Topic: Other Combat Sports

Mayweather vs. McGregor

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan
  • Predictions:  1,156  |  35.6%
  • Forum Posts:  343
  • Post Score: 675

05.06.2016 | 11:08 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Mayweather vs. McGregor. Let's see what you've got.

"There goes WorstPredictionMan, the greatest predictor who ever lived."

Responses Page 4

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.15.2017 | 10:50 AM ET

A prime McGregor can (T)KO an aging Floyd but I doubt Floyd stops Conor. I really think Conor has the unorthodox style to figure out Floyd. But, Conor needs to do it inside of 4 rounds or he loses a decision pretty handily. Floyd should be the favorite, but don't be shocked in this one.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 7 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

06.15.2017 | 11:53 AM ET

McGregor has a punchers chance in so much as he has hands and Mayweather has a head but that is literally where it ends. I think Dan Hardy summed it up pretty accurately, 12 rounds of defensive boxing from Mayweather with McGregor throwing hard and missing often. That is if he doesn't get clipped as he tires.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

06.15.2017 | 1:16 PM ET

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.15.2017 | 6:07 PM ET

Looks like it will be around 100 for the PPV.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg

06.15.2017 | 6:19 PM ET

Rappin' Soda always reminds me of an actual Soda rapping. This is close to what it looks like.

* Edited at 06.15.2017, 8:03 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 7 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg

06.15.2017 | 8:02 PM ET

Video is from a few months ago, but still funny

* Edited at 06.15.2017, 8:02 PM ET *

WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan

07.08.2017 | 5:32 AM ET

Here's the official Showtime promo.

WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan

07.12.2017 | 5:46 PM ET

Am I the only one on Tapology who cares about the greatest event in combat sports history? It really seems that way. Maybe the forum is near dead these days. Either way this is pathetic. I might have to leave Tapology and take my talents to Boxology at this rate.

The Toronto press conference is starting soon at the time this post was made.

Here's the World Tour schedule this week.

TUESDAY, JULY 11 – Los Angeles Event
4 p.m. ET/ 1 p.m. PT from Staples Center
YouTube Link: http://s.sho.com/2t3bg0Y

WEDNESDAY, JULY 12 – Toronto Event
5:30 p.m. ET / 2:30 p.m. PT from Budweiser Stage
YouTube Link: http://s.sho.com/2uGxDLN

THURSDAY, JULY 13 – New York Event
5:30 p.m. ET / 2:30 p.m. PT from Barclays Center In Brooklyn
YouTube Link: http://s.sho.com/2sFldT2

FRIDAY, JULY 14 – London Event
7 p.m. BST / 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT from The SEE Arena, Wembley
YouTube Link: http://s.sho.com/2t3AcFF

* Edited at 07.12.2017, 5:46 PM ET *

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

07.12.2017 | 9:22 PM ET

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

07.12.2017 | 9:55 PM ET

JUST FANS WAITING FOR THE FIGHT

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.13.2017 | 7:50 AM ET

Mikey, great analogy.

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

07.13.2017 | 7:32 PM ET

I don't care about the boxing match. I knew the real entertainment would be in the press conferences. Mainly because Conor doesn't give a **** about holding back. Everyone else still has to make a living in boxing, so they play nice. Conor doesn't care because A.) he always has that UFC check in his back pocket with a number of matchups B.) he's making enough from this fight to retire on. And even though Floyd isn't shook, his crew certainly is. They are loving Conor because he's the best entertainer on the planet. His events always live up to the hype.

"Where are my shoes?"

WarriorsCreed24
WarriorsCreed24
  • Predictions:  4,236  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -50

07.15.2017 | 2:30 AM ET

The Poster who said Mcgregor will figure out Mayweather and KO him!

Is Some of the most comical stuff I have ever heard lmao!

The same guy also said Floyd can't stop Conner Equally Hilarious lmao!

This Fight will not last 5 full rounds!!  Mayweather will literally Toy with Connie and then Turn His Lights Out Whenever He Wants Too!!!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete Fool!!!!

49 Pro Boxers and Many of The 49 were Elite Pro Boxers could not figure out Mayweather but somehow you Sheep think the novice Boxing Contard will be able too???  Stop making me Laugh it is starting to Hurt.

Nate Fing Diaz was on the verge of KO Connor *** are you people thinking lol...  Nate Diaz is so Slow and Fundamentally Deficient at Boxing and Has Zero Punching Power due to his horrible Fundamentals! When you throw your Power hand and lean way over your front foot like Diaz does its basically a Arm Punch! Not too mention any half ass Boxer would Counter the living daylights out of Diaz because of this and many other errors that guy makes!!

