Topic: Edgar vs. Henderson

Edgar vs. Henderson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,840  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,689
  • Post Score: 60

11.12.2011 | 10:55 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Edgar   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Edgar vs. Henderson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 10

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.31.2012 | 8:36 PM ET

This is going to be a great fight, but I have to give Edgar the slight edge. Might be a Split or Majority Decision.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

01.31.2012 | 8:40 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   correct Decision  

@p4pgoat Well, it depends on who you consider better opponents.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

01.31.2012 | 8:46 PM ET

I consider wins over BJ Penn (twice) Gray Maynard, Jim Miller, Sean Sherk and being the undisputed UFC LW champion to be higher credentials then that of Henderson. I like Henderson a lot and he is a really good fighter. Once again though a lot of people are underestimating Frankie. Frankie will find a way to retain his title.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

fglop
fglop
  • Predictions:  1,625  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,061
  • Post Score: 150

01.31.2012 | 9:10 PM ET

Definitely didn't expect to see more people pick Bendo. I picked Bendo but just b/c I like him more lol. Still think Edgar's gonna pull this one out.
ossigor
ossigor
  • Predictions:  386  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  23
  • Post Score: -143

02.11.2012 | 3:36 PM ET

to me, this is just another classic case of underestimating frankie edgar. i see gray as posing a bigger challenge than ben will, as gray is a more powerful striker. neither of them are capable of keeping frankie down, and i think edgar will use his wrestling and good footwork to win the 5 round decision. not to mention he's got more in the gas tank than henderson does.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.11.2012 | 8:49 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

how do you know gray is a more powerful striker? this will be a smooth victory.
ossigor
ossigor
  • Predictions:  386  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  23
  • Post Score: -143

02.12.2012 | 12:07 AM ET

because i've watched them both strike? to my eyes, gray throws with more power and has hit frankie with those shots.

you really think henderson can outbox frankie?
krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

02.12.2012 | 12:22 AM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

henderson out boxing edgar may not happen, but i do think he can out strike him. i don't know if he will or not, but the difference with ben and all of frankies other opponents is ben is fast enough to keep up with him. and unlike maynard, he actually sticks to what he does best...i'm hoping ben comes out and puts it on frankie from the 1st to the 5th

but i am a lil bias, you see I hate frankie edgar lol....seriously, can't stand him

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Hellequin
Hellequin
  • Predictions:  2,084  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  555
  • Post Score: 138

02.12.2012 | 1:26 AM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Ben Henderson all the way! And this will finally Unite the Titles! Linearly, Ben lost to Pettis at the last WEC fight, technically Pettis carried the WEC LW Belt to UFC, then dropped it to Guida...who was beaten by Ben, which means Ben has reclaimed the WEC Belt, and this is finally the unification!

And I am fully pulling for Ben to unify the LW belts. I love Frankie, but Ben has been my man for far longer! And people talk about doubting Frankie? No sir, do not doubt Ben Henderson!

"The punches that land, are the most dangerous..." " Boiling Crock Pot of Excellence " "He ate that like a pop-tart!" ~Joe Rogan

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.12.2012 | 1:30 AM ET

@Hellequin You should get an "Amen." LOLZ. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

johmal2
johmal2
  • Predictions:  159  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 66

02.17.2012 | 10:03 AM ET

frankie uses cardio to win
The Weasel King
The Weasel King
  • Predictions:  10  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 100

02.17.2012 | 10:35 AM ET

I'd say Edgar by Decision or Henderson by 3rd or 4th round Submission. And I'm giving the edge to Edgar.

"Logic is a type of faeces. You hurl it at other monkeys and hope some of it sticks."

Tristan
Tristan
  • Predictions:  259  |  54.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 150

02.18.2012 | 4:31 PM ET

Frankie is #1
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.18.2012 | 4:45 PM ET

its exactly 50/50 for Tapologist pickers but the money has come in on henderson. i got smooth at +120 a week ago but now he is -120 and will go higher. wait till the weigh inns. he is soo much larger than edgar. frankie is gonna get beat down.
LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.18.2012 | 4:47 PM ET

Going to be a long night for Bendo if he doesn't find a way to slow Frankie down.  I think Maynard did some damage to Frankie's chin though and Bendo is fast and powerful enough to catch him.  If Bendo catches Frankie though, he won't be going for the TKO.  Submission attempt is more likely.  Size could play a factor too.

Picking Bendo, but not counting Frankie out.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.18.2012 | 4:49 PM ET

fair analysis. @lynx
Cuggy X
Cuggy X
  • Predictions:  1,044  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 157

02.18.2012 | 5:51 PM ET

I'm thinking Edgar's gonna frustrate him with his boxing, but I could see it go either way.

"He wont be able to handul my riddum" - Georges St-Pierre

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,453  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

02.18.2012 | 6:49 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Edgar   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

If Henderson can slow Edgar down somehow then I like his chances. But there is no slowing down Edgar man! I think Bendo is gonna control the fight for the first 2 rounds then in the 3rd Edgar starts really swinging leading to a TKO early in the 4th. ROCKY BALBOA!

* Edited at 02.18.2012, 6:50 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.18.2012 | 7:22 PM ET

@Mike I'm sorry, but it is folly to believe Edgar is going to finish Henderson by KO/TKO. Showtime kick. That's all I have to say about it. If Edgar wins, it will 100% be by decision, and if Ben wins it could be by sub or decision. A T/KO is unlikely as hell in this fight.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,453  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

02.18.2012 | 7:24 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Edgar   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I know its VERY unlikely but I do think it could happen from either fighter.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Miguel Baeza vs. Punahele Soriano prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • Bad Left Hook : Pacquiao in talks to face Barrios for WBC world title this fall
  • Bad Left Hook : Manny Pacquiao could face Mario Barrios for WBC world title this fall
  • Middle Easy : Video: Jon Jones Got Emotional After Being Told He’ll Be Out For Almost One Year Due To Injury
  • MMAFighting.com : Kleber Koike: Winner of RIZIN 47 fight vs. Juan Archuleta will be next featherweight champ
  • MMA Mania : Video! Khabib Tries To Book Shavkat Vs. Usman Behind-The-Scenes
  • MMA Junkie : Julian Marquez vs. Zach Reese prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • Middle Easy : Alexander Volkanovski Open For ‘Feelers’ Such As Dustin Poirier And Conor McGregor But Insists His Next Fight Is For Featherweight Title
  • MMA Junkie : Makhmud Muradov returns to OKTAGON MMA after seven-fight UFC stint
  • MMAFighting.com : Eduarda Moura vows to ‘run through’ Denise Gomes ‘like a tractor’ at UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jon Jones learns of injury recovery timeline from Dana White, Hunter Campbell in new UFC docuseries
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler confident Conor McGregor fight still happening at UFC 303: ‘The fight is on’
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Confirms Conor McGregor Fight At UFC 303 Is ‘Happening’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Makwan Amirkhani slammed and submitted at OKTAGON 58, falls to 1-7 in past eight fights
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs. Imavov Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Louisville return features top middleweights vying for title contention
  • MMA Junkie : Brunno Ferreira vs. Dustin Stoltzfus prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • Middle Easy : Video: Eddie Hall Tosses Opponent In The Air Before Scoring KO Win In Bizarre 2v1 Fight, Calls Out Fellow Strongman Mariusz Pudzianowski
  • MMA Mania : Video! Emotional Jones Finds Out He’ll Be Sidelined For A Year
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville’s Carlos Prates calls Chael Sonnen ‘dead prey’ in Anderson Silva boxing match