Topic: Arlovski vs. NGannou

Arlovski vs. N'Gannou

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,883  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,701
  • Post Score: 60

12.14.2016 | 10:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct NGannou   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Arlovski vs. N'Gannou. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

12.14.2016 | 10:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct NGannou   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Arlovski's speed could present challenges, but Francis is on the way up ... and that power.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,200  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,264
  • Post Score: 189

12.14.2016 | 10:53 PM ET

Arlovky is a better, more complete fighter, but style make fight and thats a perfect match up for N'Gannou, like Rodrigues knocking Penn

"Never go down without a fight"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.14.2016 | 10:58 PM ET

post fight potentials

Prediction: wrong Arlovski   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

UFC Russia - Arlov reps the BLR (  and USA..) in RU

Arlovski vs Roy 2 ( commencing beat down fest )

Arlovski vs Fedor 2 ( who slumps first ??)

Arlovski vs Mitrione ( battle of meat heads )

Arlovski vs Kharitonov 2 ( vendetta nemesis )

* Edited at 12.14.2016, 11:00 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,578  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.15.2016 | 6:15 AM ET

If Arlovski trades in the pocket with N'Gannou I think he drops. And to be honest, at this point I don't think Arlovski can help it.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

12.15.2016 | 6:39 AM ET

This is a tough fight for Arlovski after dropping three in a row, all with finishes. I'll be bummed when (presumably) gets finished an cut. :(

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,570  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

12.15.2016 | 7:47 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Arlovski   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I have the feeling this will be Arlivski last match.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

12.15.2016 | 8:17 AM ET

This is a sad mismatch.

Arlovski was a great fighter, and it was cool to saw him come back in the UFC for an improbable run (wich gave us two unforgettable violent battles with Browne and Barnett), and he can still land a power shot, but his chin is gone now, he is just pure heart and swing.
Ngannou is still a bit raw, and didn't faced anyone of Arlovki's calliber yet, but is arguably the strongest man in the UFC right know.
I pick Ngannou by ridiculous savagery.

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

********hard
********hard
  • Predictions:  4,105  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 221

12.15.2016 | 11:11 AM ET

Prediction: correct NGannou   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Sucks man, I see 4 straight loses for Arlovski with this one, Francis is on a tear and I see him moving up quick
DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

12.15.2016 | 9:54 PM ET

They should've done Struve vs Arlovski instead of sending both of them to their deaths.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.16.2016 | 5:22 AM ET

Yeah, Arlovski vs Struve, JDS vs Lewis and Browne vs Rothwell 

* Edited at 12.16.2016, 5:22 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.16.2016 | 7:55 AM ET

Sound like better matches.

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

12.17.2016 | 3:27 AM ET

This card is loaded. Actually like this card a little better than 208. Maybe it's because this one is free. Idk. With that being said, man what a murderer's row andrei has faced. Current champ, then title challenger, then former champ. After all that, he gets arguably the best hw prospect in the ufc. Aside from the recent title challengers/champs, I can't think of another guy at hw with a tougher 4 fight stretch. Crazy to think that at this time last year, andrei was legitimately being considered for a title shot. Just goes to show how small the margin of error is at hw. 

Imo what andrei did during his resurgence was almost as impressive as what robbie lawler was able to do. A guy who was written off to fight his way to a point where he was 1 win away from a title shot cements him as one of the greatest hw mixed martial artists. I gotta think that with a loss here (especially a finish)  andrei will consider retirement. But I wont write him off quite yet. I learned that from his last run. 

"Where are my shoes?"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.17.2016 | 10:36 AM ET

Good card for a Fight Night.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.11.2017 | 12:43 AM ET

not trying to be prick but Arlov would be fine addition to Bellator / Rizin partnerships not sure how the $$ would work but in Japan he can let loose with "supplements"

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,578  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.11.2017 | 3:06 AM ET

Not buying into N'Gannou yet. He's big and strong and Arlovski is a sucker for a pocket-brawl. That said, Arlovski is faster, technically superior, WAY more experienced.

If he can stay away from trying to go tid-for-tad with N'Gannou I think he beats him. That's a big "if" because Arlovski gets pulled into fire fights way too easily, but I'm going to hope Greg Jackson manages to reel him in a bit.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

01.11.2017 | 5:58 AM ET

I am rooting for my boy Ngannou. First "big" test but i am pretty sure he will impress us as always. He's improving a lot every single fight and he's not just about strenght (even if he's a natural phenom).

I saw his lasts training that are impressive.. working a lot on his ground game and transition TD to increase his tools (as we saw against Hamilton).

Arlovski's chin is really "suspect" and i don't know how he can win this fight. I really can't see him finish Ngannou.. even if he hasn't really been tested hard yet.. maybe by decision but really curious to see his gameplan coming for this fight because trading with Ngannou is suicide.. maybe "in'n'out".. he will have to deal with hard pressure and 1 punch knockout threat..

Anyway, Go Predatoooor !!!

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.11.2017 | 7:02 AM ET

A KO either way.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,724  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

01.23.2017 | 1:54 PM ET

hate to pick against arlovski, but i just feel like hes not done sliding for the moment.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

01.24.2017 | 7:53 AM ET

Arlovski is mercurial.

Barney20171
Barney20171
  • Predictions:  46  |  52.2%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 8

01.25.2017 | 7:02 PM ET

Ngannou is green, Arlovski needs this or he needs to sign on the dole !

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Is ‘Coming for Heads,’ Not Titles, When He Makes Return to the UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Anderson Silva gives Chael Sonnen a rose in their faceoff ahead of boxing match in Brazil
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Refuses to Make the Same Mistake in Boxing That He Did in MMA Against Anderson Silva
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul says he would ‘kill’ Sean O’Malley, wants to fight at UFC 303 before Mike Tyson bout
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley’s Coach Questions the Quality of Conor McGregor’s Sparring Partners Ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-GLORY Kickboxing champ Simon Marcus resumes path toward UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Joshua Van relieved to make it to UFC on ESPN 58 fight week after several bout cancellations
  • Middle Easy : 19 Year-Old Raul Rosas Jr. Chasing After Jon Jones’ UFC Record: ‘I Got 4 Years To Break It’
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC contender Merab Dvalishvili decided to no longer 'chase the finish' in fights
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Could be over early’: Ellerbe says Tank does everything better than Martin
  • MMA Junkie : Beneil Dariush no longer chasing UFC fight vs. Dustin Poirier: 'That shipped has passed'
  • Middle Easy : Report: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler ‘Not Looking Good’, UFC Is Hoping For ‘Plan B’ Or ‘Plan C’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Middle finger was not directed at Jon Jones in UFC 'Fight Inc' documentary
  • Bad Left Hook : Espinoza signs with Top Rank ahead of June 21 title defense
  • Bad Left Hook : Golden Boy undercard for June 27 show headlined by Fulghum vs Ellis
  • Middle Easy : Dricus Du Plessis ‘Ready’ To Face Israel Adesanya, ‘Would Love’ To Fight Khamzat Chimaev If He Beats Robert Whittaker
  • MMA Junkie : Dricus Du Plessis: Robert Whittaker beating Khamzat Chimaev at UFC on ABC 6 doesn't warrant title shot
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I want to be the Serena Williams of boxing’: Shields on future goals, July return
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya 'coming for heads,' not UFC championship belts
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler fight ‘very much in limbo’ for UFC 303