Conor is going to get completely Dismantled By Mayweather it's Comical Lmfao..  Oh and by the way Floyd is no power puncher but I guarantee he hits way harder than Nathan Diaz! Guarenteed!!

Not only that it isn't always the most powerful punches that KO's people but rather the Punches you never saw coming!!  

Floyd is going to hit Conor at will and conor will never see any of them coming!!!!  Conor has never seen Speed,Timing,Reflexes and Footwork like he will see from Floyd!!!  (Floyd is going to put him out of position so often and make him miss so badly that Conor will look Silly!

I can't stand Floyd Mayweather but my Gosh people reality is reality and Conor stands absolutely no chance of making it the distance let alone winning the fight! SMFH WOW Some People are Stupid and Guilable as ****.

Mayweather By 5th Round KO/TKO or Conor Quits! (And it will only last that long because Mayweather let's it last that Long!!!)..

Don't be a Sheep! Don't Buy this Circus of a Mismatch! It will not be remotely Competitive at All People!  It don't matter if Floyd was 50 years old he would still Whoop Conors Tail in a Pure Fist Fight.. Period End Of Story!

Don't Be A Sucker and Make these Two More Wealthy with your hard earned Dollars...  $100 PPV get the Fook out of here with that Garbage...

It's going to be a Whitewashing or rather a Blackwashing if you will!

"Fight Hard Or Don't Fight"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.17.2017 | 7:30 AM ET

People often are told what to believe and they Wil often do it if it is popular.

biotim34
biotim34
  • Predictions:  535  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 143

07.17.2017 | 3:02 PM ET

I enjoy the circus, this is entertainment
mikeyg
mikeyg

07.17.2017 | 11:39 PM ET

I love this ****. Conor is making Floyd his *****, I'm telling you this mental warfare game can work. Besides that the styles of both of them lead to an early stoppage or a 12 round dance fest. I think Conor can pull this off, hes the underdog but coupled with his unorthodox style and the mental edge he's got some serious momentum heading into this fight. 

Conor had so many gems in those press conferences, saying Floyd can't read, mocking his childish attitude and stupid chants, but it did shake Floyd when conor said he gets to make many times his net worth for half a fight. Floyd knows he needs as many rules and restrictions he can get to win a pugilism contest, not a real fight.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,074  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

07.18.2017 | 12:23 AM ET

People really overestimate the "mental game" sometimes and if they think it will matter in this fight, well...I really, really doubt it.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,390  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

07.18.2017 | 1:07 AM ET

People are ridiculous. Conor is not mentally beating Floyd. Get real, people. Do you see how composed the dude is? He's been doing this at the highest level for 20. *******. Years. This isn't his first rodeo. This is nothing to him. Conor seems more annoyed than Floyd does, but even then, not ridiculous enough to say Floyd is "in Conor's head". 

McGregor is not winning anything - especially the actual fight. This **** is ridiculous. McGregor will not touch Floyd, let alone "KO him inside 4 rounds". He has zero chance here. This isn't Eddie Alvarez in an MMA fight or Eddie Alvarez in a boxing match. He is fighting a defensive master who is going to put on an absolute boxing master class in this fight. 

People rag on Floyd's power, asking when the last time he KO;d anyone. Again; ridiculous. When was the last time Floyd fought a 0-0 clown? That's a far better question. This fight is stupid, but I will watch for the sheer spectacle. Conor has no shot, he is about to get lit up very, very badly. And I cannot wait for it.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

07.18.2017 | 2:15 AM ET

Not that I think it will effect the outcome... But I think Floyd showed some weakness mentally when he appeared phased by Conor's racially insensitive remarks. I think Floyd realized that and that's why he came back the next day with the gay slur. However Conor brushed it off.

Floyd should have ignored the comment like the new money twit he is.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

07.18.2017 | 2:18 AM ET

What mike said.  This is just going to be like every other Floyd boxing match, and that is a complete shut down of any offense Conor tries to put forward and doing just enough striking to score enough points to win each round. It won't be flashy, but it will be the inevitable.  The only thing you could even remotely argue Floyd has going against him is that he is fighting at Light Middleweight (154 lbs/24 kilos), as it is Conor's natural weight class and Floyd is rather undersized for that division, but even then Floyd has beaten some of the top boxers at that weight class like Oscar De La Hoya, Canelo Alvarez, and Marcos Maidana.  Unless Floyd decides to go full ****** and do what Aldo did and run full speed into a counter punch from one of the best counter punchers in MMA, Floyd wins this by a Unanimous Decision and the UFC will have had it's biggest star hurt from a fight that means nothing to anyone outside of the delusional suckers that are casual "fans" of combat sports that waste $100 on this kind of flashy crap.

* Edited at 07.18.2017, 2:19 AM ET *

"..."

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’