Topic: Melvin Guillard

Exclusive: Melvin Guillard Aiming for Gold in 2011

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.13.2011 | 5:34 AM ET

Check out the blog this morning for an in-depth interview with Melvin Guillard, as we discuss his evolution and his upcoming fight. Also get his thoughts on Tito Ortiz and BJ Penn.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Melvin Paul Guillard, Jr.
  • Pro MMA Record: 32-22-2, 3 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Young Assassin
  • Current Streak: 9 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 18, 2019 in UCL
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 178.1 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 5'9" (176cm) | Reach: 71.0" (180cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $601,000 USD
  • Born: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
  • Fighting out of: Denver, Colorado
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,571
  • Post Score: 275

01.13.2011 | 5:54 AM ET

If he can beat Dunham, he might be only a fight away from a title shot. So maybe his 2011 goal can come true.

"I live, I die, I live again."

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

01.13.2011 | 5:56 AM ET

I think he's the best athlete in the division. You could argue it's BJ Penn but they are very different types of athletes.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.13.2011 | 6:17 AM ET

i think its great to see melvin finally maturing. hopefully he doesn't make me eat my words, but training with all the guys at jacksons definately gives him the best shot achieving his goal. if he and guida keep winning it could get interesting in the LW division.
Goose
Goose
  • Predictions:  54  |  53.7%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 41

01.13.2011 | 9:54 AM ET

Melvin does seem to have gone away and put the time into improving his game. I think he alsays had skill he just needed to put it all together and now this could be his year.

"Be Good, Get Good or Get the Hell Out. "

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

01.13.2011 | 10:25 AM ET

he does have the tools to be great, amazing stand up and KO power, good TDD and scrambles. Jackson has done a lot to improve his ground game and Winklejohn has matured his stand up and jab. His head seems to be on straight which really was his biggest obstacle to order to reach his potential. 

"fresh outta Oakland..."

mrgreen6972
mrgreen6972
  • Predictions:  1,364  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 25

01.15.2011 | 10:08 PM ET

If Guillard got a title shot he would be a bad matchup for Edgar. Guillard's speed could be a problem for Edgar.

"Back then they didn't want me now I'm hot they all on me"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : The History And Significance Of The ADCC Submission Fighting World Championship
  • UFC.com : UFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership With PCYC NSW
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘King’ Of The Jungle?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 card official with 13 bouts
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’