Topic: Edgar vs. Henderson

Edgar vs. Henderson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,840  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,687
  • Post Score: 60

11.12.2011 | 10:55 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Edgar   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Edgar vs. Henderson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 19

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

02.26.2012 | 10:50 PM ET

If they're not employing the standard ten-point must system, then they shouldn't refer to it as such.  The ten-point must by definition includes a knock down being scored as a 10-8 or 10-7 round.  After the second knock down, subsequent knock downs to not equal 10-6, 10-5, etc.  It stops at 10-7, even if the fighter is knocked down 5 times.

Also, a knock down is a knock down.  Just because someone feels that one is more significant than the other doesn't mean it's scored any differently.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

02.26.2012 | 10:57 PM ET

MMA and boxing... different sports.  Seriously man, what is this argument all about?

"I live, I die, I live again."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.26.2012 | 10:58 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   correct Decision  

@RW Dude, I'm not talking ****. It's just that when people try to explain what's going on you get really defensive. And, please, I have a lot of respect for any fighter, it wasn't a diss on the fact that you fight. I was jibing at the grammar. Calm down.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

darth_nanners
darth_nanners
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: 170

02.26.2012 | 11:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Edgar   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Anybody who says that the second round upkick changed the tune of the whole fight I feel is absolutely correct. After the second round the same Frankie Edgar didn't come out of his corner it hurt him and it seemed to me like it got him more cautious than normal. It was the biggest single moment of the fight that is what caused the most damage it is what changed the momentum of the fight.

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

02.26.2012 | 11:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   correct Decision  

To everyone complaining about the decision... I think there is alot of things to look at..... First the stats... Check them out on fightmetric.com. It clearly shows that Bendo outstruck Edgar and even if it was equal striking... Bendo did 10x much damage as Edgar did. On to my second point damage, Edgar looked like he got mauled. Also even though Franky was catching his kicks they were still landing and doing damage as well. There's no way any round was a 10-8 round, because all rounds were relatively competitive. And 3rd ring control and aggression... Franky sticks and moves but Benson was cutting him off and controlling the center. I give it a 49-46 for Bendo... It's all my opinion, but hey everyone has a different outlook, but there's many clear factors on why Bendo won... Besides I'd like to see Frankie down @ 145lbs. I do give Frankie mad props though, He is truely a warrior.

* Edited at 02.26.2012, 11:17 PM ET *

Page 19

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC's Louisville return features top middleweights vying for title contention
  • MMA Junkie : Brunno Ferreira vs. Dustin Stoltzfus prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • Middle Easy : Video: Eddie Hall Tosses Opponent In The Air Before Scoring KO Win In Bizarre 2v1 Fight, Calls Out Fellow Strongman Mariusz Pudzianowski
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Ricky Turcios prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! PFL Newcastle Results, Streaming Updates TODAY!
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Jacoby: ‘I’m a huge Alex Pereira fan’ but Anthony Smith is right about him
  • MMA Junkie : Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Boxer suffers spasms after terrifying knockout punch
  • MMA Mania : KO Alert! ‘King’ Walsh Shines With Another Brutal Finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Mirela Vargas plans to ‘smash’ boxing champion Savannah Marshall at PFL Europe 2
  • MMA Junkie : On the Doorstep: 10 fighters who could make UFC with June wins
  • MMA Mania : Video! UFC 303 Promo Drop Confirms McGregor Vs. Chandler Good To Go
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 predictions: Is Jared Cannonier or Nassourdine Imavov our blowout pick in Louisville?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville predictions
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 play-by-play and live results (5 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Louisville Results, Streaming Updates
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira: Live updates and results, 11 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Mikey Musumeci Gets Revenge With Crazy Submission Win Over Gabriel Sousa At ONE 167
  • Jits Magazine : Kade Ruotolo Dominates In MMA Debut At ONE 167