Topic: UFC 265

UFC 265: Lewis vs. Gane

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,506
  • Post Score: 46

04.15.2021 | 9:51 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 265
  • Saturday 08.07.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Toyota Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $3,460,000
  • Attendance: 16,604
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 675,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims, 823k peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Derrick Lewis   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 3 of 5, 14:11 Total Bout Page
José Aldo   defeats   Pedro Munhoz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vicente Luque   defeats   Michael Chiesa   via Submission, D'arce Choke   3:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tecia Pennington   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Yadong Song   defeats   Casey Kenney   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Bobby Green   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vince Morales   defeats   Drako Rodriguez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Ed Herman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jessica Penne   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via Submission, Armbar   4:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Manel Kape   defeats   Ode Osbourne   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   4:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Miles Johns   defeats   Anderson dos Santos   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   1:16 Round 3 of 3, 11:16 Total Bout Page
Melissa Gatto   defeats   Victoria Leonardo   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (broken Arm)   5:00 Round 2 of 3, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Johnny Munoz Jr.   defeats   Jamey Simmons   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:35 Round 2 of 3, 7:35 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 57

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,239  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 331

08.09.2021 | 4:10 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1343rd

@Hideff.. absolutely agree. He believed he would dominate Luque on the ground and paid the price for it. Even myself thought he would grind Luque out.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.09.2021 | 4:17 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3103rd

I had a Fiziev Aldo Luque parlay for +376 and I was ****ting myself while he had his back. 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,601
  • Post Score: 261

08.09.2021 | 4:34 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 620 Points   |   539th Place

Just saying Curtis Blaydes did the same thing to Lewis as Gane did before he got uppercutted to death going back to his roots with the wrestling, Blaydes ain’t even the best stand up fighter in the world, and he did that. This isn’t to **** on Gane, Gane is really good, I won a bit on Gane by Ko as I thought he was gonna kick the **** out of his legs and body

Also, still pissed off that a judge gave it to Kenny, as I thought that fight was a clear 30-27 for Song, going forward shouldn’t get you decsion if the guy your fighting is doing more damage, Going forward achieve nothing beside getting you ass kick quicker

Vicente should fight Leon for a title elimanter, both guy never fought for the title and are on good win streaks 

Also, Aldo boxing looked increable 

* Edited at 08.09.2021, 4:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

08.10.2021 | 4:36 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2885th

Luque johns menifield parlay👌🏻
Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,186  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

08.10.2021 | 5:27 AM ET

Heh.

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 1056th

* Edited at 08.10.2021, 5:28 AM ET *

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod
  • Predictions:  576  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  764
  • Post Score: -48

08.12.2021 | 1:50 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 132nd

DamienHandel420 Curtis Blaydes did not do the "same thing" as Ciryl Gane, Blaydes landed some solid jabs and straights and that's it. Ciryl did all that along with leg and body kicks and clinch work (each of those clinch knees took some Lewis's will away) which tired out Lewis, but that's not even worth arguing about. Your point is that Blaydes is dumb and should've won the fight. We agree but just remember that in the future when you wanna pick Blaydes to beat another cerebral fighter.
So Leon after 2 years off and beating Nate 'The Punching Bag' Diaz, and poking Belal 'the bum" Muhammad's eye out, Leon deserves a title shot HAHAHA? I dont even think that's worth discussion but I'll humor you. Burns and Covington got title fights after needing 20+ mins with Woodley.. Luque needed 4.5 mins to finish Woodley... then he comes in and subs a Chiesa who had a 4 fight win streak and a recent win over RDA who was the replacement fighter for the #1 contender fight at 155Lbs. Your math isn't adding up. Tell Leon go fight Masvidal and avenge that 3 piece and a soda Jorge gave him back stage. Leon should not sniff a title shot until he beats 2 more people. Masvidal then maybe Burns or Covington.

* Edited at 08.12.2021, 1:54 PM ET *

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

Speedo424
Speedo424
  • Predictions:  683  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  143
  • Post Score: 266

08.13.2021 | 4:02 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2305th

Can I just say that I am sick and tired of the friendship between Luque and Burns? 

There's not much space in the top 5, and if these guys continue to refuse to fight each other, it will stagnate the division.

Other than that, grow up. You're a professional fighter. No more kiddy ****, there's no making friends in the UFC.
Spotlight23
Spotlight23
  • Predictions:  7,668  |  68.5%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: -14

08.13.2021 | 7:35 AM ET

Bobby mean Green

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1375th

Bobby Green   is so underrated what a monster 

"Rest in piss MMA R.I.P"

Spotlight23
Spotlight23
  • Predictions:  7,668  |  68.5%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: -14

08.13.2021 | 7:37 AM ET

Michael Chiesa chokes once again

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1375th

Michael Chiesa  what a huge let down.

"Rest in piss MMA R.I.P"

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.13.2021 | 2:08 PM ET

Speedo424 that stupid comment you made just shows how disloyal of a person you are. You should inform yourself more before saying stuff about people needing to "grow up" and other things disparaging someone's character. Burns and Luque have known each other for 10 years, before either of them were in the UFC. They've helped each other train for fights for years. So now they're supposed to fight now for what? Money? Your entertainment? Just really shows the low morality of humans on this earth today. Burns and Luque do not have to fight each other ever and it will not stagnate anything. They have 5 years in age difference and are on different career timelines. Here's a thought... they will fight those in the top 5 that they can and then just fight people outside of the top 5... BRILLIANT! Who could've ever thought of that????

* Edited at 08.13.2021, 2:09 PM ET *

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.13.2021 | 2:18 PM ET

Spotlight23 what did you expect from Chiesa? Some of you MMA fans are embarrassing. At least in every other sports there is a sense of loyalty to athletes that the hypothetical fan is rooting for win lose or draw. In MMA as soon as a fighter loses, we are talking badly about them, and now we're tagging his tapology page (that he'll never read) and talking down to him/her because they lost a professional fight (to a top 5 opponent). He's allowed to be critical of himself not you. The saddest part of it all is the majority of you type of fans can't fight if your life depended on and never have fought. Just maybe got bullied here or there. Any one who has really fought a significant amount of times has a certain level of respect for people who fight professionally and always understand that losing a fight is nothing to be shamed over. Again, it's embarrassing on your behalf  Spotlight23 WE HAVE TO BE BETTER AS A COMMUNITY

* Edited at 08.13.2021, 2:20 PM ET *

Speedo424
Speedo424
  • Predictions:  683  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  143
  • Post Score: 266

08.14.2021 | 7:54 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2305th

@PlusmoneyGod

I would agree with you, were it not the welterweight division at this time. Covington is now lined up for the title shot, and the next top contender spot (assuming Usman wins again, which I believe he will) hangs between Luque and Durinho. The other two guys in the top 5 (namely Thompson and Edwards) are in no shape for a title fight right now. 

If I were the matchmaker, I would force Luque and Burns to fight after (and again, if) Usman beats Covington.
PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.14.2021 | 12:05 PM ET

Speedo424 Luque will get the next title shot, Burns will fight Leon or Masvidal. You cant force anyone to fight anyone, and the UFC won't try. "Yea Nate Diaz .. we need you to fight Nick Diaz bcuz you know... stagnation of the division... so what you're brothers and care about each other. We are forcing you to fight"... imagine that haha

just please don't say this again when Aljamain refuses to fight Merab or Gastelum refuses to fight Uriah Hall or Vettori or even Strickland maybe. Relationships are important in fighting just like everywhere else my guy

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.16.2021 | 12:03 AM ET

Ciryl Gane vs Anybody

The Great Gane moneyline. I'll first admit this is a much less sophisticated Ngannou but unfortunately this is a much less sophisticated Ciryl. My take: Fernand Lopez is coaching Francis because A) Francis was likely the emphasis of the sparring because he was the bigger fighter; it's likely Francis's camp (hard sparring would usually happen in a camp) and Ciryl was the "training partner" B) Sorry to say Francis needed it ATM and Ciryl didn't. Ciryl is not even trying to land on him. BUT HE STILL COULD AT WILL HAHAHA. Ciryl is SOON TO BE THE BEST HW IN THE MMA HISTORY. Ngannou better try to rekindle that Jon Jones fight so he can get a title defense. 

* Edited at 08.16.2021, 12:21 AM ET *

Page 57

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ilia Topuria Eyes Conor McGregor After Title Fight With Max Holloway In September, Vows To Sleep ‘Blessed’ With ‘One Clear Punch’
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Conor wins his first belt, 'BMF' madness and more UFC legendary moments without commentary
  • Bad Left Hook : Joyce vs Chisora official for July 27 in London
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I got to go get what’s mines’: Wilder looking to put on vintage performance against Zhang
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I got to go get what’s mines’: Deontay Wilder looking to put on vintage performance against Zhilei Zhang
  • UFC.com : Statement On Khalil Rountree
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman responds to 'disrespectful' Conor McGregor: 'Put that whiskey bottle down'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I cry at night sometimes’: Garcia continues to maintain innocence in PED scandal
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman Fires Back At Conor McGregor For Calling Him ‘Bum’, Demands Respect From ‘Notorious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman claims Conor McGregor turned down UFC welterweight title fights
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville Poster For ‘Cannonier Vs Imavov’
  • MMA Junkie : For Curtis Blaydes, UFC 304 rematch with 'cool dude' Tom Aspinall feels brand new
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Gordon Ryan And John Danaher Rolling Together
  • MMA Mania : Pirates Cost Fury-Usyk Broadcasters $100 Million
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor addresses comments toward Sean O'Malley: 'He kind of got caught in the crosshairs'
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Gegard Mousasi, Paige VanZant and Elle Brooke faceoff, Dakota Ditcheva in studio, Frank Warren, Lerone Murphy, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Colombia's Javier Reyes feels close to reaching UFC dream: 'I'm more than ready to kill it'
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Taps Holloway Next, Then McGregor At Bernabeu
  • MMA Mania : Conor Claims No More Verbal Mac Attacks!
  • MMA Junkie : 'I'll do three this year': Conor McGregor wants active schedule after UFC 303 return