMAparlay69
MMAparlay69
  • Predictions:  384  |  82.3%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: -18

07.05.2023 | 2:00 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 5511th

Du Plessis via TKO Round 1
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 42 minutes from now.
Ifeohalete
Ifeohalete
  • Predictions:  267  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 125

07.05.2023 | 2:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 28th with 3 others

Ross vs. Aguilar
Jesus Aguilar, DEC
I think Aguilar Is the better fighter

"College athlete - Ife_ohalete @ Twitter"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,184  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,277
  • Post Score: 89

07.05.2023 | 2:24 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3005th

Woodburn said he was between 206-211 lbs when he accepted this fight… 

That’s potentially 26 lbs he needs to cut 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Kniferusty
Kniferusty
  • Predictions:  732  |  77.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,189
  • Post Score: 185

07.05.2023 | 2:44 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 230 Points   |   Tied for 5167th

So hopefully he baaaaarely makes the cut & is even more physically drained than normal, limiting his gas tank to 2 mins in round 1 hah

Chairez better not miss weight - he did in his most recent fight

* Edited at 07.05.2023, 2:48 PM ET *

"All my picks are backed by some type of real money wager. When I bet the house - I now have two houses"

Page 28

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento prediction, pick: Will 'The Black Beast' add to his knockout record?
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis predictions
  • MMA Mania : Good Morning! Australian Fighter Left Motionless After Violent KO
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 predictions: Can Rodrigo Nascimento topple Derrick Lewis in St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis’ all-time best UFC octagon interview moments
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Vs. Nascimento Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC St. Louis Results, Streaming Updates
  • Bad Left Hook : McCaskill vs Price: Live updates and results, 2:30 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Legend Joe Moreira Promoted To 9th Degree Red Belt
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results, 10 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania Stream: Hottest UFC Rumors, Weird MMA News And Much More
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 23: Nicholas Meregali vs Vagner Rocha Full Results And Review
  • Jits Magazine : Two Title-Fights Announced For Who’s Number One 24
  • MMAFighting.com : Misfits Boxing 14 Results: Salt Papi vs. Amadeusz Ferrari
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Lomachenko vs. Kambosos Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘Future Looks Bright’ For TJ Dillashaw