Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Dern vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,700
  • Post Score: 46

02.21.2023 | 11:49 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Anthony Hernandez   defeats   Edmen Shahbazyan   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:01 Round 3 of 3, 11:01 Total Bout Page
Lupita Godinez   defeats   Emily Ducote   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joaquin Buckley   defeats   Andre Fialho   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   4:15 Round 2 of 3, 9:15 Total Bout Page
Diego Ferreira   defeats   Michael Johnson   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   1:50 Round 2 of 3, 6:50 Total Bout Page
Viacheslav Borshchev   defeats   Maheshate Hayisaer   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   2:37 Round 2 of 3, 7:37 Total Bout Page
Karolina Kowalkiewicz   defeats   Vanessa Demopoulos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gilbert Urbina   defeats   Orion Cosce   via KO/TKO, Front Kick to Body   2:55 Round 2 of 3, 7:55 Total Bout Page
Rodrigo Nascimento   defeats   Ilir Latifi   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Nick Fiore   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Natália Silva   defeats   Victoria Leonardo   via KO/TKO, Punches and Head Kick   2:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Themba Gorimbo   defeats   Takashi Sato   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 12

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,151  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,802
  • Post Score: -24

05.15.2023 | 2:07 PM ET

****les

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 7 Perfect, 755 Points   |   26th Place

GROUND and POUND, keyword here "ground"

MMA definition of striking includes the word "STANDING"

based on your logic khabib has outstruck RDA, Michael Johnson, Edson Barboza, Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier, Justin Gaethje and is the greatest striker in UFC history

just stop bro, you've embarassed yourself too much already

* Edited at 05.15.2023, 2:12 PM ET *

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

05.15.2023 | 2:09 PM ET

el222

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2332nd

I'll do whatever the f'ck I want even if that means I see you in 10 (Yes I won't stop being racist towards China except for Weili she isn't Chinese) and you're looking at guys feet. Thats weird brother, it wouldn't stop being weird even if you did such a comment on a female fighter. Respectfully but bro keep your fetishes out of El Tapology
baremaras
baremaras

05.15.2023 | 2:11 PM ET

there's no room for racists on tapology.
TLRulebender
TLRulebender

05.15.2023 | 2:16 PM ET

Make me not racist, I'll wait lmfao 
el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,685
  • Post Score: 166

05.15.2023 | 2:18 PM ET

TLrulebender

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 685 Points   |   199th Place

pressed over nothing 
baremaras
baremaras

05.15.2023 | 2:18 PM ET

TLrulebender

proper education and proper upbringing should have made you "not racist", not my fault you didnt enjoy any of those things
tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  54,034  |  75.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,363
  • Post Score: 168

05.15.2023 | 2:23 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 2923rd

Mackenzie Dern isn't just one of the best grapplers in the UFC, she is also one of the most beautiful women in the UFC.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

05.15.2023 | 2:26 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4132nd

@TLRulebender I'm not going to suspend you for saying you are racist, since it's not clear what exactly your definition is and what you really mean. But if you do follow up with saying racist things we will gladly oblige and give you a suspension.

* Edited at 05.15.2023, 2:26 PM ET *

"I live, I die, I live again."

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

05.15.2023 | 2:40 PM ET

The thing is Poland has 0 history with racism, 0. Outside of that the educational system in Poland is not good, we're getting punished for dumbest sh't ever. We're burnt out to the point of insanity and our only relief is an energy drink. Longevity? What is this 

Anyway, beefs aside having Yan win vs Andrade I think that Dern should be a favourite heading into this fight, her fight with Yan was pretty good idt she won or it was a draw, I scored it 48-47 Yan but expected some ******y to occur. That being said Hill is 38 and the smaller fighters always start aging badly at 36yo and Hill did not look hot recently in her fights credits to her for somehow pulling them victories and becoming a proud mother of Emilly Ducote and Lupita Godinez. Since I like making you guys money Im gonna lay The Rulebenders curse on 
HILL
By decision
And I rly rly do hope she wins Angie is one wholesome woman that I wish the best. 
Anyway into slumber I go see you in 10
TLRulebender
TLRulebender

05.15.2023 | 2:42 PM ET

Gregory

Basicly I do The Rocks version of Chinese to disrespect Chinese fighters (Namely Li Jingliang). 

* Edited at 05.15.2023, 2:42 PM ET *

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

05.15.2023 | 2:45 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3047th

@Baremaras ok, so this is what I mean. You actually don't understand how striking is tallied and scored. You're just operating on home-brewed wisdom. You are yet again definitionally, categorically wrong. And it's important that you learn why, because this is why you're not very good at scoring fights.

