Topic: Tate vs. Pennington

Tate vs. Pennington

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

09.23.2016 | 3:57 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Tate vs. Pennington. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

09.23.2016 | 3:57 PM ET

Good to see Rocky get a step-up into the big time with three wins in a row.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,017  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

09.23.2016 | 9:13 PM ET

Solid enough fight but think Raquel is pretty overmatched here. Tate is probably one of the worst possible matchups for her really.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,233  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

09.23.2016 | 10:40 PM ET

Prediction: correct Pennington   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

I never pick against Rocky, she's one of, if not my favorite female fighter. Hopefully she can pull off another bulldog choke like she did against Evans-Smith. That'd be pretty amazing.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

09.24.2016 | 1:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct Pennington   correct Decision  

Tate will be a huge favorite, but this a trap fight for her. She won't out box Pennington. Tate only hope is to out wrestle or submit Pennington. However I'm not sure she'll be able to take down a Pennington. The last time Tate lost the title she looked horrible against Julie Kedzie for the most part. I'm also concerned that Tate took too much of a beating in July to return in November. 

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.24.2016 | 2:23 AM ET

Tate has this ability to fight up/down to her opponent's ability. She's extremely reliant on her grappling though she doesn't seem to understand that. She thinks she's got good striking which makes her try and strike with girls she thinks she's better than on the feet (which is every girl barring Holly Holm in her mind). And when she can't easily get her opponent down she starts eating punches. The thing that gets her by is that on most occasions she's tougher and has better conditioning than her opponent.

I do think however that she'll manage to outgrapple Rocky for a close, hard-fought decision. Rocky's not easy to take down, but she's also not on the level where she can fend off Tate for a whole round. I think 1-2 TDs per round will happen at some point of each of them and then a lot of top control. Tate is a master at timing the double-leg and Rocky tends to get over-agressive at points in the fight.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

09.28.2016 | 3:48 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Give Miesha enough time and she will get Rocky to the ground , both girls share very similar skills, just Miesha perhaps with more experience should be able to string her up before its over. One more example of how weak this division is

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

Leto1776
Leto1776
  • Predictions:  716  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 45

11.05.2016 | 9:52 AM ET

Tate takes this. Pennington has improved, but not that much. I'm not expecting fireworks from this one.

"I wake up in the morning, and I piss excellence" Ricky Bobby

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

11.08.2016 | 8:50 PM ET

Prediction: correct Pennington   correct Decision  

Sounds like Tate is finally single again, and Caraway obviously won't be in her corner for this fight.

Just like RDA, I think Tate is prime for an post-title upset loss.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.09.2016 | 1:26 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Where did you hear Miesha was available? (fires up twitter account to hit on miesha)
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 22 hours, and 26 minutes from now.
Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

11.09.2016 | 1:30 AM ET

Tis known dat ass is free.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.09.2016 | 2:50 AM ET

@mikey, it's been circling around quite a bit ... also, close observers have notice that her social media accounts are full of pics of her and Caraway until a certain point in time and then they completely stop.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MMAdanielMiami
MMAdanielMiami
  • Predictions:  8  |  37.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -14

11.10.2016 | 8:20 PM ET

Tate will dominate in the grappling. Maybe not by much as Pennington is strong in the clinch and has great BJJ skills. Pennington also throws power punches so if Miesha can time Pennington well and duck her punches and take her down then she should get a split decision based on take down points.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,939  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,376
  • Post Score: 39

11.10.2016 | 9:36 PM ET

I don't believe rocky has the tools or the pace to damage miesha.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.11.2016 | 1:24 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Raquel is way too passive, flat footed and not strong enough to stop what Miesha brings. I think this might be a showcase fight for Miesha as I do not see her beating Miesha, at all.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 22 hours, and 26 minutes from now.
pauljohn
pauljohn
  • Predictions:  39  |  48.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -14

11.11.2016 | 7:37 PM ET

miesha does really well in non-pressured fights
BakedBill
BakedBill
  • Predictions:  57  |  49.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 73

11.12.2016 | 5:37 PM ET

I wish I could be Raquel tonight. Miesha can have her way with me any hour of any day of the week.
StreamFan68
StreamFan68

11.13.2016 | 2:10 AM ET

Thank you Miesha for all that you gave to womens MMA

I have to admit...if I were a prestine fighter with a career like MIesha's and I lost to a fighter like Raquel or on the same skill level as Raquell..on the biggest event in UFC history? I would probably thrown in the towel myself...  Bantamweight loses one of its better ones...thats a shame... where UFC media see's that as a sign of "growth"..I see it as the division losing one of its remaining quality 135'ers...  Thanks for all you have done for this sport Miesha... your career has been amazing and we were lucky to have witnessed it... God Bless you and may your next journey in life be just as rewarding...!!

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,017  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

11.13.2016 | 2:14 AM ET

Pretty shocked with this one. Did Tate just stop giving a **** after she won the title? She used to be really scrappy and always stay in the fight as long as she could but against Nunes she just folded and here she seemed to be OK with awkwardly clinching, getting jabbed, and trying to outdo Marcin Held in dumb leglock attempts.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.13.2016 | 2:16 AM ET

Well I think she was probably pretty disappointed in herself for losing the championship, and a second loss probably convinced her that she's not the best in the world anymore, if she ever was. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

StreamFan68
StreamFan68

11.13.2016 | 2:37 AM ET

@buffalo ben

Oh ya I definately think that totally was part of her decision making for sure... that had to factor in...and to be fair...probably seeing Ronda come back and instantly getting back "her stroke..and attention"... and realizing that the rules automatically are fixing to change once shes back... I would be a bit frustrated as well ... Not saying she didnt have oppertunity to control a lot of that by simply holding on to the belt ...but man that climb back TO the belt just got extremely tuffer for her for sure... I just wish her a lot of luck in her next set of choices and directions that life takes her you know?

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef