Tapology Forums

Why do u hate or love Michael Bisping

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

bispingthebest
bispingthebest
  • Predictions:  1,055  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  185
  • Post Score: 17

03.11.2013 | 1:32 PM ET

"Win,Lose or Tie NICK DIAZ till I die"

Responses

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

03.11.2013 | 1:38 PM ET

well, this thread is actually one of the reasons why I don't like him.

However, I've gone from totally hating him to being almost neutral.

Him flipping the fans at the weigh ins started to change my mind on him, I liked it. But the turning point for me was the Sonnen fight. I could never root for Sonnen, so for the first time in my life I found myself rooting for Bisping, he also fought a good fight and even though he lost, his stock rose, at least for me.

His attitude seems to have changed a little, I wouldn't say he's more humble, but  he just comes off as more down to earth lately, and I appreciate that.

"@AndySalasMMA"

edu94
edu94
  • Predictions:  1,420  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 349

03.11.2013 | 1:39 PM ET

His the British version of Chael Sonnen 
TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

03.11.2013 | 1:40 PM ET

I like him.  He's a guy that speaks his mind and he's a good fighter. I think the people who don't like him generally don't like people who are honest and keep it real.  What I think the rest of Tapology wants to know is what do you think of him? ;)

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

03.11.2013 | 1:46 PM ET

Im pretty neutral on him. I used to not to be able to stand him but hes not so bad now, I dont particularly care about his fighting but he has some interesting takes on things

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.11.2013 | 1:46 PM ET

I like him. Always have. I think people blow what he says out of proportion and don't understand his brash, British sense of humor. And I respect that he seems to be a clean fighter who gets beaten by roiders.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

bispingthebest
bispingthebest

03.11.2013 | 1:50 PM ET

Well Ok ^

Im its kinda fun i got big into the ufc back in 2009 is when i really started to follow it and of courses i saw the dan henderson ko and i was instally a fan of dan and i watched that fight alot well i really didnt know how the ufc set up fights back then and actually how many events they have. So i saw the UFC 105 promo on spike and mike was fighting kang and the promo was "the return of the count" ha as they put so of course i watch the event headlined by  couture vs vera and was watching the bisping kang fight and bisping got clip in round 1 and had a huge comeback in round 2 to finish the fight and i really got into mma after that and the rest is history for me and i follow bisping close ever since the kang fight.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.11.2013 | 1:50 PM ET

@Skelliher Except of course that whole illegal knee and spitting incident =P

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

bispingthebest
bispingthebest

03.11.2013 | 1:57 PM ET

hey i watch the rivera fight live and many times again rivera was closed to being finished before that knee and if mike would have hit him with a few punches instead of that knee i think the fight would have been over and the spiting thing was wrong but he did spit at the ground i watched it live but it still was wrong.

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.11.2013 | 2:04 PM ET

I've always been a huge fan, one of my favorite fighters. I think it's the fact that he doesn't change himself for anyone, and he's also a **** but in a good way...there is humor behind it, he's not just being a ****** for no reason..he just comes off a little brash. And he actually has personality unlike most stonefaced fighters.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

03.11.2013 | 2:14 PM ET

I didn't like him because of his time on TUF.  I thought he came off as a major *********.  After that I never really gave him much of a chance so I just found other things to hate on him for such as his ******** win over Hamill even though that fault lies entirely on the judges.  Also hated him for his style of boxing.  I still think he's a bit of a pillow-puncher.  Everyone hated him, so I did.  Lame.

Now with all of that said, he's grown on me and I actually really like the guy now both as a person and a fighter.  I think he's made his mistakes, but they always end up under a microscope.  Overall he's a good guy and a solid fighter.  Trains his ass off and is outspoken against TRT, which I like.  Hopefully he doesn't go back on his word as he ages into his 30s.  Time will tell.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

03.11.2013 | 2:47 PM ET

Where to begin.. The guy was a totally arrogant prick on his season of TUF.. This is when I became a fan. Tons of fighters talk **** and speak their mind, but few of them back it up like Bisping. Bisping has never started **** with someone who didn't piss him off first. Matt Hamill and his gloating about the TUF house with his 'WOOS', Jorge Rivera with all those videos calling Bisping a ****, Mayhem talking ALL that **** on TUF. The one tie he did it without being provoked was the water incident with Damarques Johnson and he said sorry afterwards..

He brings personality to a sport that needs it. You have guys like Chael who try to hard to be funny and after a while it begins to get stale, you have guys like Koscheck who try far too hard to trash talk and in the end makes himself look foolish .. Then you have Bisping is just naturally a guy who makes you want to completely despise him or become a huge fan of his within seconds of discovering him.

He is actually a very good person, I've met him twice and he seems like a genuinely cool guy. The guy fights hard and trains 10x harder. He doesn't need TRT to keep him rolling, in fact, hes completely against it.

Over the last few years he has grown tremendously as a fighter, coach, and a person. Season 9 of TUF he wasn't the greatest coach ... fast forward to Season 14 and he killed it. He coaches people and he truly cares for people who care to listen to him.

He gets **** on far too much and quite frankly I don't get it. Been a Bisping fan since TUF, still a Bisping fan today, and I'm assuming I'll also be one tomorrow.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,491  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

03.11.2013 | 2:54 PM ET

bisping rules  always have been a fan since tuf he will be one of my favs till i die just his attitude his skill i love everything about him

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

03.11.2013 | 2:56 PM ET

I used to really dislike Bisping, but he kind of grows on me with time.  I don't exactly cheer for him these days, but I "love to hate" him.

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

03.11.2013 | 3:01 PM ET

i've never been a big fan, but he did an Q&A at a UFC event I went to last year and i left it thinking he's an alright guy but just has a mouth on him

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,491  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

03.11.2013 | 3:03 PM ET

speaking of bisping just saw him tweet this michael ‏@bisping

@TylerNorCal @mikelovestacosx @tapology thanks guys. Really appreciate the support.

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

03.11.2013 | 3:09 PM ET

I just have never really liked him.  As skelliher put it, maybe i dont understand his brash british humor.  Whatever specifics i could mention as things that make me not like him it comes down to he simply rubs me wrong.

I do like the way he handles himself in a loss.  Occasionally he says something i like.  And lastly he really might be the most underrated fighter out there.  He has skills for sure but i still dont like him

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.11.2013 | 3:12 PM ET

I'm on the same page as @piercer. I've really never liked him all that much either. I don't hate him by any means (I hate no one), but I will say the way he carries/handles himself after a loss makes up for his pre-fight banter for sure. He's always classy after the fight.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

03.11.2013 | 5:30 PM ET

Not really a fan, but i don't mind him. I actually think he's funny. He kind of comes off as a ****, which is fine, but i've heard from multiple accounts that he's a pretty decent guy if you meet him. In the media or whatever, he doesn't pull punches, and doesn't make excuses if he does lose too, which is something i can respect.

* Edited at 03.11.2013, 5:42 PM ET *

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.11.2013 | 6:03 PM ET

Michael Bisping isnt actually as much of a **** as everyone makes him out to be, a decent guy really.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.11.2013 | 6:05 PM ET

Put this in the twitter thread but I'll put it in here too, as it fits the topic...

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC books Tracy Cortez vs. Miranda Maverick for summer showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Maycee Barber vs. Rose Namajunas targeted for UFC Fight Night headliner on July 13
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Money Doesn’t Equal Emotional Intelligence
  • MMA Mania : Meet UFC Vegas 92’s ‘Miracle’
  • MMA Junkie : Rising Japanese star Tatsuro Taira books first UFC main event vs. Alex Perez on June 15
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoffs
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : Rampage Vs. Briggs Falls Apart Amid Promoter Fraud Concerns
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champion Patchy Mix: 'I can't get the respect that Sean O'Malley has'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira now expected to headline UFC event on June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Dream Was To Become Champion’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Age doesn't matter': Mike Tyson, Jake Paul discuss experience vs. youth dynamic of boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira shows menace, humor in new Topps commercial
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Presser Highlights: Kid Asks Boxers Who Has Higher ‘Body Count’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson warns Jake Paul he will be fighting for his life; Paul responds
  • MMA Mania : Shake-Up! Perez Vs. Taira Now Headlines UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson and Jake Paul go nose-to-nose in first Tyson vs. Paul faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul have playful faceoff at first press conference in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington: Belal Muhammad 'squatting on his ranking,' doesn't deserve UFC title fight
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Talks Conor McGregor’s Fighting Future, Teases Two ‘UFC Legends’ In Talks to Join Promotion