Now, pay attention here. This is going to help you.

UFC uses the fightmetric system, which defines significant strikes asAll strikes at distance and power strikes in the clinch and on the ground.

Absolutely nowhere, anywhere, at any point in history is there a clause which denotes "Standing" as a separate, unique category that is used in considering what validates a strike as significant. That's just something you've invented to try and save face.

The reason the definition is designed this way is that it ties into the scoring criteria. Impact is the primary criteria, and if a strike is significant it causes impact. If one fighter demonstrates dominance in the primary criteria in a round, they win that round. No other scoring aspects such as control may enter the decision making of the judges.

So let's look at the Brunson fight yet again, because it's a great case example of why you're insane. Here are the stats for that fight. It is your contention that Edmen has never been outstruck on the feet.

But this is objectively false. As you can see, Brunson landed 60% of total sig strikes, while Edmen only landed 40%. You're also wrong about most of the strikes Brunson landed having been in GNP. He landed only 23 sig strikes on the ground--the majority came at distance,which is actually what you think a significant strike is.Even though it isn't.But event if it was, you would still be wrong.

Edmen has been outstruck multiple times in the UFC. In the above example, he literally got outstruck in every single category save body shots.

People, please don't take advice from Baremaras.Not only is he consistently in error, but he also lacks even a cursory understanding of what a strike is, how strikes are defined, and lies, deliberately, to support his own betting hypotheses.  It's the usual combination of rampant narcissism and Dunning-Kruger effect.  Always do your own research, and don't get taken in by faux-gambling-millionaire charlatans.

* Edited at 05.15.2023, 2:57 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 3 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
baremaras
baremaras

05.15.2023 | 2:55 PM ET

****les

you are actually god awful at arguing, LMAO

you keep making up stuff that I haven't said and arguing against those things instead of actually arguing against what I've really said (this is called a straw man fallacy btw and you keep doing it repeatedly)

when did I say a strike on the ground isn't a significant strike?

when did I ever talk about judging a fight or judging criteria?

when did I ever say that significant strikes on the ground aren't judged appropriately?

please, go watch the fight and stop using stats over and over again - if stats were the end all be all then picking fights would be reaaaaaaaaaally easy. Edmen comfortably won R1 on the feet and then lost R2 because he got outwrestled and outgrappled, nowhere in that fight did he get outstruck on the feet by Brunson consistently.

why aren't you replying to my above comment?

based on your logic, Khabib has outstruck every single opponent he has ever faced and also based on that same logic he is the greatest striker in UFC history. do you agree with that statement? if not, you're going against your own logic.

this picture is enough to refute every single thing you've said and enough to support every single thing I've said.

so now that we've got what the MMA definition of striking is out of the way (which is widely agreed upon by both fans and experts of the sport), please tell me: When has Edmen been outstruck? and when has Edmen displayed a "brittle chin"? 

* Edited at 05.15.2023, 3:01 PM ET *

****les
****les

05.15.2023 | 3:04 PM ET

@Baremaras there is so many levels of fail here it is truly breathtaking. The last line in the very image you posted--which again is wrong, because that's not how fight metric defines striking--says that striking can be part of a fighter's ground game. In that instance, the strikes would be considered...well, strikes.Again, this is based on a misconception and isn't the official way striking is defined.

And all of this is moot because Brunson outstruck Edmen on the feet and you explicitly stated this had never happened.

It did, you just have no idea what you're talking about.

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 3 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
baremaras
baremaras

05.15.2023 | 3:14 PM ET

****les

"striking can be part of a fighter's ground game" means that people use jabs and feints to set up their takedowns, LOL

how do you not understand that? like did I really have to point that out for you? this is literally basic, elementary stuff that if you spent even a tiny amount of your time watching MMA you would know yourself

you can search for the definition of MMA striking yourself if you think the one in my screenshot is wrong, you won't get a different definition

fight metric is literally just a statistical database and it only defines what counts as a STRIKE on a STATISTICAL sheetscore, not what MMA striking is...

are you even paying attention??? thats literally a straw man right there from you, I never disputed what a strike is statistically.. I disputed your argument that Edmen has been oustruck in MMA before which is simply not true because in the context of MMA, outstriking someone requires both of the opponents to be in a standing position

still though, you didn't reply to ANYTHING I said in my post.. what about the Khabib part? is Khabib the greatest striker in UFC history? because that's what your logic suggests...

I actually feel bad having to talk to you and treat you in such a demeaning way but your knowledge in MMA is really lacking so you're definitely not leaving me any other choice, hopefully i'm not hurting your feelings

* Edited at 05.15.2023, 3:35 PM ET *

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  3,031  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 269

05.15.2023 | 3:42 PM ET

you are actually god awful at arguing. LMAO

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 322nd

Baremaras- Master Debater

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

****les
****les

05.15.2023 | 3:43 PM ET

You know, I blame myself for getting into arguments with people of shallow intellect. It's like playing table tennis against someone who is terrible at table tennis. It doesn't matter how well you play, it's still going to be a bad game.

@Baremaras I have given you the official definition of what constitutes a significant strike as per fightmetric, which is officially what the UFC uses. I have disproved your contention that Edmen has never been outstruck by providing the stats of the Brunson fight, which show he was. Everywhere.

To answer your question--which amazingly you think is some profundity leading to some form of win--No, I don't think Khabib is the greatest striker of all time, and attempting to qualify him as that on his record of landing more sig strikes than his opponents would be a ******** way of doing that. They're totally unrelated. Your reasoning is based on a logical fallacy. You are affirming the consequent by conflating 'best' with 'most' and impact with position. It does not follow that because Khabib landed more significant strikes than his opponents that he is the 'best' striker of all time. There are and have been many strikers with greater accuracy and SLPM than Khabib, who are and have been far more technical than khabib. 

None of this changes that a significant strike is still a significant strike whether landed on the feet, or the ground. A significant strike is not qualified by from whence it is thrown. It is qualified on the basis of impact. If someone lands more sig strikes than their opponent, they have, both by definition and by every metric, outstruck them. It doesn't matter in what capacity that happens. This isn't rocket science. None of this changes that you explicitly stated that Edmen had never been outstruck both on the feet and the ground, and I proved you wrong.

* Edited at 05.15.2023, 3:47 PM ET *

baremaras
baremaras

05.15.2023 | 3:49 PM ET

****les

another straw man by you, LOL

"you explicitly stated that Edmen had never been outstruck both on the feet and the ground", I literally never said the words "outstruck both on the feet and on the ground" and more specifically never said "outstruck on the ground" because that would be an oxymoron. you can't outstrike someone on the ground.. outstriking someone is a standing battle on the feet while the phrase "on the ground" implies something different - a grappling exchange (ground and pound is a result of grappling exchanges and isn't "outstriking" someone)

landing more significant strikes than someone else isn't OUTSTRIKING somenoe, *** kind of logic is that? not only this isn't true because of ground and pound strikes but even in purely standing striking scenarios it isn't true. Font landed way more significant strikes than Chito, did he outstrike Chito? Dominick landed way more significant strikes than Chito, did he outstrike Chito? please, stop with these terrible takes

like I said, fight metric as an entity is a STATISTICAL data base that keeps track of STATISTICAL occurencies... I never debated about what counts as a significant strike or not on the statistical sheetscore.

you're genuinely an NPC, please stick to the misc thread

* Edited at 05.15.2023, 4:02 PM ET *

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet

05.15.2023 | 3:51 PM ET

if you love edmen so much why don't you just make out with him

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

baremaras
baremaras

05.15.2023 | 3:51 PM ET

zoomerbet

cringe as ****
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet

05.15.2023 | 3:55 PM ET

so cringey bro, total NPC behavior

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler Dublin press conference postponed
  • MMA Mania : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Press Conference Postponed!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC postpones Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler press conference in Dublin
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Slags Arthur Guinness As Stout War Turns Hot
  • MMA Mania : Costa Done With Points: ‘I Will Take Heads Off’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC full fight video: Watch Conor McGregor's history-making KO of Eddie Alvarez
  • MMAFighting.com : Jailton Almeida explains UFC Paris callout, predicts finish of Ciryl Gane
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 post-event facts: Islam Makhachev joins exclusive club with 14-fight winning streak
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Better or worse? UFC 302 winners grade the new UFC gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Holland breaks down armbar finish of Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Jailton Almeida wants UFC main event fight vs. Ciryl Gane in Paris: 'I can see myself finishing him'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch epic promo for UFC 303: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler
  • Jits Magazine : Tainan Dalpra Diqualified From IBJJF World Championship 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Dustin Poirier after UFC 302 title loss?
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland ‘heard the pop’ during nasty arm break on Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Can Still Compete With These Guys’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Today Islam grew a lot': Khabib Nurmagomedov praises Makhachev's performance at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Frustrated Paulo Costa vows to bring back old style after UFC 302 loss: ‘F*ck points or conserving energy’
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Islam Makhachev after UFC 302 title defense?